It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

will this be effective for detecting "life after death"???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
ok...

lets say there is a person in a hospital bed lying there waiting to die...

in the room, there are many "instruments" that can detect electricity, heat, radiation and all the things that "ghost hunters" use...

when the person finally dies, these instruments COULD pick up anything that will help the "life after death" question being answered...

so...

who is willing to help put these "instruments" into a hospital bed

do you think this idea will work???

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The various measurments taken by "ghost hunters" are of natural real world events. They then just guess/assume/make-up that these have anything to do with ghost or an afterlife.

When a body shuts down it releases gas, heat, chemicals, electric currents all which can and have been detected. All you would be doing is adding a person who would them say "Its because of ghost!".

If you need a volunteer I'll show up and claim the readings are made by invisible, evil, death gnomes.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quest
The various measurments taken by "ghost hunters" are of natural real world events. They then just guess/assume/make-up that these have anything to do with ghost or an afterlife.

When a body shuts down it releases gas, heat, chemicals, electric currents all which can and have been detected. All you would be doing is adding a person who would them say "Its because of ghost!".

If you need a volunteer I'll show up and claim the readings are made by invisible, evil, death gnomes.

this is true...

i will call you if i need you...

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It's been done, actually, though it was done some time ago (1920's, if memory serves.) Results were inconclusive, though one set of researchers found that the body weighed 13 grams or so less after death.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
It was done by a Dr. Duncan MacDougall in 1907 But Byrd may be correct and it was done again in the "20s" Byrd is the smartest on these boards as far as all around knowledge of most everything!

www.snopes.com...

[edit on 3/29/2005 by LadyV]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
It's been done, actually, though it was done some time ago (1920's, if memory serves.) Results were inconclusive, though one set of researchers found that the body weighed 13 grams or so less after death.

That's really what I was gonna say. Everything else detected is simply just fluctuations, differences, activity flaring and unflaring, etc. That is, I'm pretty sure, simply an anomaly, although I'm not at all familiar with the experiment.

In all probability, of course, ghosts shouldn't radiate. If they did, we'd already see them. En masse. There are, after all, a lot of dead people.

new topics

top topics

join