It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do these secret societies members earn a living?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   
they just do ritual stuff so how do they earn a living?

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by warthog911

I don't know which societies youre speaking of, but as far as masons are concerned, most have day jobs, if they're not already retired (which tend to be quite a few these days).

[edit on 29-3-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by warthog911

Like Sebatwerk said...

Even though Masonry is NOT a true Secret Society (but does get "lumped in" with them) all the Masons I know either work at their job or have retired. Personally I'm a contractor/developer and a real estate appraiser and property manager. That and my two young sons (many Masons and members of other fraternal societies actually have children) keeps me pretty busy.

Most of the governing bodies of the various Masonic groups have full-time Secretaries and office staff who actually make their living working for the Fraternity. The House of the Temple in Washington DC (the one Akilles is terrified of and won't take me up on my offer to get him a personal guided tour of...) employs several people full time. The Grand Archivist & Historian and Masonic writer, Art de Hoyos who is a personal friend of mine, works there 40 hours a week. As does Brent Morris and several others. So you could say Masonry IS their job...but to most of us it's ONLY our fraternity.

Regards

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I work in market research and have an interest in Customer service and how to improve it and I am self employed. Freemasonry is a pleasant Fraternity. When you add my personal advocation's and interest in Freemasonry I do not have much time to plan World revolution or anything else.

Bro Gerard

[edit on 29-3-2005 by Gerard]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gerard
I work in market research and have an interest in Customer service and had to improve it and I am self employed. Freemasonry is a pleasant Fraternity. When you add my personal advocation's and interest in Freemasonry I do not have much time to plan World revolution or anything else.

I'm a software engineer for the biggest Ad Agency in the US.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I think alot of "real" secret societies have alot to with the country's or maybe even the worlds econimics. Think of the Mafia but on a larger and more hush hush scale.

A good book is The Fifth Internatale

Is it ok to advertise this? it's educational

But that books deals with SS's in the old Warsaw Pact countries and how they effect the entire worlds economy and governments....which leads to how they get paid

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Well, I'm part of a secret society, and all I am doing is searching for cash, find it and use it. That's all. No need for a job, no need for daily work, and sometimes millions may pop in my hands.

This is how it works, not a big deal.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Well in my secret society (can't tell you which one because it is a secret) we manipulate people into giving us their wealth and property through mind control techniques. Well that is the primary way, but we also have our tendrils in the money lending buisness. We use what we call dark enforcers to retrieve our money if the client does not pay up.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
This is a thread?

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk

Originally posted by Gerard
I work in market research and have an interest in Customer service and had to improve it and I am self employed. Freemasonry is a pleasant Fraternity. When you add my personal advocation's and interest in Freemasonry I do not have much time to plan World revolution or anything else.

I totaly dismissed all Freemason/NWO connections, untill I heard that. If you work for ClearChannel, I am switching wagons.

Just kidding, there is a local DJ that gets all kinds of calls from non-CC DJs talking Clear Channel down, but he claims every one of them have submited applications.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
OK, so how is that different from Masons saying people who would offer criticism of its Brotherhood must have been denied, or in some other way do not 'stand up' to being in such a Noble order?

I think it is the easiest claim to make, when you don't want to discuss what people are saying SPECIFICALLY. You just say, specifics don't matter. They would be here if they could. No doubt about it.

Uh huh... I think the 'logic' has run itself dry.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiggy

I totaly dismissed all Freemason/NWO connections, untill I heard that. If you work for ClearChannel, I am switching wagons.

Hehehe no I didn't say the biggest ADVERTISER, I said biggest ad AGENCY. Deutsch, Inc. produces ads for fortune 500 companies on tv, radio, preint and web.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiggy

Hehehe no I didn't say the biggest ADVERTISER, I said biggest ad AGENCY. Deutsch, Inc. produces ads for fortune 500 companies on tv, radio, preint and web.

Ahh, I see now. Conspiracy averted.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Being apart of the Masonic Family as a Job's Daugter and know a member of Eastern Star has helped me be a better 911 Dispatcher.

Working 12 hour shifts I have loads of time to plot against the the govenment that employs me. and i know everything that is going on with the US government.

I don't know what planet they are on but I know that when someone from our Masonic Family explains what we are all about then make fun of someone talking out of there ____(you can fill in the blank) that is what they think is the truth.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I don't think I've ever heard of a freemason who's soley employed thru masonry. Maybe some people do it when they retire from their real jobs or somesuch, or maybe some like shriners are also hospital admins and such.

From what I recall, many engineers, even electrical engineers and the like, enter masonry. I don't think that they're going to be leaving those jobs for a small fee to perform rituals and polish beer steins.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
I don't think I've ever heard of a freemason who's soley employed thru masonry. Maybe some people do it when they retire from their real jobs or somesuch, or maybe some like shriners are also hospital admins and such.

I mentioned a few in a previous post...Grand Secretaries, employees of the Scottish Rite, etc. Yes, some Shriners are full-time employees in the various Shrine Hospitals...but MOST of the Shriners you see in the hospitals are volunteers.

From what I recall, many engineers, even electrical engineers and the like, enter masonry.

Men from MANY professions are Masons.

I don't think that they're going to be leaving those jobs for a small fee to perform rituals and polish beer steins.

We're NOT paid to perform the initiatory ceremonies. Masonry is a fraternity. Participation is voluntary...usually one or two evenings a month.

top topics

join