It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel home to world's largest oil field? OPEC doomed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   

IRVING, TX. -- A $30 million, six-to-eight-month project to uncover the world's largest oil field atop a salt dome at the southwest end of Israel's Dead Sea, is expected to begin in early 1999, according to respected Texas oil man, Harold "Hayseed" Stephens.

Until now, Israel's Islamic enemies have possessed nearly 75 per cent of the world's oil reserves with Israel's supply only a fraction of that. It's reported that Islamic nations such as Saudi Arabia, all sworn enemies of the tiny Jewish state, have trillions of barrels while Israel has only enough oil to supply itself for about one and a half days and depends on other countries for the remainder."

www.geocities.com...

This find as indicated by this companies website and related artilces on various industry journals indicates that in fact Israel may be sitting on the world largest oil reserves, thus rendering OPEC current tyranical power Impudent.

""On March 24, 2005, Zion's drilling contractor continued erecting the substructure of the drilling rig in preparation for the re-entry and drilling of the Ma'anit #1 well to a depth of 4,000 to 5,000 meters (13,100 to 16,400 feet). We expect the rig to be ready to commence drilling (spud) the well during the first week of April 2005, and we have provided the proper pre-drilling notification to the Israeli Petroleum Commissioner. The photo above shows the latest activity. The photo below shows Zion's president, director of marketing/investor & public relations, and executive vice-president at the Ma'anit #1 location in November 2004. "

Do you think Iran and other Islamic Oil rich countries are going to let this happen?

[edit on 29-3-2005 by DrHoracid]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Major excellent!
Can you see OPEC having cow because
Israel isn't invited to the meetings ... and then Israel decides it's
own price per barrel???

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
That news article is seven years old, and nothing seems to have happened in the interim.

Also, Ness Energy seems to have gone out of business.

Too bad; it would've been great if our investment in Israel could pay off in cheap oil again.

[edit on 29-3-2005 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The link a little bias?

Can someone besides Doc H answer this for me? Does Israel call them selves ZIONIST?

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
Also, Ness Energy seems to have gone out of business.
[edit on 29-3-2005 by Off_The_Street]

No, they're very much "alive", on the OTCBB: finance.yahoo.com... This makes them potentially a great momentum play, because that's about all you get out of the OTCBB these days.

The corporate history is here and makes for very good reading...

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I guess I will answer myself. I am ignorant when it came to the word Zion.

I just did a little research.

It has three real meanings.

1 Its a utopia(sp)
2 being devoted to god
3 A jewish movement

So yes they would.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Can someone besides Doc H answer this for me? Does Israel call them selves ZIONIST?

I'm sure a lot of Israelis consider themselves zionists. They initially pushed for the establishment of a Jewish state in Palestine and now support the existence of Israel.

I agree with Off_The_Street that it's too bad if this turned out fruitless. Whatever would we do...

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Hey you never know, Castro is claiming oil in the Caribbean and already have some oil companies to finance the drilling.

So you never know, what may happen, but I don't see Mobil, Texaco and chevron running to Israel to start drilling.

I found this quote from Titian's link interesting, I wonder if Israel has oil how willing they will be for a take over.

Under the guidance of President Sha Stephens, since coming into office in May, 2003, we have accomplished many business pursuits including: acquiring various exploration interests in Texas and building supportive infrastructure to assist us, acquiring Israeli oil and gas exploration rights from Israeli companies, establishing good relations with Wall Street which includes use of offices at a Wall Street firm while in New York, changing accountants to a large North Eastern auditing firm, restructuring our corporate offices into a more modern mode including new computers, and starting numerous negotiations with various persons and firms here and in Israel involving potential capital and asset transactions.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I read something about this a while ago--the oil is very deep and there have been several attempts to get at it since the mid-90's. Ness is not out of business, but they have burned through their initial $30 million, which isn't a lot considering this project. "Hayseed" Stephens died and they seem to be looking for more funds to complete the project--not promising for it's completion.

I think that there are an estimated 75-100 million barrels--hardly enough to put OPEC out of business. It is unknown how much of this is commercially exploitable--and even if the oil will every be recovered considering the state of the company.

However, there have been some other large discoveries in Israel recently--and it is estimated that all of Israels reserves could total up to 5 billion barrels. The problem is that a lot of it is unrecoverable--and it will be a very costly and time-consuming process to recover the smaller portion that is commercially viable.

Because of this, Israel will continue to remain dependent on foreign resources. This is why none of the major multinational oil companies--that are sitting on billions of dollars in cash reserves and would invest in viable exploration projects--are not investing in Israel (or anywhere else for that matter--which signals a much bigger problem...)

www.eia.doe.gov...
www.gasandoil.com...
www.spe.org...

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Ahem.. those fields look like they are in Palestinian territories? Not that it matters to the Israeli.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Do you think Iran and other Islamic Oil rich countries are going to let this happen?

Do you think they'd be able to stop it if it were true?

History would indicate otherwise, especially with US involvement...

Old article though, as mentioned...so why nothing new on it?

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
It is extremely difficult & very expensive to retrieve oil that deep. 5000-6000m is a long way down. It also depends on how thick the crude is. Heavy sludge isn't even cost effective at 50 dollars a barrell in Saskatchewan Canada at 2500m deep where the infastructure is already set up let alone 6000m deep in Israel.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Does Israel call them selves ZIONIST?

The company is called 'zion oil' or somesuch.

Zion/sion is the name for the promised land. So zio oil co is an appropriate name for a company that taps oil fields in israel, however it looks like it was all a bunch of hooey anyway.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Does Israel call them selves ZIONIST?

The company is called 'zion oil' or somesuch.

Zion/sion is the name for the promised land. So zio oil co is an appropriate name for a company that taps oil fields in israel, however it looks like it was all a bunch of hooey anyway.

Thanks! You must have not goten to my next post. LOL

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Do you think they'd be able to stop it if it were true?

History would indicate otherwise, especially with US involvement...

Old article though, as mentioned...so why nothing new on it?

I included an update.

""On March 24, 2005, Zion's drilling contractor continued erecting the substructure of the drilling rig in preparation for the re-entry and drilling of the Ma'anit #1 well to a depth of 4,000 to 5,000 meters (13,100 to 16,400 feet). We expect the rig to be ready to commence drilling (spud) the well during the first week of April 2005, and we have provided the proper pre-drilling notification to the Israeli Petroleum Commissioner. The photo above shows the latest activity. The photo below shows Zion's president, director of marketing/investor & public relations, and executive vice-president at the Ma'anit #1 location in November 2004. "

Zion Oil website

www.zionoil.org...

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I included an update.

Excellent! Thank you.

Sorry if I don't shed a tear for OPEC....

top topics

join