It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metaphor for America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I have a quick and simple request, please make up a metaphor for america. Also if you could explain that metaphor, that would help aswell.

This is for a school assignment, and I thought I would get some ATS members in on it. Also, I need to show images of what our culture is, what our culture isn't, and it's history, so if you have any links to that sort of thing that would be helpfull aswell.

What I'm going to do is create a mobile, with all of your metaphors hanging from one large shape (havn't thought of the shape yet, perhaps a star?) and then on one star put things like war pictures, perhaps a roman helmet, things that symbolize what america currently is. Then on the other side, pictures of our history and perhaps pictures of what the future could be.

Anyways thanks for the help ATS!

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The Light and The sheep
A lateren is put on the porch of an unknown wealthy man, while a poor peasent across the street uses a small candle trying to bring his sheep home to where they'll be safe and warm. While the wealthy man plans to kill and skin them and serve them back to themsleves in their food & as food for his already gluttenous family.

The poor man + candle: Truth and the protection the middle and lower classes has together, as well as their "normal" morality.

The Wealthy man and the latern on his house are just an illusion to bring the sheep to him by "Truth", he may not care for them and uses them against themsleves b/c they don't know better.

[edit on 3/29/05 by BSB2005]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
A big dirty smelly sponge.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CiderGood_HeadacheBad
A big dirty smelly sponge.

What do you meen by this? Please explain your metaphor.

PS: BSB2005, that's exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I just wanted to help, I just graduated from high school(last summer), and now I'm a "forced"(family/fiscal issues) college dropout, but dammit, I love to study here or anywhere for that matter. So good luck!

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
A vast existence in which you are what you make yourself.

=]

You can be anything in America, however they will not come without hard work.

-wD

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
America is like a police officer.......

Everyone hates us......

But the world needs us.....

People cry when they're pulled over......

But that speeding could have been a serious accident waiting to happen.....

Some cops are corrupt, but more in other countries

Sometimes cops go down, and need back up....

so 50 more show up

and if that's not enough, send 50 more

Hope this helps...kinda cheesy but It was on the spot

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
wait a second here now, this is for school so youre going to get marks on it right? i dont think its really ethical for the members of ATS to do you schoolwork for you!

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I don't want to into trouble here and neither do other members, so please just use them to help. I'm sure your more creative than you think.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer
wait a second here now, this is for school so youre going to get marks on it right? i dont think its really ethical for the members of ATS to do you schoolwork for you!

Nono sorry, I should have said this, the assignment is to talk to 6 people and get a metaphor of america from them. So I do need your help, your not doing anything for me. So thanks for all the help! I just need a few more.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
America is the bad guy from the movie shane, who throws a gun at the shepards feet. He tells the shepard to pick up the gun to defend himself, but the shepard knows that he will be shot. All the poor shepard wants to do is go home, but the bad guy insists that the shepard pick up the gun. Slowly, carefully the shepard reaches for the gun..... BANG!!!!!

The bad guy says to witnesses, "you all saw him, he had a gun"

edit: Explaination: bady guy is America, Shepard is the middle east.

[edit on 29-3-2005 by Halfofone]

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Can anyone else think of a metaphor? I just need two more, and like I said, this is what my teacher asked me to do, you're not helping me with my homework in the traditional sense.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
A dog and a cat fighting for food in a trashcan. The dog- America' s military, wealth, etc., the cat- the equivalent of the rest of the world's "Super powers". The food in a trashcan- the "average and lower classes" minds, hearts, wills, and freedom to their respective countries.

top topics

join