It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am fed up

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 09:38 AM
link   
For years; since the first grade, I have been researching UFOs and related subjects. I am, just now, fed up with the general populace's lack and disdain for what/anything that is really happening or going on around them. They all willingly have and keep their eyes closed! What am I saying? We, or someone, needs to expose the world governments' lies for what they are to open up the eyes of the human race.

[Edited on 17-7-2003 by cassini]

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Wow that's weird. I've been interested in UFOs since first grade too! In fact I can remember the book that got me hooked...A Close Look at Close Encounters. I think.

What I'm getting fed up with is the attitude, among those who do believe UFOs exist, that these craft are just secret government airplanes. They just accept that the secrecy is for out own good and leave it at that. WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 09:58 AM
link   
hey, welcome to the board DarkStalker,

You must understand, not everyone wants to know about UFO's. If aliens arived it would destroy almost every major religion in the world, (with the exception of the Raelians and such).

I am one of those people who believe the UFO conspiracy is just a coverup for the government's secret projects...
If aliens were here on Earth they wouldn't make an alliance with us. If they can travel between the stars, they have no need for humans.
They would either:

a- kill us
b- enslave us
c- take our planet's resources and move on
d- play with humans in their spaceships

The first scenario being the most likely, and the last most unlikely.

Again welcome to the board Dark.

Tassadar

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I am amazed at our certain some people seem to be about the supposed intentions of a supposely advanced race somewhere on the universe.

As it occurred to you, tassalar, that maybe, just maybe, an entire race of individuals grown in a totally different place in the universe may not think like you do, may not have the behaviour patters you atribute to them based on your own human logic concerning something you know absolutely nothing about, aliens' thinking.

Amazing indeed.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Why would an "advance race somewhere in the uninverse" have any use for us?
We haven't even been to the moon for the past 30 years.
Hell, i'm not even that interested in us, humanity is a boring storyline of people destorying themselves because of religious and cultural dissagreements.

Tassadar

ID

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The population as a whole is blind to many thing not just UFOs they do not seem to want to acknowledge anything that cannot be easily explained. The one I am frustrated with is the Mayan end of the world prophecy. This essentially says that our world as we know it will end in 9 years and no one seems to care. They just sit there in their 9 to 5 jobs and come home to watch TV, Like lambs to the slaughter my friends like lambs to the slaughter.

Same thing with Rowel, I believe that if enough people protested that they would be forced to reveal what they are hiding. The other logical thing to do would be to storm the facility, if you have enough people just walk up to it then one of two things would happen. One they would be forced to allow you access (not likely) or two they would kill all of you which would create public outcry and put more pressure on them to reveal whatever they are hiding. Even if they are just government tests the people have a right to know what is going on in the sky above where they live.

"You must understand, not everyone wants to know about UFO's. If aliens arived it would destroy almost every major religion in the world"

I think this would be one of the greatest things that could happen to our planet. I mean sure there would cause panic at first but it would finally set aside what is true and what is not. I do not understand how you can turn a blind eye to the unexplained and just continue on with your life. If you do believe in something why not go further to prove it? Be it to prove the existence of Aliens or to prove the fact that they do not exist I would think people would want to know the truth.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Tassalar, first you said most probably aliens would not have relations with the government because what they really wanted was to kill us probably, now you say they have no interest in us?

WFT? How many times a day do you change your opinion to the oposite side in a subject?

And for the record, I have absolutely no opinion on this whole issue apart from laughting at those who come up with theories like there isn't a possibility of being wrong.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Hmmm, whats that saying: "Eyes wide shut?"

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I mean humans are boring, why would the aliens care about us?
If they don't care about us, they'll leave us alone and "there wouldn't be any relations with humans"
I'm not changing my view.
Dude, Anti, all you ever do is call other people's stuff bs, I think seekerof is right, what are you here for?

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Tassadar, make up your mind, will aliens leave us alone or kill/enslave us?

What am I here for? I guess I am here because I like the whole theme of this website and message board, conspiracy theories, maybe that is a reason?
Also I have a lot of free time

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   
LOL, alright.

I think they'd leave us alone. That's my opinion, not the aliens.
Then my second geuss if they did interfere/interact (whichever word you believe is more correct) is they would kill us.

Repeating My postition on this topic:
I think they'd leave us alone.

Tassadar

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStalker
For years; since the first grade, I have been researching UFOs and related subjects. I am, just now, fed up with the general populace's lack and disdain for what/anything that is really happening or going on around them. They all willingly have and keep their eyes closed! What am I saying? We, or someone, needs to expose the world governments' lies for what they are to open up the eyes of the human race.

