It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IS there a single truth?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Excuse me for not taking specific sides here, this a general arguement against ALL sides. A chance for me to explain my views and tell me what YOU think.

You ask a Christian why Christianity is the true religion. You will get a bunch of arguements, that attempt to use some sort of logic to prove God. At the end, they finally realise that God isn't provable, and they tell you that it is a matter of faith, and that they know christianity is true because they accepted the holy spirit, and God told them so.
If you ask what "accepting the holy spirit" is, you get various answers that basically mean "life changing religious experience- uplifting spiritually, feeling of peace, etc". When you tell them that you had the same experience in your own religion, the christian would say that "no, you didn't, you don't understand the holy spirit".
If you say that God talked to you as well, a Christian will probably accuse you of associating with demons or being lead by Satan or such.

A hindu will tell you that their religion is true because it is (and I may be talking out of my a$$ here, I am not too sure) the "most scientific and/or mathematical religion". How does that make it true? According to that, science/math is ultimate. That would leave little place for spirituallity. Since Hinduism is itself very big on spirituallity, that automatically negates that arguement.
Then there is re-incarnation. How is it even possible? If one believes that when someone dies, they are born again as something else, that would assume that all life on earth is constant. THAT is wrong. Life on earth is increasing. Where are all these "new spirits" coming from? What are THEY re-incarnated from?
Aside from that, I don't see how re-incarnation could work as a punishment/reward. If you do bad in this life, you turn up later, lets say, as a tree. How are you supposed to perform any actions, that could decide what you would do in you next life. Animals don't really have a code of ethics. They do whatever they need to survive. A tiger isn't evil for killing a human.

Then there is the whole "spiritual" thing. I don't even see how you can make an entire religion out of only being "spiritual". "I know I am doing OK, because I am one with God", or "I am one with myself". Nonsense! I (and I am not kidding here), decided one afternoon to sit infront of a tomato plant, and concentrate on it. In the end I could feel myself being plump, red and juicy, the water and nutrients "flowing" through to me, the "freshness" of it all. None of this means that the tomato is the "ultimate reality".

I don't however, agree with the athiest view either. There has to be SOMETHING at the end of the huge pyramid of cause and effect. Something that started the effect, but was not caused, perhaps something that was not connected to the chain at all, but started it from outside. You can't say the universe always was, either. There are multiple universes being created all the time. each decision made could create a new one.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 06:00 AM
link   
oneness is the single truth... You are everything and everything is you.

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   
"Great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh" (I Tim. 3 16):

God is Spirit (John 4:24);
living (Jer. 10:10;
I Thess. 1:9); self-existent, that is, dependent on no one, and having received life from Himself — He is (Ex. 3:14; I John 2:13); everlasting (Ps. 90:2; Ex. 40:28); unchanging (James 1:17; Mala. 3:6; Ps. 102:27); omnipresent (Ps. 139:7-12; Acts 17:27); omniscient (I John 3:29, Heb. 4:13); omnipotent (Gen. 17:1; Luke 1:37; Ps. 32:9); all good (Matt. 19:17, Ps. 24:8); wise (Ps. 104:24; Rom. 14:26; I Tim. 1:17); righteous (Ps. 7:12; Ps. 10:7; II Rom. 6:11); self-sufficient (Acts 17:25); all blessed (I Tim. 6:15).

St. John the Evangelist calls the Only-begotten Son of God, Jesus Christ, the Word.
In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God (John 1:1).
The designation of the second Person of the Holy Trinity as the Son of God was revealed from on high to the Apostle John (Rev. 19:11,13), though in part it was known in the Old Testament in a hidden way (Ps. 32:6; 18:15).

The words "under Pontius Pilate" point out the true historical event of the suffering of Christ, which occurred at this specific time.
During the hours of Christ’s suffering on the Cross,
there was darkness over all the earth (Luke 23:44), states the Evangelist. Early historical writings of the Roman astronomer Phlegontus, Thaddeus, and Julius Africanus note this darkness.

One of these exclaimed, "One of the gods has died!
" A well-known philosopher from Athens, Dionysius the Areopagite, was at that time in the city of Heliopolis, in Egypt. Observing the sudden darkness, he said,..".either the Creator is suffering, or the world is coming to an end."
Afterwards, after the preaching of the Apostle Paul, Dionysius accepted Christianity and became the first bishop of Athens.

