It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

too rough

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I love my boyfriend very much. I'll say that first.

He grew up with a brother, they were very physical ( fighting, sibling rilvary, whatever)
But sometimes, we're playing around, jumping, tickling, and the like. And he plays too rough. He's a lot stronger than me, and I don't think he realizes it. sometimes it leaves bruises, or knocks the wind out of me, and he just doesn't listen when I say to quit it!
Any suggestions?

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Well you really need to sit down with him and tell him this is something you are no longer going to put up with,

1, No way should he be leaving a bruise on you.

He needs to know you are serious about this, Next time he does it walk out,

What age range are you both in?

but really you need to make it clear him that this hurts you,

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lenina
and he just doesn't listen when I say to quit it!
Any suggestions?

Yeah.

Run.

If he doesn't have the respect for you to stop when you say stop, he's not worth the time & effort.
Besides, you run the very real risk of things spilling over from "playing around" to everyday life. Sounds a lot like the early stages of an abusive relationship, and you really might want to think about getting out before you're in too deep.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I'm 19 he's 23. We've been dating for two years. And this has been a constant thing. It's not every day, but once every few weeks. Thanks for the advice guys.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
playing around shouldn't hurt, sure you might get an accidental bump or bruise, but it certainly shouldn't be on a regular basis. And if he's not listening when you say stop, you really need to reconsider your relationship, I don't want to even think or go into the possibilities of how him not listening can seriously affect you, and the situations you can end up in, so try talking to him and if he doesn't change then find the door.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Any suggestions?

Next time he gets too rough....

Kick him in the nads. HARD

Then ask if he likes it when YOU play rough.
Odds are, he'll be more gentle from now on...

[edit on 5-4-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I outweigh my poor wife by 100 lbs. and seem to be able to give her a small bruise once every other month. Purely accidental and I have to make sure I'm careful if I'm playing with her. Those things happen , but I would never keep doing something after she said to quit.

Gazrok is right. If you "accidently" damage a tender spot hell quit really quick. Even joking about it should be enough to make him slow down.

[edit on 5-4-2005 by dbates]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Mental issues are sometimes a deep dark affair. He might have been socialized where negative physical contact between the sexes was something he saw.
Are you familiar with the term "passive aggressive"?
Sometimes the things that are in the guise of play or a joke or said/done with a smile, are really covering a very negative emotion. By playing rough, it could be that having a test run toward manifesting itself.
You've been with him 2 years at an age where that's like 12 years. I'm guessing, hell I'm sure, he has hostilities towards you based on his own short coming ( perceived).

A hit in the nutz is considered an attack & will draw a response. Grabbing a man's sac literally holds his undevided attention.

Which one do you want!?

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I sat down with him and had a talk, he's been a lot better! So thanks for the advice everyone!

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   

A hit in the nutz is considered an attack & will draw a response. Grabbing a man's sac literally holds his undevided attention.

Which one do you want!?

If he's the type to hit a girl, even after this, then you know what you've got, and know to get the heck out of the relationship. I'd only strike a woman if in defense of life and limb (i.e. if she's got a knife, gun, etc.), and even then I'd go more for restraining than injury.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lenina
I sat down with him and had a talk, he's been a lot better! So thanks for the advice everyone!

not to burst your bubble.... but it's been one day.... please, please make sure he understands that his "hurting" you is not acceptable....

top topics

join