It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside the ABC News UFO Documentary Hoax

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I really meant professionally/scientifically abducted and studied. As far as the mice go, at least they're not immobilized and are able to jump off the burner.

Actually, it was the bottom of their cages that was heated. No escaping from that. These are so-called professionally conducted experiments. I remember reading about it at ATS. A fine member named Monk wrote an essay about it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Back to the alien discussion.
(Side note: I love reading your posts, Dr Love, and find that I agree with a lot of your thoughts and opinions!)

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Bangin

Thank you. I'm all choked up now!

Yeah, I guess those mice are just flat out screwed.

Peace to ya

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I think in response to this excercise in biased journalism, an honest documentary style attempt to catalogue Extra Terrestrial activity should be made. And not only focus on legitimate cases, but catalogue the numerous hoaxes as well to contrast and compare for the viewer.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
It might have been honest, but it was produced by ignorant people who have done little research in Ufology. They should have let someone who knows a great deal about the subject produce the show. Then it would have been something to move us closer to disclosure. We need a documentary on national TV to push the boundries, otherwise it doesn't do anything but produce high ratings for ABC...

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I've actually started it somewhat with my Case for Roswell threads.
I try to mention the unreliable witnesses as well, and point out why I consider them as such.

It'd be nice to see a journalist take the approach though.

One could focus on reports by pilots, military, etc.
Then go to cases with actual documentation, such as the Battle of LA, Roswell, Rendlesham, etc.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I don't think anyone has posted this link in this thread, and if someone did, I apologize in advance, but Stanton Friedman has shot back at this slightly skewed special.

www.v-j-enterprises.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I was thinking the same thing Stanton Friedman alluded to in the linked
article above.

The whole production was likely just a front to collect information on the
UFO phenomenon from the people who know the most about it and with
their full cooperation. It would be very interesting to find out exactly where
this information went after it was collected. It is not really a secret that
CIA and NSA operatives sometimes act as "news" reporters.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I think a definitive Documentary needs to be done in repky to the Jennings Propaganda. They should not just catalogue authentic cases, but showcase confirmed hoaxes as well just to compare and contrast.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by meshuggah1324
We need a documentary on national TV to push the boundries, otherwise it doesn't do anything but produce high ratings for ABC...

That's just it, it didn't produce high ratings on a national network no less. What makes you think that a more accurate documentary shown on a smaller cable network is going to do any better? It's going to have to be a smaller cable network because a national network certainly isn't going to show it. Who do you think the people are going to trust more, ABC or a smaller cable network??

Peace

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Well, Stanton T. Friedman's Essay noted the Roswell Special by Unsolved Mysteries made higher ratings than the Jennings special. Unsolved's ratings increased upon a second airing.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I think what is needed is a show that will get people to look into the subject matter further. The show should promote good sources as well as ones to stay away from. If you recall, there were no sources given for anyone to follow up on in the PJ special.

I got started myself by watching The UFO Files series on the history channel. It is outdated, but a newer series on one of the big 3, in primetime might generate some interest.

Edit: spelling

[edit on 3/31/2005 by rwatkins]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by rwatkins
I think what is needed is a show that will get people to look into the subject matter further. The show should promote good sources as well as ones to stay away from. If you recall, there were no sources given for anyone to follow up on in the PJ special.

I got started myself by watching The UFO Files series on the history channel. It is outdated, but a newer series on one of the big 3, in primetime might generate some interest.

Edit: spelling

[edit on 3/31/2005 by rwatkins]

I think my interest in UFO's started with an episode of In Search Of hosted by Leonard Nimoy in the 70's about the Walton abduction. At that time it had just happened recently.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join