The Cross of Christ is a divine weapon to drive away every enemy and adversary (I Cor. 1:18:Luke 1:71-74; Matt. 22:44).

The Cross of Christ is the beginning and ending of our salvation (Cf. John 3:16-17, 36).

Christ predicted His Resurrection (Mt. 16:21; 20:19; Mark 9:9).
After the Resurrection He testified about the event (Luke 24:46).
He appeared in visible form:
more below ........

www.orthodoxphotos.com...

Out of all the major religions none have claimed to be the true God.....

The Creed....I believe in one God,Father almighty,maker of Heaven and earth.......etc.......

So YES there is a single truth.......

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   
and now put both of the above posts together, and you have GOD=ONENESS

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Yo helen........

One truth, one way, one path, one true faith. Jesus and Jesus alone can speak to the father for us..........

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku

Or God=Oneness=Threeness, which is just more confusing.

Yes helen, I also believe in one God, Father almighty, etc., I just don't believe (as the good dr does), that Jesus alone can speak to God for us (i.e. that Jesus is the only truth). I also don't understand why God needs to be separated into three (and then back into one) to be comprehendable. Also, are you saying that the "Word" came before God? See, if God came 1st, God would have to create the "Word" and the "Son". That would automatically make God greater than either. If all were together, then you would be worshipping 3 separate Gods, which I am sure you are not.
Also, have any of the "powers of the cross" been proven? It was the device that killed Jesus. I don't understand how it came to be considered anything more than a vile device of death.

Neon, that is a very solipsistic (I hope I said that right) way of thinking. Although I am sure both you and me can "connect", we are still both very separate individuals. Unless of course, you are talking physics, and how we are all as mass bodies "effecting" each other

[edit on 29-3-2005 by babloyi]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi

Neon, that is a very solipsistic (I hope I said that right) way of thinking. Although I am sure both you and me can "connect", we are still both very separate individuals. Unless of course, you are talking physics, and how we are all as mass bodies "effecting" each other

[edit on 29-3-2005 by babloyi]

Hehehe LoL...

We are more the same person than you realise. We are all of God's spirit and that is why when we sin we are in truth literally going against Gods will.

That is how God can talk to us and we can talk to him because we are all part of God and God is part of us.... See what I mean when I say Oneness?

That is also where I think the term GOD is love comes from... that is why you have to be able to Love yourself (I don't mean that in a self servant way) as well as others.

Its funny because most of us loose our way and stop really believing... which is strange cause God is in us all always....

But then all you have to do is talk to God and ask Christ to come to you and you will feel it and know it's the truth..

That's my experience of it anyway...

all the best,

NeoN HaZe...

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Of course there is one truth.

It is... Drumroll please

There is never one truth!

Hope that helps

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Greetings friend! I think it only fair to answer any questions I can about what I believe since you did such an excellent job on the thread explaining your faith. I have some questions first to see where you're at specifically on the subjects.

Would you agree to disagree that God works in different ways?

Yes helen, I also believe in one God, Father almighty, etc., I just don't believe (as the good dr does), that Jesus alone can speak to God for us (i.e. that Jesus is the only truth).

Did Jesus speak truth?

I also don't understand why God needs to be separated into three (and then back into one) to be comprehendable.

Your computer, is it one part or more than one part? I'll try to explain why after the answer.

Also, are you saying that the "Word" came before God? See, if God came 1st, God would have to create the "Word" and the "Son". That would automatically make God greater than either.

*nods* He is. Jesus himself acknowledges this many times.

If all were together, then you would be worshipping 3 separate Gods, which I am sure you are not.

One step at a time per above.

Also, have any of the "powers of the cross" been proven? It was the device that killed Jesus. I don't understand how it came to be considered anything more than a vile device of death.

The cross itself has no powers, so you're right. It's a phrase meaning the sacrifice Jesus gave. Some wear a crucifix to remind people of the sacrifice, some wear and empty cross to show that he is risen, overcoming sin and death. The "power" was in the event, not a magical incantation to charm the object.

You'd said you speak to the same God just as any Christian does? Pardon if I didn't understand the statement in your initial post.

