It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How about this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
We all know that the Devil can copy anything that GOD can do but it will always be flawed. With this assumption what is the likelihood that there is one true religion created by god and all the rest were created by the Devil?

Seems to me like the prince of lies may have taken this route to cause us humans to question ourselves.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Have you ever ponder this question...

Is it possible God is also the Devil and vice versa....

because God is both Good/Bad (or simply Neutral) depending on which side people chooses or people's perception of God...

PS.
I think this thread will be move to BTS...

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
you can have good without evil, but you can't have evil without good because evil is the lack of good. Get it? Got it? Good!

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FALLOUT SHELTER
We all know that the Devil can copy anything that GOD can do

Since when did the devil have generative abilities?

what is the likelihood that there is one true religion created by god and all the rest were created by the Devil?

The likelyhood is immpossible to estimate since its a supernatural question. God could've made multiple true religions as part of his grande scheme.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
In the Bible the Devil causes people to become ill. Illness is caused by bacteria, viruses, genetic issues, etc.

If he caused many illnesses then it is likely that he either generated the bacteria/viruses/etc. or moved them. This issue is never truely adressed in the Bible though.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by daniel191159
In the Bible the Devil causes people to become ill. Illness is caused by bacteria, viruses, genetic issues, etc.

If he caused many illnesses then it is likely that he either generated the bacteria/viruses/etc. or moved them. This issue is never truely adressed in the Bible though.

Since i have found God i have yet to become ill, and this includes kissing my ex-g/f several times when she was sick.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
well i wouldan't count on never being sick again. god still alows it.

the idea of all other religions being false brought about by the devil is not new. in fact i think it is realy old. if there is only your god(s) then it becomes apparent that all others are evil in nature.

the other question about god createing other religions is also an older thought. i have in past thought about this one as well. so far though i only know of two. judisim and chritianity. that is my beleif at anyrate.

the devil being in charge of disese/sickness is aparant. i have always been intriqued that most pantheon relegions tend to have a god spacificaly for death and disese normaly the same god.also the fact that this god is typicaly evil in nature. i think my favorite set of gods is the norse gods and that because in the end they all die.

then you also have in the pantione systomes. find a new god just worship him/her as well. might as well hedge bets right. i have also wondered if everyone worshiped one god but just kept aquireing new ones, adding them to the beleif systom and redistribute their powers/resposibilitys.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by daniel191159

The writers of the bible however didn't know that.

This issue is never truely adressed in the Bible though.

I'd think that, given that he's not explicitly given the ability, nor unambigusously uses it, then one can only state that the devil doesn't have the creation powers that god has.

ryanp5555
Since i have found God i have yet to become ill

You don't honestly think tho that you are now imbibed with a complete resistance to disease no? Nor that agents of disease are creations of the devil?

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
haha no, i just thought i'd bring it up. I am just praying it lasts for a long time.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 03:04 AM
link   
my opinion is : the devil didn't creat any religions , but he corrupted them , till they strayed far from what was intended . and so when god sees that his words are lost and covered by the words of the devil and mortals , he sends a new prophet , to remind the people of the truth .
and so is the struggle between good and evil .
disease is a natural thing , it is not caused by the devil , it is one of the many ways that god tests the faith of his worshippers , just because you believe in god , it doesn't mean you won't get sick , you won't lose a loved one , you won't get broke . but because you believe in god , you will be patient , and god will reward you . disease and fever washes away your sins , and anything your heart desires is in heaven . just believe .....

new topics

top topics

join