It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ruins from the Golden Age of Humanity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Here is a link to an interesting read.

www.nii.net...

I found the list of ruins interesting. I would like to see archeologists, using modern technology, visit them to either properly document or disprove them.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by sephiroth
Here is a link to an interesting read.

www.nii.net...

I found the list of ruins interesting. I would like to see archeologists, using modern technology, visit them to either properly document or disprove them.

Because most of it is false. Ascher, for instance, sells degrees out of her apartment and awarded herself her own Doctorate. Oh... and she's a psychic advisor and channeler. The "UPI announcement" wasn't taken seriously by most papers and there were enough problems with it when it came out that many of the New Age papers and magazines ignored it as well.

The Bimini road was later discovered to be natural rock strata and they're tying it in with later discoveries that were real. The 27,000 year old calendar announcement came from Pravda, which is a tabloid.

...and so forth. Just enough truth (the Pri Reis map) mixed with falsehoods (here's what the Greek maps of 300 BC *did* look like (note that there is no Atlantis): mathforum.org... )

While there may be some good questions there, the lack of updating on it makes the whole document look fishy. I think that before anyone challenges scholars to "prove this" that someone need to go through the list themselves and prune out the "already answered" and "debunked even by the believer community" and the "tacked on two truths to an outright lie to make the lie look good."

Otherwise, they're going to wave it at people who know a lot about these subjects and get shot down in the first 15 minutes.

[edit on 29-3-2005 by Byrd]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

...and so forth. Just enough truth (the Pri Reis map) mixed with falsehoods (here's what the Greek maps of 300 BC *did* look like (note that there is no Atlantis): mathforum.org... )

Not defending any of the claims on the original link, but the site you quoted doesn't have any examples of maps before Piri Reis.
Only modern examples, clearly labelled - "map might have looked something like this:"

You're right though, there is no Atlantis these maps.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I found the information very interesting. Thank you for posting this . Ever wonder if people on this site also try to mis-inform .

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I believe this article has taken geological & archeological anomalies & half truths and elaborated to a great deal BUT there is something being ignored in south america and the whole idea of clovis man & the bearing straight land bridge - populating of the americas. There really are older ruins & temples that predate Sumaria & the Middle east as the craddle of humanity. 90% of bolivia hasn't been excavated yet. The old professors & established academia really do everything in their power to discredit anything that challenges their accepted beliefs & theories. Then they destroy anyone career wise who tries to actually find the explanation for anomalies that don't fit. You still need some sort of proof to back up these claims. some pictures would be nice.
However being a geologist myself, I believe Polar shifts is an actual plausible theory.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Why assume that there has been no scientific investigations? The cuban 'sunken city' 'discovery' was examined by scientists, and found wanting. Almost all of these sorts of claims are investigated, and found wanting.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
[Not defending any of the claims on the original link, but the site you quoted doesn't have any examples of maps before Piri Reis.
Only modern examples, clearly labelled - "map might have looked something like this:"
You're right though, there is no Atlantis these maps.

DOH! Good catch!

I'd seen the maps before (Greek maps are really ...odd... looking) and thought that this was a redrawing of one because some of them do look a bit like that.

My bad. Gotta get them eyeballs fixed!

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Thanks for the input. I was also suspicous about some of the stuff. Still interesting though.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 05:08 AM
link   

TextI found the list of ruins interesting. I would like to see archeologists, using modern technology, visit them to either properly document or disprove them.

Thanks for posting your find sephiroth,i found it exceptionally intresting,granted much of it appears to be wild fantasy and personal interpretation but for some reason somethings in the article seem to make sense,perhaps thats just me hoping that at some point in our history of earth (and hopefully in the future?) that we did live in an advanced state of harmony....i hopw we find the missing pieces one day.....well,thats if you believe there are any to find?.

Regards and thanks.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Yeah. If they are real it shows humanity can exsist in peace, for a while at least.

top topics

join