[edit on 29-3-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
to me , the wonder is not in association directly with god, but with what he created . all the planets and stars , all the creatures on this earth , all the beauty and ugliness , did not spontaneously appear - although that appeals to evolutionary scientists - these things were created , and when facing that fact , you must wonder : what is this supreme being ? how can it plan all the things in the universe , and keep it all in a delicate balance? how can man be so ignorant that he denies the existance of this being ?

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The only Absolute Truth is that which is not untrue in any situation. Thus One is the only real number that exists (or rather does not exist) unto itself. It is our conceptions/perspectives of One that are untrue, the illusion we believe is reality.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Hey Saint,

Originally posted by saint4God

Isn't the saying "God works in mysterious ways"? Different works too, but that would mean that while you worship God through Jesus, I worship God directly. That comes back to the original question. Is there a single truth? Is what we are both doing "truth"?

Did Jesus speak truth?

I am sure he did. It's just that I am not so sure that the guys who barely knew him, and who wrote about him years after he was gone were speaking the truth.

Your computer, is it one part or more than one part? I'll try to explain why after the answer.

I don't believe that God needs to "divide" to be more easily understood. See, my concept of God would be along the lines of a "Divine ONE". Separating that into three (even if it is still one) doesn't work right, because the UNITY and ONENESS is then gone. It is easier to realise God as one. However, ok, I'll play along. My computer is composed of more than one part.

*nods* He is. Jesus himself acknowledges this many times.

Great! Lets say that I wish to only acknowledge only the greater part of God (your Father). I do not wish to have my messages past through Jesus. Since the "Father" would be the first, I wish to only worship Him. Does that seem acceptable? However, already there is more than one truth.

You'd said you speak to the same God just as any Christian does? Pardon if I didn't understand the statement in your initial post.

It has happened on occasion.

Hey tempgen. Yeah, that is also a nice way to look at it. Seeing God as the ultimate "Artist"- to have created this entire universe, so balanced, perfect and beautiful.

Jonna, I am not sure I understand you. Are you saying that we are all One, like what Neon Haze says, or are you saying that YOU are the only one, because (to yourself) you cannot be untrue in any situation?

[edit on 30-3-2005 by babloyi]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku

Not really, it's more of a thing to help us understand how god works....a compartmentalising. If you look in Revelation, you see that it mentions 7 spirits of God? Well, we are only dealing with 3 aspects.....God the Father, God the Son, and God the other (Holy Spirit) (which actually takes on a lot of what a mother does, if you look at the descriptions of it, but to assign a "female" overtone to it would give women authority that they don't have, scripturally, so I wonder if it's the fault of translation, or just becuase God/the authors wanted less confusion in the area of leadership)? GTF is the whole concept of creator becomes parent, and redeems us to become his full children, it's the aspect of God that is superior to us. GTS is our sibling, whom we marry/become one with, this is the aspect to which we are equal, because He, in effect, became our equal. HS is there for us while GTS went back to be with GTF, as proof that hell has no hold on him, as he created it, more of a we merge with this part, to become equal. ....really, it's all one and the same, the seperation is just for understanding of HOW it works. Got to remember, we are limited by what we can perceive. Since the creation is inside God, there are going to be some things that just won't translate into the understandable. ...as is seen with Giving God body parts, otuside of being Christ.

I tend to look at it as truth (i.e. reality) being a string stretchted tight. What we perceive is a sphere. Some people's sphere rests on the string, some people's sphere is wound up in the string, some people's sphere is cut by the string, and some people's sphere has nothing to do with the string at all. The string is literally a string of absolutes: this is, this isn't, this will not happen, this will, yes and no....whatever is absolutely unchangeable. No one human has that whole strand inside that sphere.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   
the divine paradox!

the truth that is the ALL, the infinite mind!

