It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin's miracle warhead failed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Putin's miracle weapon revisited

MissileThreat.com

Many of you probably remember a much publicized missile test, conducted on February 18, 2004. The Rocket Forces reportedly tested a new missile warhead, which, in President Putin's words, were capable "hitting targets at an intercontinental depth," "with a hypersonic speed, high precision and the opportunity of deep manoeuvre in terms of height and course". It was heralded as Russia's response to the U.S. missile defense and the Russian military proudly claimed that the new warhead can penetrate any missile defense system.

Details of the test have never been officially (or otherwise) disclosed, but it is belived that the new weapon in question was a maneuverable warhead for the SS-19/UR-100NUTTH missile (although some reports say it was a SS-25/Topol missile warhead).

It turns out that the test may not be quite the success it was reported at the time. Yuri Solomonov, the General Designer of the Moscow Instinute of Thermal Technology, is reported as saying that the warhead burned up in atmosphere over the Svobodnyy launch site.

Maybe Putin can just use his Judo skills on Russia's enemies...

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Good thing, one less weapon of mass destruction we don't need.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Mabye it will almost be as sucessful as the fantastical USAF/US Army avrocar....

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I dont see why Russia and China feel so Threatend by US missile shield, First of all if Russia or china wanted to nuke US they would send a bunch nukes our way but they dont want to do that because they know we would launch nukes back, and it would be impossible to shoot down every Nuke missile china or Russia launched at US i think the only reason we are building Nuke shield is from Crazy people like umm i dont know his name but that crazy guy from NK he may only have one or two maybe even three missile to launch at US, which could be shot down and that would stop US from needing to launch any nukes which is the best policy, " then we kick NK a$$ for shootin missile at us"

I personally dont view Russia or china as a threat, i feel threatend by guys like NK who would sell nuke to binladen to hide in the US somewhere.

And i think the Rest of the world needs to grow some balls and tell NK no nuke fo you,*Cough*China*cough* cuz do they not realize that if NK sends Nuke to US and it hits US soil that we gonna blow NK off map and that a nuke would greatly affect China and russia, if i were president i would tell them they need to step up and start taking control of some situations, I feel that since china has befriended NK they should give NK some Guidance that the US and only the US has used Nukes or atomic bombs once before and we will more then likely do it again, if need be which would have some effect on china so if china dont want that they better chipin in and help keep the world a better place

[edit on 29-3-2005 by zakattack]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by zakattack
I dont see why Russia and China feel so Threatend by US missile shield, First of all if Russia or china wanted to nuke US they would send a bunch nukes our way but they dont want to do that because they know we would launch nukes back, and it would be impossible to shoot down every Nuke missile china or Russia launched at US i think the only reason we are building Nuke shield is from Crazy people like umm i dont know his name but that crazy guy from NK he may only have one or two maybe even three missile to launch at US, which could be shot down and that would stop US from needing to launch any nukes which is the best policy, " then we kick NK a$$ for shootin missile at us"

I personally dont view Russia or china as a threat, i feel threatend by guys like NK who would sell nuke to binladen to hide in the US somewhere.

And i think the Rest of the world needs to grow some balls and tell NK no nuke fo you,*Cough*China*cough* cuz do they not realize that if NK sends Nuke to US and it hits US soil that we gonna blow NK off map and that a nuke would greatly affect China and russia, if i were president i would tell them they need to step up and start taking control of some situations, I feel that since china has befriended NK they should give NK some Guidance that the US and only the US has used Nukes or atomic bombs once before and we will more then likely do it again, if need be which would have some effect on china so if china dont want that they better chipin in and help keep the world a better place

[edit on 29-3-2005 by zakattack]

We have even offered Russia multiple chances ever since the 1980's to join us in BMD. Russia and China don't feel threatened by it. In my opinion they are jealous that we have something that they don't.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Proper investigation of the failure will disclose that the Chinese and Russian had to certify some equipment designed to see if the results would be accomplished. The actual test was successful and the project has entered into financial take over of the American made equipment by the Asian governments coming in April 2005.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I think having a missile shield is better tan not having anything even though the missile shield its in its infancy its still good a good foundation for the future. We cant yet protect ourselves against hundreds of nukes but we can protect ourselves against countries that have 1 or 2 nuclear missiles, and for that fact alone the program is worth every penny.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
'our super weapon didn't work, go back to sleep while we centralize our power'......

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by drrdw
Proper investigation of the failure will disclose that the Chinese and Russian had to certify some equipment designed to see if the results would be accomplished. The actual test was successful and the project has entered into financial take over of the American made equipment by the Asian governments coming in April 2005.

Umm what do the Chinese government have to do wityh this ? They were not included in any collaboarion with this missile. Chances are the Russians were developin it to hit China as well.

PS. I have to laugh at people who assumed that just because Russia said they had this missile, that it was going to work. Now I wonder how much money Russia will spend trying to get it to work - an expense they don't need.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   
They don't feel "threatend", they feel that when ever the US makes something interesting, they have to counter it to show them: hey our system can defeat yours!

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
AGa.

It turns out that the test may not be quite the success it was reported at the time. Yuri Solomonov, the General Designer of the Moscow Instinute of Thermal Technology, is reported as saying that the warhead burned up in atmosphere over the Svobodnyy launch site.
Dream On.

[edit on 30-3-2005 by Fenix F 308]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Looks like yanks still don't get it hahahah, the warhead !

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiberianTiger
Looks like yanks still don't get it hahahah, the warhead !

Do you think the warhead had any kind of explosive in it? It did not. The warhead failed and burned up. If it did not fail it would have hit the ground and not burned up.

new topics

top topics

join