It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's It Gonna Be USA?: Empire or Republic

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_oleneo
Uh, Pres. Bush stays out of that. He lets his brother handled the matter in Florida. He didn't enacted any executive order to save Terri.

Say whaaaat? Dubya couldn't tear himself away from the ranch after receiving that damning PDF warning about OBL and some big impending attack on the U.S.; yet, he cut his trip to Crawford short to fly back and sign Terri's law. What are you, a victim of the mainstream media?

Unlike Clinton who did enacted an executive order per requested by the Attorney General Janet Reno to get the Feds grab Elian Gonzalez out of that family home in the late 90s and returned him to Cuba.

Actually Jebbie did have his goon squad en route to snatch Terri Shiavo from her hospice. They were going to take her to Jeb where he would be her guardian. The local sherriff told his men not to let 'em in, whatever happened. He speculated on whether or not they could hold off the National Guard if it came to that. The man wasn't gonna budge (hellyeah). When Jebbie caught wind of that, he called the goons off. The last thing he needed was a law enforcement showdown.

Clinton was a far more dictatorial President than Bush.

I'd say they're pretty much neck and neck. Clinton just put a smiling, aw shucks face on it.

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
ECK, something to look into, in a loosely related topic, is Peak Oil production.

Yeah, I've actually written on that out here in the real world. I would encourage anyone seeing this suggestion to look into it.

My belief is that we actually seized Iraq to keep our boot on the neck of OPEC (to keep them from switching their oil currency to the Euro). That would be our death knell.

ECK, I am in agreement with you, that the U.S. will not allow the dollar not be the oil currency.

Why don't you do a large piece on it here, maybe in current events? At least for starters, huh?

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The issue of Peak oil is all too real. It affects each and every one of us. Altho experts disagree on when we will reach peak oil, the fact is, we will. We may already have. We as a nation are not prepared for this. Anyone who is interested in this issue should visit my thread and get in on this discussion:
The end of the world as we know it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Despite where you are in the political spectrum, we are all in this together. And there is no other issue today that is more urgent to our national security. If we don't address it now, life as we've known it will cease to exist - far sooner than it has to.

Thanks go to Thomas Crown for recognizing the importance of this issue and moving to start its own forum.

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Say whaaaat? Dubya couldn't tear himself away from the ranch after receiving that damning PDF warning about OBL and some big impending attack on the U.S.; yet, he cut his trip to Crawford short to fly back and sign Terri's law. What are you, a victim of the mainstream media?

Put on and pressured by the US Congress' Republicans and pro-life Democrats. Bush gave in but it is NOT an executive order. What are you, a victim of propaganda?

Actually Jebbie did have his goon squad en route to snatch Terri Shiavo from her hospice. They were going to take her to Jeb where he would be her guardian. The local sherriff told his men not to let 'em in, whatever happened. He speculated on whether or not they could hold off the National Guard if it came to that. The man wasn't gonna budge (hellyeah). When Jebbie caught wind of that, he called the goons off. The last thing he needed was a law enforcement showdown.

Of course, that did happened. As long as the feds stay out of the state's affairs. When Clinton was in office, he let the feds intervened in the states' affairs by executive orders.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join