It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Canadian Passport info..... Help!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
My youngest son is living in Canada with his fiancé....he is to leave May 3rd as that is when his paper is up. He had to buy a round trip ticket and is supposed to leave at that time....he is wanting to stay longer and needs to know how to go about getting a passport "while still there".....he is wanting to stay there for six months and then he will be able to legally work there...anyone with info please U2U me....seems it would be easier for him to obtain a passport while there rather than have to come back home and then get one and go back....

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The problem is he has to get a passport from the American gov't. Does he really need one? Where abouts is he living?

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
LadyV....What country is your son a citizen of?
Is he over the age of 18?
And where does he live...besides canada?

I can seriously help, I work in an Embassy, I just spoke to our consular chic and she ask the above Q's

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Risky_Bizness

I can seriously help, I work in an Embassy, I just spoke to our consular chic and she ask the above Q's

He'd be American. The reason I asked is because you don't need a passport to travel back and forth between our two countries.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Risky_Bizness

He'd be American. The reason I asked is because you don't need a passport to travel back and forth between our two countries.

If he's American he don't need one.....If he's not American:

He needs to go to the Canadian Consular/Embassy at whatever country he is in and apply for a permanent fiance visa...once they get hitched depending on the relations between canda and his country his he simply does paperwork and is allowed to live there.....A fiance visa is usually for upto 2 years...hope this helps...If you need more info U2U me

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
he can goto the american consolit. there is one in downtown toronto. my father got his there over a year ago. be warned you aparently have to call and make an apointment now to get into the building. i believe it is on university ave just south of queen st.(what i'm not sure of if the street is university i drive by landmark).

i am not sure how long it will take to procure a passport though it may have to be sent to the embasy in ottawa or something. but the fact is it can be done.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Oh yeah one more thing....If he is far from an Embassy/Consular office he can mail in the application in most countries....

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by drogo
he can goto the american consolit. there is one in downtown toronto. my father got his there over a year ago. be warned you aparently have to call and make an apointment now to get into the building. i believe it is on university ave just south of queen st.(what i'm not sure of if the street is university i drive by landmark).

i am not sure how long it will take to procure a passport though it may have to be sent to the embasy in ottawa or something. but the fact is it can be done.

He needs to go to a Canadian Embassy/Consular office...If he's American then why would he go to one of his own country? (sorry to sound so rude)

He can mail it in....thats his best bet...it takes a couple weeks tops.

He needs permission from Canada not the US.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Here is a good place to start

Canadian Embassy in the US

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
This one is better..sorry

Link here

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a passport is issued from the country where you are a citezen of. it sounds if he is in need of a landed imigant status or a visa. canada's main gov website is canada.gc.ca from there you can go to immigration or most other government offices i warn you it can be a bit anoying to use it took me 2 hours to find imployment insurance offices neer me though.:bash:

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
To those that have U2ed me...thank you and also to those that have answered here......He is American (Native). He is living in Kingston, Ontario. He really needs to get this togather cause otherwise he will want to come home here for a bit.....LOL ughg!!!!!

top topics

join