[Edited on 17-7-2003 by cassini]
I know your feeling im fed up with all the people around me that i know accusing me of being an anarchist. Which im not i just think our governement is full of lies and isolates our current technology and not to mention our government is a puppet to a shadow gov't that is know as the nwo. Peolpe these days will never wake up, they are distract on dumd reality shows and never knowing what goes around thier little world

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tassadar
hey, welcome to the board DarkStalker,

You must understand, not everyone wants to know about UFO's. If aliens arived it would destroy almost every major religion in the world, (with the exception of the Raelians and such).

I am one of those people who believe the UFO conspiracy is just a coverup for the government's secret projects...
If aliens were here on Earth they wouldn't make an alliance with us. If they can travel between the stars, they have no need for humans.
They would either:

a- kill us
b- enslave us
c- take our planet's resources and move on
d- play with humans in their spaceships

The first scenario being the most likely, and the last most unlikely.

Again welcome to the board Dark.

Tassadar
I am also down with the fact the alien conspiracy is a cover up during the cold war(most strongly) but i do believe thier is life out there that we haven't contact since it's nearly impossible( no E.T has answered us back yet)
So we just sit down and wait

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The general public is put-off of the UFO subject, often, by UFO researchers and proponents themselves. Less-than well thought out books, juvenile websites, and corny movies -- made, often, by those who claim to be UFO experts -- have drawn the public away from a lot of serious, but less than sensational, research.

Large segments of the public, polling data shows, is interested in UFOs or believe that they actually are from another planet... however, when these people sit down to read up on UFOs, they are often turned-off of the subject by the likes of gawdy websites that claim to know everything Krlll had for breakfast on may 12, 1974

Also, the UFO community failed to really make use of the UFO boom that occured in the 90s. As the subject became 'discussable' in the wake of the X-Files and radio shows like art bell, it also expanded in such a way that a lot of crackpots and hoaxers were able to push their particular tales on the unwitting public. The interent only magnified this problem... as the web soon became filled with glurge that blotted out case histories involving real abductees and UFO witnesses.

Like I've said in another post, a problem the UFO community has nowadays is an active element that is unversed in well-documented historical sightings and is, too be frank, unwilling to learn about them. Basically, the UFO community needs some educational discipline.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Come on guys, you got to see this from a political point of view.

Alien Race is exactly like the US, seems friendly enough to its own people but in actuality its more like a totalitarian gov't. The Aliens will make you think that you have control of something when you really never had any to begin with.

Only the Wisest can disern the truth after examening the themselves, not the enemy.

Just Imagine the US as the controller of the entire world, and BAM!!!!, you got your alien species.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 07:12 PM
link   
If you want to help make an effort to find out whats really going on you should join Veritas.

We are searching for the truth and we need help.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I think there is a danger of some of the younger members confusing fact with fantasy and television. Just because there are TV programs about it does not make it real.

I read about people talking here of 'Stargate' for example as if its a real thing, and not just a crappy, badly acted and weak plotted TV program.

What you need if you want to "reveal the truth" is a healthy dose of scepticism, the rule of thumb is 90% of pics on the net are fake for a start. Try and find out what is REAL and not a product of cultural paranoia, or the wish fulfillment of alienated teenagers, or stories of money making media junkies.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 07:19 PM
link   

What you need if you want to "reveal the truth" is a healthy dose of scepticism, the rule of thumb is 90% of pics on the net are fake for a start. Try and find out what is REAL and not a product of cultural paranoia, or the wish fulfillment of alienated teenagers, or stories of money making media junkies.

Actually, If you ever expect to find the truth, Go out into the deserts or go Researching in the real world, use the internet only as a guide to where you need to be, not as your bible of truth and false.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Hmmm, whats that saying: "Eyes wide shut?"

regards
seekerof

Let that not be your philosophy of life, Seekerof.

I like Netchicken's philosophy of healthy skepticism.

And I also believe in the worth of Kipling's six faithful serving men. The power of the incisive question is enormous.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 07:23 PM
link   
AMEN NetChicken,

I'm beginning to think that the "Et" section of the main page should be updated with some articles about UFOs/Aliens that have documentable pedigrees/histories. It seems like the main page (and this board) has too much stuff that originated with the Aviary type frauds from the late 80s and not enough 'hard' UFO information. Maybe a catalogue of famous sightings would be nice... I'd be glad to write such a thing if that was OK with the mods/admins.

Jim

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join