It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politics and scandals should be taken out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Since they just mad PTS( politcas at ATS) then they should should take out politics and scandals on the front page. There arent that many replies on PTS and since I just saw a mod make a thread urging ppl to go there then politcs and scandals on the front page should be taken out. It doesnt make sence to have them both there.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
scandals are a conspiracy...

this is for ATS...

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
But Politics@ATS is designed to cater for all topics of political discussion that are not conspiracy related.

There needs to be a place at ATS where government conspiracies are reviewed in major depth.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
But Politics@ATS is designed to cater for all topics of political discussion that are not conspiracy related.

There needs to be a place at ATS where government conspiracies are reviewed in major depth.

Okay then the scandals part should just be moved over to PTS.

There we can have the best of both worlds

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Actually, what I would really like to see is, when you click on "NEW posts" the default brings up a list of ALL the new posts, not just ATS/BTS/PTS specific. You'd still have the option to filter using the NEW posts tabs, but by default it would bring you to everything. That would probably cause BTS and PTS's popularity to pick up quite a bit...

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I think Politics and Scandals should be shifted towards PTS. Since its inception in Nov/Dec, it really hasnt been getting much light. Granted when 2008 comes along (come on ATS, we can do it) it will be jammed with users posting their extrenous political party conspiraries, but in the meant time Politics and Scandals really should be moved to PTS to force people to post in the forum.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The politics threads should not be removed because most of the time subjects come up in the politics and scandals that involve conspiracy related topics. Terrorism is also another subject that comes up too. Politics@ats is mainly for political discussion: Social Security, right to life, things like that. Not NWO, UFO's, Terrorism, Illuminati and the sorts. They sometimes run over into politics so that's why the threads for politics remain.

[edit on 30-3-2005 by CAConrad0825]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CAConrad0825
The politics threads should not be removed because most of the time subjects come up in the politics and scandals that involve conspiracy related topics. Terrorism is also another subject that comes up too. Politics@ats is mainly for political discussion: Social Security, right to life, things like that. Not NWO, UFO's, Terrorism, Illuminati and the sorts. They sometimes run over into politics so that's why the threads for politics remain.

Second that.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Actually, what I would really like to see is, when you click on "NEW posts" the default brings up a list of ALL the new posts, not just ATS/BTS/PTS specific.

You know you can do that with the "myNew" button. It shows all the new post in the forums you have subscribed to in myATS no matter what board they are on. I use this feature all the time. It's one of my favorites.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I don't know if I understand...

are you saying that all scandelous politicians should be taken out....

:shk::shk::shk::shk:

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   

posted by Simulcra
I think Politics and Scandals should be shifted towards PTS. Since its inception in Nov/Dec, it really hasnt been getting much light. Granted when 2008 comes along (come on ATS, we can do it) it will be jammed with users posting their extrenous political party conspiraries, but in the meant time Politics and Scandals really should be moved to PTS to force people to post in the forum.

2008? Why that long? The UK has an election in less than a month, feel free to join lads and laddettes!

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Political Conspiracies is not being used as intended. It is actually sabotaging itself by inviting PTS material onto ATS.
Most of what could go in Political Conspiracies could be squeezed into WoT, Secret Societies, etc. It is a semi-redundant catagory which is dominated by politics under a general mindset which seems to say, "all of politics is conspiratorial and scandalous".

Look at the front page of that forum right now- just the top few for the sake of ease.

1. Is Abortion Killing the Left? DEFINATELY PTS
2. The Great Lie of 2003? Super-vague Bush-bash. PTS or BTS.
3. Who won the Vietnam War? (WTF!?) give it the benefit of the doubt and say it belongs there.
4. Jesse Jackson / MLK? Belongs there.
5. Banning Assualt Weapons Clearly PTS
6. God saved Reagan Belongs there
7. Female President? Clearly PTS
8. Chirac/Schroder- commies Clearly PTS
9. Who shot JFK Belongs
10. Ann Coulter Clearly PTS
11. Non-elite president Belongs
12. "Nuclear option" Clearly PTS
13. Moon propaganda Belongs
14. Impeach Judges Clearly PTS
15. McAfrica Burger ??BTS or Website Related??

Of the first 15 submissions, more than half of them belong on PTS!
The 3 most replied threads on the front page are the Assault Weapons debate, a non-conspiratorial crooked cop thread, and an Ann Coulter bash.

It seems clear to me that Political Conspiracies is terminally ill, and if we can't fix it by getting people to use PTS then we ought to just euthanize the stupid thing and FORCE the thick-headed to take it to PTS.

new topics

top topics

join