It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Force XXI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I was wondering if we could make this the official thread on all things related to the U.S. Army's Force XXI and all of it's future developments.

Thus far, the 1st Cavalry Division and the 4th Infantry Division (Mechanized) are the only two divisions in the Army that has entered the Force XXI era. These two divisions were the first to recieve the M1A2 Abrams and are getting more in terms of C4I.

Below is a list of all current programs related to Force XXI:

AH-64D Longbow Apache
Army Battle Command System (ABCS)
Army Global Command and Control System (AGCCS)
Army Tactical Command and Control System (ATCCS)
Land Warrior
M1A2 Abrams Main Battle Tank
Objective Crew-Served Weapon (OSCW)
Objective Individual Combat Weapon (OICW)
Tactical Internet
Warfighter Information Network (WIN)

A question. When Land Warrior, OSCW, and OICW enter service, will the 1st Cavalry and 4th Infantry be the first to field the program?

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I thought Special Forces would be the first to felid Land Warrior and other future projects. Im’ guessing after them the 1St Cavalry and 4 Infantry will be next.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
To add onto my first post, which units currently field the M1A2? I've been doing some research and only recently does it seem like it's entered service with the 1st Cavalry and 4th Infantry. The other heavy divisions are made of M1s and the M1A1.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Is OICW still alive? Nothing heard about it for a long time.
And maybe you should include Stryker.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Last I heard, the OICW is still in development.

Which brings up another question. Currently, Land Warrior is experimenting with the M-16A2 and M-4A1. Why not with the OICW? The OICW is directly related to the concept of Land Warrior.

new topics

top topics

join