It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time-space and the universe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Is time and space within our universe, or is our universe within time and space?
Let me explain what I am asking. If we consider the theory of parallel universes, and the theory of duality (everything coming in pairs- thing and antithing), it would be logical to conclude that there is an anti-universe for our universe. Is this anti-universe within the same time-space as our universe, or does it have its own "antitime-antispace"? Or, is "Universe" itself a concept that is used to define time-space?

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Firstly let me clarify something..

The so called Time-Space term coined by Einstein for describing our universe is in fact a rather misleading term...

You see Time is only our concept of change.

If nothing changes there is no frame to measure time...

The universe as you or I see it is in three distinct states... Past / Present / Future...

But in true reality there is only Now.... why do we remember past events and not future events??

The reason is that the past doesn't exist it is only our memory of the configuration of matter of the universe...

Let me try and explain...

The universe is a sea of virtual particles popping in and out of existence all the time... They are neither real or not real they are just the unlimited possibilities of the universe...

For example. you are made of matter and matter is made of smaller and smaller particles that have just as much chance of existing in you as they do in the centre of a star billions of light years away...

What we see as time is only the change in the universes configuration of its matter.

Sounds complicated but it's really not...

In answer to your question about an Anti-universe... well M-Theory (look it up under string and super string theory) suggests that there are multiple dimensions within our reality, some are space dimensions that we cannot perceive or realise. so it is possible that an ANTI-Universe can exist within these other spatial dimensions...

However.... M Theory also suggests that our universe could be part of a much larger universe that is made up of other universes and we are only a small bubble in an ocean of possibilities....

Personally I like to think that we are all in control of our own reality. That is we can realise our potential we could actually physically shape our own reality.... But that's talking Metaphysics and nothing can be proven there except for the capacity for man's creative thoughts

Anyway.. I'm going to creatively seek my lunch now...

NeoN HaZe...

[edit on 29-3-2005 by Neon Haze]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   
there are an infinite number of universes stacked upon each other, and the time distortion effect of each universe cancels each other out. like when you enter a black hole time slows down infinitly, then im assuming once passed through the demensional-worm hole it resumes again.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sturod84
there are an infinite number of universes stacked upon each other, and the time distortion effect of each universe cancels each other out. like when you enter a black hole time slows down infinitly, then im assuming once passed through the demensional-worm hole it resumes again.

Time Distortion effect???

huh?

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by sturod84

but that won't work at all. If time has slowed down infinitely for you, then it will take you infinite time to pass through a worm hole- you'll never get out.

But I think I understand what you are talking about universes "stacked on" each other.
Say that 1st there was nothing. Nothing split into thing and anti-thing. Both thing and anti-thing went on to cause an entire chain of effects, eventually leading to "universes" stacked on each other. Since these universes are essentially universe and anti-universe, if they are connected, they will cancel out.
However, I also don't understand how time distorts when (if you can) move from one universe to another. Either time is universal (or in this case multi-versal) or it is specific for each universe. I was basically asking which it could be.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
if it can slow down infitily then it can speed up infinitly! with multiple-demensions/universe there are multiple variations on the time wave length. so in one universe it slows infinitly, the other it will resume infinitly.

new topics

top topics

join