It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man, Woman, God, and Satan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Just reading some of these posts such as "Satan and Eve" and "What is the name of the antichrist" I have come to a sort of question

It seems that there is a sort of theme that pervades these posts that Men are generally "good" and women are generally "evil" or at least introduced evil. (Mostly from Adam and Eve discussions)

So since God and Satan are opposites, couldn't we call God male, and Satan female? Furthermore that would make the antichrist female. (which I'd bet could be a thread unto itself)

Also, there are a number of references to females not being worthy to enter the temple or heaven. However, I have read on the forum that Jesus talks of converting some of the females to males so that they may enter.

So, either it is at face value (which I doubt) that females and males are the actual physical representations of the genders that we know today (meaning God is male, Satan is female, and the antichrist will be female), or more to the point...

Did the terms male and female come from words (originally meaning good and evil) that went through a series of interpretations and translations to end up being the different sexes?

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   
hmmm , your views are certainly disturbing , i never heard of anything about females being evil in ANY religion , in fact the first murder on earth was commited by a man - adam's son killing his brother - also , eve was created from adam's rib - as the bible tells us - so if man is good , how can something evil be created from a part of him ? the only evil - the evil that tempted eve - is satan . and to say that he may be female and god being male and the antichrist a female is nothing more than speculation....

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Remember that the Bible you are looking at has been processed by the religious athoritiy (depends as to whom it was by the edition of the bible) and anti-female sentiment was high both at the time of the original writings and as they were being chewed over by the Churches.

I would be interested in where exactly you found the idea that Jesus turned women into men to enter heaven. I'd love to see the arguments for that haha.

As for the whole "good/evil as man/woman" idea well, no. The sexes were developed as a reproductive system by evolution over the eons. As for the teachings, it's much as tempogen says, how can something created from a theoretical good man be evil? Besides, both were blind to good and evil before they ate of the forbidden fruit, so it was that both man and woman were at the get go, innocent, and without sin.

Also, a good amount of the evil in the bible is male-to-male. Jesus was persecuted by men. Cain killed his brother. Most every war in the book is fought by men. King Herrod was rather evil.

In the New Testament, women are given a very positive role. The Virgin Mary is sacred as the mother of the son of God, and she is seen as pure, good and everything that one should strive for. The bible's other Mary is also eventally seen in a positive light as the tender of Jesus as he dies. She first had to forgo her earthly sin but such it was with all of the apostles.

Women are not evil, sorry buddy, but there's not any proof I've seen beyond the flawed interpretations of a very few imperfect people on their bibles. I'd bet a good bit of cash that they had their own agendas to begin with.

May Peace Travel With You
~Astral

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   

So, either it is at face value (which I doubt) that females and males are the actual physical representations of the genders that we know today (meaning God is male, Satan is female, and the antichrist will be female)

It could just as easily and given the traditional anti-feminine stance of the church more likely be that it is Goddess/female that is good and God/ male that is bad. however without balance of the two it doesnt matter, things will still
be screwed up.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by EdamienX
It seems that there is a sort of theme that pervades these posts that Men are generally "good" and women are generally "evil" or at least introduced evil. (Mostly from Adam and Eve discussions)

The only philosophy in the world where I've heard this applied to is Taiji (of Daoism). Even then it seems suspect to tag either man or woman as good or evil just because Yang is male in one example and Yang represents good in another example. I can't say for sure though, it's a confusing philosophy at times.

Originally posted by EdamienX
The Chinese characters for Tai Chi Chuan can be translated as the 'Supreme Ultimate Force'. The notion of 'supreme ultimate' is often associated with the Chinese concept of Yin-Yang, the notion that one can see a dynamic duality (male/female, active/passive, dark/light, forceful/yielding, etc.) in all things. ' Force' (or, more literally, 'fist') can be thought of here as the means or way of achieving this Yin-Yang, or 'supreme-ultimate' discipline.

I know there's wishful thinking among some people that Christianity is a sexist religion, but sorry to disappoint. Man and woman are not represented as opposites. They have different sex organs and therefore took on different roles historically speaking, but what percentage of a person is their sex organs? Careful, saying a high percentage is very telling of yourself
Morality and salvation are not gender issues. There wasn't a 10 commandments for men and a separate 10 commandments for women. Jesus didn't turn away woman seeking God's Word. Notice how Proverbs is written with wisdom in terms of 'she'. God doesn't discriminate by gender, race, cultural background, or geneology. A person's sins can be forgiven regardless.

top topics

join