It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christ Quakes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Anyone else notice it being a little odd that the Tsunami happened on December 26th the day after Christ Mass? ... and how the aftershock or Earthquake #2 happened on Easter Monday? Christ's celebrated resurrection date?

Indeed I think that is a religeous conspiracy..

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
A conspiracy by who, God? I mean, in one sense it meets the criteria, God being Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, but at the same time they are one, so it would be an act of a lone quakegod.

Unless the conspiracy lies with Satan and his cohorts of demons. They are seporate entities, and I suppose could form a conspiracy to cause an earthquake, but what can be done about it?

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
A conspiracy by who, God? I mean, in one sense it meets the criteria, God being Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, but at the same time they are one, so it would be an act of a lone quakegod.

Unless the conspiracy lies with Satan and his cohorts of demons. They are seporate entities, and I suppose could form a conspiracy to cause an earthquake, but what can be done about it?

Naw, I'm not trying to dispute sides.. I just mean .. don't you find it ODD??? or Coincidence? ... it is a little out of the ordinary is it not?

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
well just for the record, Saturday or Sunday depending on what part of the world you live in, it was also the Hindu holiday of Holi or Phagwah, so I'm not sure if the Christian God has an exclusive monopoly on all this destruction. Maybe the Christian God caused the December quake and now the Hindu God is exercising his might.

seriously, while it is a coincidence, coincidences can be drawn from many things as you can see above, other religions also have religious holidays around that time frame, but if you only see the world through the eyes of a christian or catholic, then I guess these are Christ quakes.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I noticed that it was the day after xmas and the day after Easter too. I don't think is coincidence. There is something at play here. Be it spiritual or human hand.

I've been thinking about it all day. I saw on the news that the conditions were perfect for another tidal wav, but for some reason there wasn't - Thank god.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MauiStacey
I've been thinking about it all day. I saw on the news that the conditions were perfect for another tidal wav, but for some reason there wasn't - Thank god.

He has risen, but the tidal wave didn't.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Go back and look at the quakes for the past 100 years and you'll find quakes on or near holidays of ALL religions. You won't find that earthquakes cluster around certain religious events.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Still I think it's pretty significant... There were earthquakes recorded around the time of Jesus' crucifixion too... there must be something more to it... even if it isn't religeous.. why at that time of the year... every 2000 and something years?

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
could be a spring equinox.....but then again maybe not. We live in a marvelous time.

Jake tisk tisk

LOL Christ Quakes sounds like a religious breakfast food, and I'm hungry

[edit on 28-3-2005 by MauiStacey]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Jesus was born in October, not December.

December 25th was adopted as the christian celebration day because it was a pagan traditional winter solstice celebration for centuries before Christianity plagued humanity.

If there is any lesson to be learned by the tsuanmi and quakes it is "get the hell out of the region, its doomed". Just go have a gander at the plate tectonics in the region, its practicaly the smashed cracker of the planet.

Lets look at it scientifcally please.

In the northern hemisphere, the Winter solstice is day of the year (near December 22) when the Sun is farthest south. However, in the southern hemisphere, winter and summer solstices are exchanged so that the winter solstice is the day on which the Sun is farthest north

The date (near March 21 in the northern hemisphere) when night and day are nearly the same length and Sun crosses the celestial equator (i.e., declination 0) moving northward. In the southern hemisphere, the vernal equinox corresponds to the center of the Sun crossing the celestial equator moving southward and occurs on the date of the northern autumnal equinox.

The sun affects our planet, top to bottom, there is no denying it.

You ignore the fact that major quakes have happened in December in the past, one was just last year in Iran on the same Dec. 26th date, and make this "every 2,000 year" nonsense claim without looking up world historical data on earthquakes. Major quakes happen more often not having any Jeebus relevance than they ever happen with jeebus coincedence.

[edit on 29-3-2005 by Legalizer]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer
Jesus was born in October, not December.

December 25th was adopted as the christian celebration day because it was a pagan traditional winter solstice celebration for centuries before Christianity plagued humanity.

If there is any lesson to be learned by the tsuanmi and quakes it is "get the hell out of the region, its doomed". Just go have a gander at the plate tectonics in the region, its practicaly the smashed cracker of the planet.

Lets look at it scientifcally please.

[edit on 29-3-2005 by Legalizer]

"plagued humanity"?

Lately I've been sounding like a christian fundamentalists -- though I'm not -- but comments like that are just too harsh to ignore.

How can I put this? Christianity is bashed all the time by neo-paganists... but it is a religion that, at its core, believes that one intelligent god cares about the fate of every individual. What's evil or wrong about that?

I think that, if they step back, that many christianity bashers will concede that they are too harsh (and, again, I'm not one of those people that ATSers think of as the daily church-going type).

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Although your arguement belongs in a wholly other thread, I'll step up and not concede.

This thread is based, from the beginning on a false assumption that the earthquakes have some kind of Christian connection. If I'm too harsh on the masses of blind faithful, too bad, let their deity lick their wounds. I didn't attack an individual, I added a verb before a noun after a noun, and you went all defensive holy roller about it.

You are just too sensitive.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 03:04 AM
link   

This thread is based, from the beginning on a false assumption that the earthquakes have some kind of Christian connection.

I agree.
To add: Wern't there more earthquakes predicted for March anyway by
seismologists? (spelling)
Sorry can't find a link at the moment, but I'm pretty sure thats the way
I read it.

new topics

top topics

join