It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Lake's Tribal Chief's Son Arrested In Connection To Shootings. (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Today, Floyd "Buck" Jourdain, Tribal Chief of Minnesota's Red Lake Indian reservation has disclosed information that his son has been arrested.
Louis Jourdain, close friend of Jeff Weise is believed to have discussed a mass murder plot with Weise in e-mails just days before the Red Lake shootings.
Jourdain was arrested by FBI agents last Sunday and, according to family members, was charged yesterday with conspiracy in U.S. District Court in Minneapolis.

www.timesonline.co.uk
THE teenage son of Red Lake’s Native American tribal chief has been arrested in connection with the high school shootings in which ten people were killed last week, sending further shockwaves around the impoverished Chippewa reservation in North Minnesota.

Investigators believe that the teenager may have conspired to carry out the bloody attack, the deadliest high school shooting since the Columbine massacre of 1999.

Louis Jourdain was a friend of Jeff Weise, the 16-year-old who shot dead his grandfather, his grandfather’s girlfriend, five students, a teacher and a security guard before turning a gun on himself last Monday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Up until now FBI believed Jeff Weise to be a loner and acted on his own in the shooting of March 21st. Right now authorities refused to say what role Louis Jourdain may have played in the a murders.

Jourdain's father says, " (he is) a good boy with a good heart, who never harmed anyone in his entire life...I know my son, and he is incapable of committing such an act.''

Red Lake High principal Chris Dunshee said that Louis was a pretty good student.
This all seems very strange that he has been arrested when everyone says he is a good guy. I guess we will have to wait to see the content of the sent e-mails.

Related News Links:
www.washingtonpost.com
www.guardian.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.atsnn.com...
NEWS: 10 Dead In Minn. School Rampage Updated
Username Weise here at ATS was Minn. Shooter Killer

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Up until now FBI believed Jeff Weise to be a loner and acted on his own in the shooting of March 21st. Right now authorities refused to say what role Louis Jourdain may have played in the a murders.

What I find odd is that the FBI would all of a sudden find reason to implicate Louis.......wouldn't there be eyewitness accounts to verify Louis's involment? What are/were his alibi's?

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

wouldn't there be eyewitness accounts to verify Louis's involment? What are/were his alibi's?

It's possible that he was connected without actually participating in the event. I have a gut feeling that his computer might have alot to do with this new finding, he obviously liked to spend alot of time on it. Maybe he sent some IM messages or e-mails about what he was going to do. This kid could be arrested for having information and not turning it in, makes him guilty by association. Or maybe he was supposed to be more directly involved but didn't follow through with his part. Or he could be innoncent of any and all charges, who knows? I just thought this was pretty bizarre considering it appeared at first that he just lost it and went on his spree. I'm sure we'll find out eventually.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Do Not Criticize Bush!

Not that the FBI arresting a kid for "conspiracy" based on goofy e-mail banter not at all unlike anything we do here on ATS is a direct result of the "pleas to get more responsive to the Native American community," but it's something.

"From all over the world we are getting letters of condolence, the Red Cross has come, but the so-called Great White Father in Washington hasn't said or done a thing," said Clyde Bellecourt, a Chippewa Indian who is the founder and national director of the American Indian Movement here. "When people's children are murdered and others are in the hospital hanging on to life, he should be the first one to offer his condolences. . . . If this was a white community, I don't think he'd have any problem doing that."

"I hope that he would say something," said Victoria Graves, a cultural educator at Red Lake Elementary School on the reservation. "It's important that there's acknowledgment of the tragedy. It's important he sees the tribes are out here. We need help."

"The fact that Bush preempted his vacation to say something about Ms. Schiavo and here you have 10 native people gunned down and he can't take time to speak is very telling," said David Wilkins, interim chairman of the Department of American Indian Studies at the University of Minnesota and a member of the North Carolina-based Lumbee tribe.

"He has not been real visible in Indian country," said former senator Ben Nighthorse Campbell (R-Colo.). "He's got a lot of irons in the fire, but this is important."

After hearing grumbling from tribal leaders, Jacqueline Johnson, executive director of the National Congress of American Indians, called the White House on Thursday to inquire about Bush's silence. "I wanted to make sure the White House is paying attention to this issue," she said. "I wasn't sure."

At the Red Lake Urban Indian Office here, volunteer Marilyn Westbrook said she was disappointed but not surprised.

"I don't feel he cares about the American Indian people," said Westbrook, as she collected donations of gas cards and money to enable fellow Red Lake members to make the 260-mile journey to the reservation. "Why hasn't he made any statements about what happened with this shooting?"

Over $100 million in cuts are planned in programs specifically assisting native American communities next year.

That involved enough for ya Chief Complains-Too-Much?

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
According to an article I read here
this kid was shouting out Jeff's name without even seeing him.
It's an interesting article.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Not to defend Bush here in any way, he waited waaaay to long to even acknowledge this tragedy, but he did finally address it yesterday in his weekly radio address. Again though, I feel he handled it terribly.

www.kron4.com...

"Chairman Floyd Jourdain Jr. of the Red Lake Band of Chippewa — whom President Bush called last week to express his condolences and pledge federal aid — could not be reached for comment Monday."

latimes.com

mod edit: shortened link with bbcode

[edit on 29-3-2005 by Spectre]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
"Chairman Floyd Jourdain Jr. of the Red Lake Band of Chippewa — whom President Bush called last week to express his condolences and pledge federal aid — could not be reached for comment Monday."

I was wondering if Bush spoke directly to the father of the "accomplice" when he did call to express his concerns.

What an awful week for that guy following the tragedy.

Bush finally calls to express sympathies, then the FBI arrests your son.

Might be some "Presidential" involvement in a pardon now.

new topics

top topics

join