It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Johnnie Cochran Dead at Age 67

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
CNN.com is reporting that famous lawyer Johnnie Cochran has died at the age of 67. More to follow as details become available.

[edit on 3/29/2005 by Indy]

"Famed attorney Johnnie Cochran, 67, perhaps best known for his defense of O.J. Simpson, died Tuesday at his home in Los Angeles."

www.cnn.com...

Doesn't say much yet except that he died in his home. Has anyone heard yet how he died?

[edit on 3/29/2005 by Indy]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
USA today said he died from a brain tumor. Link

Some of the No J's he represented:

He also represented former Black Panther Elmer "Geronimo" Pratt, who spent 27 years in prison for a murder he didn't commit. When Cochran helped Pratt win his freedom in 1997 he called the moment "the happiest day of my life practicing law."

He won a $760,000 award in a wrongful death lawsuit filed by the family of Ron Settles, a black college football star who died in police custody in 1981. Cochran challenged police claims that Settles hanged himself in jail after a speeding arrest. The player's body was exhumed, an autopsy performed and it revealed Settles had been choked.

His clients also included Haitian immigrant Abner Louima, who was tortured by New York police, and Tyisha Miller, a 19-year-old black woman shot to death by Riverside police who said she reached for a gun on her lap when they broke her car window in an effort to disarm her.

Very sad.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
You should use proper format to submit news i have had things thrown out for wrong format

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
He was a very brilliant lawyer, but, i hated and despised him for getting o.j. simpson off after he killed his wife and her lover. He knew how to play the game. Getting a double murder off on technicalities is just cheesy. good riddance i say!

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
If you are this slick, the bucket you must still kick.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Too bad this is news.

If I must admit, I don't give a s...

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
i am heartbroken...this sucks..that was a good and funny man...gonna miss his wisecracks and sweet sweet demanor...hahahahh gonna miss ya buddy...

from corey...a fan in surrey bc...

new topics

top topics

join