This is the Paradox of the Universe, resulting from the Principle of Polarity which manifests when THE ALL begins to Create-hearken to it for it points the difference between half-wisdom and wisdom. While to THE INFINITE ALL, the Universe, its Laws, its Powers, its Life, its Phenomena, are as things witnessed in the state of Meditation or Dream; yet to all that is Finite, the Universe must be treated as Real, and life, and action, and thought, must be based thereupon, accordingly, although with an ever understanding of the Higher Truth. Each according to its own Plane and Laws. Were THE ALL to imagine that the Universe were indeed Reality, then woe to the Universe, for there would be then no escape from lower to higher, divineward-then would the Universe become a fixity and progress would become impossible. And if Man, owing to half-wisdom, acts and lives and thinks of the Universe as merely a dream (akin to his own finite dreams) then indeed does it so become for him, and like a sleep-walker he stumbles ever around and around in a circle, making no progress, and being forced into an awakening at last by his falling bruised and bleeding over the Natural Laws which he ignored. Keep your mind ever on the Star, but let your eyes watch over your footsteps, lest you fall into the mire by reason of your upward gaze. Remember the Divine Paradox, that while the Universe IS NOT, still IT IS. Remember ever the Two Poles of Truth-the Absolute and the Relative. Beware of Half-Truths.

What Hermetists know as "the Law of Paradox" is an aspect of the Principle of Polarity. The Hermetic writings are filled with references to the appearance of the Paradox in the consideration of the problems of Life and Being. The Teachers are constantly warning their students against the error of omitting the "other side" of any question. And their warnings are particularly directed to the problems of the Absolute and the Relative, which perplex all students of philosophy, and which cause so many to think and act contrary to what is generally known as "common sense." And we caution all students to be sure to grasp the Divine Paradox of the Absolute and Relative, lest they become entangled in the mire of the Half-Truth. With this in view this particular lesson has been written. Read it carefully!

The first thought that comes to the thinking man after he realizes the truth that the Universe is a Mental Creation of THE ALL, is that the Universe and all that it contains is a mere illusion; an unreality; against which idea his instincts revolt. But this, like all other great truths, must be considered both from the Absolute and the Relative points of view. From the Absolute viewpoint, of course, the Universe is in the nature of an illusion, a dream, a phantasmagoria, as compared to THE ALL in itself. We recognize this even in our ordinary view, for we speak of the world as "a fleeting show" that comes and goes, is born and dies-for the element of impermanence and change, finiteness and unsubstantiality, must ever be connected with the idea of a created Universe when it is contrasted with the idea of THE ALL, no matter what may be our beliefs concerning the nature of both. Philosopher, metaphysician, scientist and theologian all agree upon this idea, and the thought is found in all forms of philosophical thought and religious conceptions, as well as in the theories of the respective schools of metaphysics and theology.

the universe is the mental manifestion of our collective conciousness!

www.divineparadox.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Quote from babloyi/////// Also, have any of the "powers of the cross" been proven? It was the device that killed Jesus. I don't understand how it came to be considered anything more than a vile device of death.

here is some info on why the Cross is a symbol and a true weapon against evil........

In the Prophet Ezekiel (9:6), it is said that when the Angel of the Lord was sent to punish and destroy the sinning people,
it was told him not to strike those on whom the "mark" had been made.
In the original text this mark is called "tau," the Hebrew letter corresponding to the letter "T," which is how in ancient times the cross was made,
which then was an instrument of punishment.

So, even then, it was foretold the power of the Cross,
which preserves those who venerate it.
Likewise, by many other events in the Old Testament the power of the Cross was indicated.
Moses, who held his arms raised in the form of a cross during the battle, gave victory to the Israelites over the Amalekites. He also, dividing the Red Sea by a blow of his rod and by a transverse blow uniting the waters again, saved Israel from Pharaoh, who drowned in the water, while Israel crossed over on the dry bottom (Exodus, ch. 14, 17).

quote//The Cross was sanctified by the Body of Christ which was nailed to it when He gave Himself over to torments and death for the salvation of the world.
Then it was filled with life-giving power. By the Cross on Golgotha the prince of this world was cast out (John 12:31) and an end was put to his authority. The weapon by which he was crushed became the sign of Christ's victory.

The demonic hosts tremble when they see the Cross, because the kingdom of hell was destroyed by the Cross. They do not dare to draw near to anyone who is guarded by the Cross.

The whole human race, by the death of Christ on the Cross, received deliverance from the authority of the devil, and everyone who makes use of this saving weapon is inaccessible to the demons.

When legions of demons appeared to St. Anthony the Great and other desert-dwellers, they guarded themselves with the sign of the Cross, and the demons vanished.

www.fatheralexander.org...

I hope that helps......Im sorry if it's a bit long to read.......

helen.....

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I being of no specific "religion" do carry the cross in my pocket. Spiritual I AM. The single truth is that there is a God, and many many ways for you to get to him or him to come to you.

