It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

no more points for voting on an ATSNN submission???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
just a quick question...

i just voted on a submission and it said: "thank you for voting for this submission"...

it did not include "you have received 5 ATS points for voting"...

is this going to be forever???

thanks...

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I noticed this too, and I sympathize with your points tally being a mere 62965, when it could have been a phenomenal 62970 in the alternative reality where this adjustment had not taken place.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
I noticed this too, and I sympathize with your points tally being a mere 62965, when it could have been a phenomenal 62970 in the alternative reality where this adjustment had not taken place.

im not complaining...

remember, ATSNN system IS flawed and this is probably the next step to fix it...

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
if points removal for voting is the next step in fixing ATSNN then I am all for it.

members should get points for contributing content, not voting. I think it's illegal in most places to recieve compensation for voting

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I noticed this a number of hours ago, and after checking the point total to be sure they didn't just eliminate words, I made the executive decision to not start the thread.

But, yeah, no more points. Probably in part because of your thread that, ahem, 'pointed out' some issues.

Discussed here already.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I noticed that too, but I disagree I want my voting points.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I think it is a good idea...I won't go into why, as it has already been covered in that thread. (I got 250 points for my valuable contribution to that thread, so I dont need the 5 points anyway
)

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I se this as a move in the right direction. Now perhaps people will vote on the merits of the story rather then points

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
I se this as a move in the right direction. Now perhaps people will vote on the merits of the story rather then points

I guess you didn't notice that you still got points for voting no.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
You got points for voting either way. However, the worry over points really defeats the purpose of having the members here vote on submissions. Vote if you want, do not vote if you want, but don't vote because of five points.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
FredT is right.

It would take at least 8 points to motivate a "read ATSNN & vote" action based on the real current value of the ATS dollar.

J/K.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   

It would take at least 8 points to motivate a "read ATSNN & vote" action based on the real current value of the ATS dollar.

I agree. We NEED to do something about inflation. The ATSNN point is doing terribly in the current market, although its value is expect to rise due to awesomeness.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
well...

members DID vote just for the POINTS...

my proof was stated in another thread but i will say it here...

i made a submission and it got a "yes" vote within 3 seconds...

how can someone have read the article in 3 seconds???

this means they must have voted for the points...

great change...

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I can read the majority of ATSNN submissions (not their linked articles) in three seconds. No biggie.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
WOO! READING!

Yeah, I learned to do it ages ago, real helpful.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I can read the majority of ATSNN submissions (not their linked articles) in three seconds. No biggie.

reading the title yeah...

i can do this too...

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Originally posted by shots

I guess you didn't notice that you still got points for voting no.

No not really I do not care about the points. I prefer to vote on a story based on structure, forum rules and content.

I am with others on this one, I happen to think that some vote just for the points and that is not the purpose of voting.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I kinda gathered the five points for voting was just a token bonus to kick-start the process; to spark that little bit of "might as well, got nothing to lose and a little bit to gain" interest. Like getting a free fridge magnet for participating in a survey. I doubt anyone would be doing it for the points gain. Besides, you get more points overall for spamming the boards with Terri Schiavo posts.

top topics

join