It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parable of the Little Soul & the Sun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Just wanted to share this which I read recently.. enjoy

There once was a soul who knew itself to be the light, this was a new soul, and so anxious for experience, "I am the light, I am the light" it said. yet all the knowing of it and all the saying of it could not substitute for the experience of it. And in the realm from which this soul emerged, there was nothing but the light, every soul was grand, every soul was magnificent, and every soul shone with with the brilliance of Gods awesome light. In the midst of the grandest light -of which it was apart- it could not see itself, like a candle to the sun, nor experience itself as who and what it really is.
Now it came to pass that this soul yearned and yearned to know itself, and so great was it's yearning that God one day said, "Do you know, little one, what you must do to satisfy this yearning of yours?" "oh what, God, what? I'll do anything!" the little soul said.
"You must seperate yourself from the rest of us," God answerd, "And then you must call upon yourself the darkness," "what is the darkness, oh holy one?" the soul asked.
"That which you are not," God replied, and the soul understood.
And so the soul did, removing itself from the all, yea going unto another 'realm', where the soul had the power to call into it's experience all sorts of darkness, and it did.
Yet in the midst of all the darkness did it cry out, "Father, Father, why hast thou forsaken me??".

My take on this is 'theory' is that maybe we're here to know ourselves 'experientialy' as aposed to 'conceptually'.

what do you think?

new topics

join