It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OOBE Speedbump

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwen

Originally posted by Lenina
I've been trying every night for three months to put my body to sleep and not my mind. It seems to go well for the first 15 minutes or so, I feel very relaxed, start to see people or places. Then once it starts to progress, I hear somthing, like a door slamming or some other sharp noise. It pulls me right out of my experience every time. I can't be sure whether these sounds are are in the physical world or otherwise, but I can say that everytime I begin I am in a quiet house with no noise worth noting.

If anyone else has had this problem, or has a method to overcome it, please let me know.

U2U me if that is more comfortable for you

It's possible your Subconscious is thinks you are not ready or it may not be a good idea for you.

Fear (of the unknown) is the most popular reason why an OOBE is not successfull. Find what it is that you are scare of and why it does....Then visualized it fading into nothingness...and/or release up to your 'Oversoul' or your higher self...

I took this quote below, from 'Children of Dune' movie/book...

Fear is the mind killer, [you must] face [your] fear and let it pass through [you]...

[edit on 4-4-2005 by mwen]

PLease Don't answer topic without reading the intire thing

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
What got me past the Physical into the Astral and thru all the "noise"?
safe efective,earplugs

Yes, that was the last bump for me....exterior sounds. I minimized them with earplugs....internal sounds and hallucinations are common while attempting to achieve complete relaxation...
learn to minimize your brain reaction to your created stimulus and external stimulus. your body is not accustum to complete relaxation conciously and "things" will burst up within you to interupt yourself....thats terrible isnt it? reduce minimize and then totally eradicate your reaction to the stimulus with (sorry) practice.
Last night I got out, It was great...Im beginning to have them closer together and know when a night will be good for me because of my level of relaxation going into bed.

Well, my dog was SnoRing and that is usually a "forget about AP tonight" sound....Well boy, did I not only get out, but I got out without getting stuck and then I was able to spontaneously arrive outside without walking/floating flying there...I zapped myself to 2 more locations and got to enjoy the flight until I thought about my physical body and then, Oh F...Back in! That was it...I got close again but got distracted and went right into dreammmmmmmmmssssss, which was just fine too.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Well, its been a coupla days now... no one has responded... I think this threads had its max. So can some OOBErs share there experiences?

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Your own frustration is often times your biggest block. My best advice is enjoy the journey and you can learn from everything that goes wrong. Just be positive.
Also when learning to AP avoid heavy foods and stimulants (I.E. caffeine and nicotine) It helps alot.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
i have been trying obe,s for a while but cant seem to get out how long should i lie down and relax my body for

oh an the rope techniques just doesnt happen for me any tips or advice

top topics

<< 1   >>

join