Contrary to those whose agendas are under the guise of God I get really upset when I hear the ONLY way. Jesus, the only way, etc. Many in the world don't even know who he was and never will. Does that "entitle" them to eternal damnation. Of course not.

Each religion has many holes. However, as long as one does not have a hole in his heart, and listens to the holy spirit within each of us this world would be a lot better place.

I could write quite a text on this subject for I have witnessed much the last couple of years. It has changed my whole attitude on some subjects, and brought back to me something so important.

Yes, I did say witnessed. Why me? I don't know. However, my inner strength grows daily. It is so powerful.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Sorry for answering questions by asking questions, but I think may help both our perspectives.

Hey Saint,

Isn't the saying "God works in mysterious ways"? Different works too, but that would mean that while you worship God through Jesus, I worship God directly. That comes back to the original question. Is there a single truth? Is what we are both doing "truth"?

God's different approach was to send a part of himself into a human body to have some one-on-one with us. God could talk direct and does, but I think humanity had a much easier time relating to the omnipotent this way. Jesus had a good habit of pointed up whenever he spoke. He said things like "If anyone chooses to do God's will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own." (John 7:17). Oh I love that statement! Just bumped into it. Here's why I do. Jesus openly admits that he is not speaking on his own accord. He's saying he's doing God's work and his words are not his own. Now everybody in the New Testament starts playing the 'match' game between what Jesus says and what God and the prophets said in the Old Testament. When they mesh, that's when everyone goes
asking questions like, "Is he The Christ?". They knew he was coming per Daniel, Ezekiel, John the Baptist and other prophets. The only choice then became whether to accept that he's the One or not.

To answer your question: Is there a single truth? I think we'd both answer yes because there is one God and He is the source of all truth. Is what we're both doing "truth"? Jesus' big thing was not 'doing' but believing. Are we believing in the same truth? I've been given the acknoledgement that what I believe is the truth, but I'd have no way of judging someone else's relationship with God (Christian or Non-Christian). He's the all-knowing one that can see a person's heart.

Did Jesus speak truth?

I am sure he did. It's just that I am not so sure that the guys who barely knew him, and who wrote about him years after he was gone were speaking the truth.

If Jesus were interested in the particulars and details, I'd imagine he'd has a scribe of some sort along with him saying, "now take this down as I say and do everything". What I'm going to say is totally unsubstantiated (aka, I'm going out on a limb here), but I'm thinking when someone picked up a pen, his message was more or less to "put down the pen, listen, and understand what I'm saying here". One of his big points was that people where getting so wrapped up in the letter of the law, they were missing the understanding of the law which was to do right and good because deep down we can feel what's right and good because God put it there. Among these are love, faith, hope, understanding, compassion, selflessness, and willingness to help. I believe the people after his time who wrote these things were all kinds of nervous because they were afraid of getting God's Word wrong. If the authors did not know Jesus personally, I think through each other, the other books and testimonies they found validation that they were on track. Most believe that 'God was with them' to make sure they didn't mess anything up. Makes sense really. There's angels and Old Testament accounts of the same kind of documenting. I've experienced something similar where I was totally caught off-guard and asked God, "Is this for real? Is this message from you?" God is the God of truth, he'll let you know if you're on or off target (just sometimes not right away and especially if it's already in the text). He's not a convenience store, but He will fill in the blanks.

I don't believe that God needs to "divide" to be more easily understood. See, my concept of God would be along the lines of a "Divine ONE". Separating that into three (even if it is still one) doesn't work right, because the UNITY and ONENESS is then gone. It is easier to realise God as one. However, ok, I'll play along. My computer is composed of more than one part.

Thanks. The comparison I like to use is: God is the computer. Jesus was the monitor that helps us see into God. The Holy Spirit is the power supply that gives us the energy and power to interact with the system. They are all God. Now, in that computer, take away the monitor and it makes it really hard to see. The computer is still there but darned if we know what it's doing and wants us to do. If we stare at the monitor separately without the rest of the computer, we get a blank screen. Take away the power supply and the rest of the computer just seems to sit there. Plug in the power supply separately and you've got energy but for what? Only together is it complete.

We have feet to walk, eyes to see and ears to hear, but I am one complete individual. My feet are not me, nor my eyes or ears, but together I have a whole body.

