It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No "NEWSIES" THIS SUMMER?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Hi guys, you know me. BSB, ATS, and like many others here I LOVE to watch "Newsies" on Disney, almost every June; when they air it. Anyway, I was going through some old (1998/99/2000)VHS tapes of mine, and found I taped on one b4 they seemed to stop showing it. I'm wondering if (1) they are censoring it b/c(it gets high ratings) teens, young adults, tweens, and even young kids will consider rebelling, (2) Ppl have stopped watching it, or (3) They moved it to another channel or will?

Also, I have the 2 most famous songs from that movie "Sieze The Day" &"The World will Know" on a few CD-R's.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Interesting, is the movie, in your opinion subversive? I've avoided renting it, but if you think it has a good "Stand up for your rights, expose corruption" message, then I will definately run out and check it out. Its available on DVD.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I think that would be a good move by both the NWO and the current Prez. Adminstration in D.C. Simply b/c "kids" are never taught better. So I advice you rent ASAP. At the very least, just to see the message and hear Kirk Cameron sing(the older/mid child on 'Growing Pains'). Not to mention, both the "groups" I mention have "control" of the media and networks, so why not?

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I love Newsies! I have a copy of it at home (should have brought it to school with me). I haven't noticed that they stopped showing it, though. I can slightly understand them not wanting to show it. People today are so quick to control kids and teens, and there was a recent study out the other day saying that kids weren't doing as much "stupid stuff." Kids today (and I might be considered one still) really just want to keep the status quo, and that bothers me. So few want to change the world, and that bothers me.

As for not showing Newsies due to low ratings, I doubt it. I know too many people who love it!

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I'm a natural born "histrory buff". And I'm just like my grandmother that I pick up on stupid little things both on TV and in the real world. But I think, I know why they would be scared. I mean c'mon, they (ticked him off somehow and) got Nick Carter implying rebellion on his solo record. Nick Carter as in the youngest Backstreet Boy, as in a boy group Backstreet Boy. And when your in High School, ppl look at you funny like ' why would you think it would be a good idea to "change" the "system" ?'. But I think part of it was growing up in a somewhat local affluent family, with a mom that didn't care as long as I spoke up and asked lots of questions. Plus, it seems like my generation was the last to "go play outside". It's scarey.

[edit on 4/2/05 by BSB2005]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Well I dropped by blockbuster, and scanned the isle where Newsies has been month after month for three years that the store has been open and....it was gone, not rented, but vanished!

Anyone own a copy of this thing? Was it made by Miramax by any chance? They finally split from Disney so maybe there is a change of distribution rights or something.

I did spot Newsies in the for sale section just as I was walking out.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
If there "Cenorsoring" the "NEWSIES", we know something at Disney is totally going down. There has to be some reason for doing this. B/c on TV, that movie is "Children's" gold. It just worries me, the "whoever/nwo/etc." obviously has an agenda that they DON'T want children to learn how to THINK for themsleves anymore. It's depressing.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Well you know Disney never wants children to think for themselves. That is why my daughter is not encouraged to watch Disney films/tv (aside from TRON), they have nothing of value in them and only encourage this "buy disney logo/character emblazened crapola" syndrome so many people still suffer as adults.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
True, in most of their movies "Cinderella", " Toy Story", etc., this is one of their biography-type movies, so that's why it's truely an exception, especially with some parents these days.

top topics

join