It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone willing to help me start?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Hi Folks.

Not sure this is the correct place for this post, but I figured that I might as well try here to contact the folks in the know.

I have been rolling around on ATS for some time, reading and posting here and there, but not really doing anything useful. I find myself becoming very interested in ancient civilizations and the possibilities.

I have been out on the web looking around, but there is a confusing amount of material out there ranging from scientific to aliens from the planet munimula and their secret, mystical crystal doodads.

Many years ago, I read a book called "Morning of the Magicians", thought that was really interesting. And so, I guess I am asking for assistance or suggestions to get started in reading with a possible eye toward investigating ancient culture and possible civilizations.

Any pointers or pointed questions that will help me get going in an intelligent fashion would be most greatly appreciated, and gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Read books on archaeological techniques and the study of archaeology, along with possibly subscribing to an archaeological journal that covers a subject interesting to you. Barring subscribing, you can also get most journals from a library, and if they don't have it, they'll easily do an 'inter-library loan' for any title you want.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
A somewhat tongue-in-cheek but pretty good guide to "are they full of hot air" is: www.catchpenny.org...

Join a few groups on Yahoo, as well. I recommend "Explorator" and "Amun" (found out some great stuff) as well as "paleoanthropology."

I'll have to find a list of good websites, but Catchpenny's is always good for the good stuff on Egypt. www.catchpenny.org...

Some neat stuff that I bet you never imagined the Greeks invented:
www.mlahanas.de...

Buncha Native American links:
falcon.jmu.edu...

Excellent Native American histories:
www.tolatsga.org...

...and of course dear old Wikipedia!! You can spend years browsing it!

[edit on 29-3-2005 by Byrd]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Try here for Atlantis...

www.geocities.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Thank you very much for the leg up gang. I will be hitting this stuff most assiduously on thie morrow ... er ... I'll be hitting it hard in the morning.

Thanks again.

Dan

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The Ren Fest is in town, isn't it?

(Is here too...)

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I would recommend you start by reading this book.

Fingerprints of the Gods...very insightful.

top topics

join