God isn't meant to be dissected to be worshipped in parts. He's using his different abilities so we can see how he works. We call these abilities 'parts' because our logic runs circular when as humans we have the need to see things and catagorize in order to understand them. To say "God only works one way" kind all those omni- prefixed words out of the definition.

Great! Lets say that I wish to only acknowledge only the greater part of God (your Father). I do not wish to have my messages past through Jesus. Since the "Father" would be the first, I wish to only worship Him. Does that seem acceptable? However, already there is more than one truth.

I worship God. I talk to God. I thank Him that he sent his son. His son taught me how to best serve him and to give me the opportunity to be redeemed of my sins. This was accomplished by him going through all the temptations of man, yet remaining without sin, and dying under the weight of my sin. He gave me an unique opportunity for me not to bear that weight because the sins were so heavy there's no way in the world I could ever redeem them on my own.

Is what you're doing acceptable to God? Um, what does He say? I don't know, I'll ask too. I think it helps when the monitor is connected though (just my opinion).

It has happened on occasion.

Excellent! To be perfectly direct, I was in communication with God in prayer by dial-up now and then, but I was seeking an upgrade. Sure enough, I got a cable modem connection! I had to recognize I had a lot of bugs to work out on my end first and clear them out. Now it's blazing. My recommendation would be to work on that connection. I think just talking about Him you already are to some degree, but one-on-ones usually work best.

More questions please if you have them.

Pray, train, study.
God bless.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
The demonic hosts tremble when they see the Cross, because the kingdom of hell was destroyed by the Cross. They do not dare to draw near to anyone who is guarded by the Cross.

Hm? I'd not heard of the cross as an object doing this. Could you expand?

Originally posted by helen670
The whole human race, by the death of Christ on the Cross, received deliverance from the authority of the devil, and everyone who makes use of this saving weapon is inaccessible to the demons.

When legions of demons appeared to St. Anthony the Great and other desert-dwellers, they guarded themselves with the sign of the Cross, and the demons vanished.

www.fatheralexander.org...

I hope that helps......Im sorry if it's a bit long to read.......

helen.....

My question though is, was it the physical cross that did it or did it strengthen their own faith that God would protect them?

[edit on 30-3-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswater
I could write quite a text on this subject for I have witnessed much the last couple of years. It has changed my whole attitude on some subjects, and brought back to me something so important.

Yes, I did say witnessed. Why me? I don't know. However, my inner strength grows daily. It is so powerful.

By all means please do, or U2U if you'd rather. I'd be very interested in hearing.

[edit on 30-3-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswater
I being of no specific "religion" do carry the cross in my pocket. Spiritual I AM. The single truth is that there is a God, and many many ways for you to get to him or him to come to you.

Contrary to those whose agendas are under the guise of God I get really upset when I hear the ONLY way. Jesus, the only way, etc. Many in the world don't even know who he was and never will. Does that "entitle" them to eternal damnation. Of course not.

Each religion has many holes. However, as long as one does not have a hole in his heart, and listens to the holy spirit within each of us this world would be a lot better place.

Do tell us what you witnessed.....

Yes religion does have it's faults..........but it is not God who did this...but MAN.
Yes MAN wants to be God with all power ....but it can never happen because we all DIE and our bodies go back to the earth where they came from.....
Because MAN wants to rule and make up rules to suit himself he will never know and understand what this life is realy about........
God gave one commandment .....and that one commandment MAN could not keep.
So God came down for the people.......all types of people......from the Old Testament to testify that God came in the flesh...

quote//the Word of God, faith in Christ as God and Saviour come in the flesh (1 Jn. 1:1-2; 4, 2, 9),

Jesus Christ is above all other names under heaven (cf. Acts 4:12
From the Father the Son is begotten before all ages and all time (Psalm 2:7; II Corinthians 11:31).
It is from the Father that the Holy Spirit eternally proceeds (John 15:26). God the Father created all things through the Son, in the Holy Spirit (Genesis 1 and 2; John 1:3; Job 33:4),
and we are called to worship Him (John 4:23). The Father loves us and sent His Son to give us everlasting life (John 3:16).

IS there a single truth?

Yes .......... "pillar and the ground of truth" (I Timothy 3:15),

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join