It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OOBE Speedbump

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I've been trying every night for three months to put my body to sleep and not my mind. It seems to go well for the first 15 minutes or so, I feel very relaxed, start to see people or places. Then once it starts to progress, I hear somthing, like a door slamming or some other sharp noise. It pulls me right out of my experience every time. I can't be sure whether these sounds are are in the physical world or otherwise, but I can say that everytime I begin I am in a quiet house with no noise worth noting.

If anyone else has had this problem, or has a method to overcome it, please let me know.

U2U me if that is more comfortable for you

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I also have almost atianed an oobe. I would not mean to do it, but sometimes I would be reading, drowsy, or really relaxed and then I would seem to fall through what ever I was lying on, or jolt myself upwards, with absolutly no control of my movements, Or it would seem like some one violently shook my place of resting. I have always suspected that it was different layers of consciousness having oobes, instead of me having a concous one: having my subconcous go have oobes.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
That was how my first one occured, I was reading a book and started to fall asleep. Shortly after, I talked to a friend of mine and she gave me some websites to look at, from then on I was facinated.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I too am just a youngen at this and everything but I find the best way to relax is not to picture yourself in a place where you would never be like a silent room if that's not what you're used to I find the best for me is to even imagine a little white noise in my head kinda like studying silence doesn't work.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Some times I do that. I also try to create rooms and areas of my mind, having each serve a specific function, like one room having a series of levers and knobs, which "turns on" the ability to have oobes and stuff. And other rooms, containing bottles of medicine, when you "take" them, you feel their emediate affects.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Well............a 'noise' like a rushing howling wind is MY doorway into the OOBE process.

I can share this link www.abovetopsecret.com...'

wich is a long thread....jam packed with tecniques from alot of people. Many links to OOBE sites. You might find the info contained therein to be helpfull.

Best of luck in your quest!
I spent YEARS trying to OOBE with zero luck. Started when I was about 14, and it took untill I was 41 for there to be any results, and I still required outside assistance.
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Editing ~TRYING~ to get the linky worky

[edit on 30-3-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
For me it was a hovering noise, but, man I cant here it anymore, it was a one time deal for me, back in Feb. The noise really doesnt help you OOBE, it just helps you focus alot, and focus + sleep = OOBE, because your mind is in that mode...lol you know that mode...of conciousness and awareness

OOBE is a great experience, and is a real adrendline rush when you're getting out of your body.

and theRiverGoddess, lol give us youngin some hope, I'm 16, hopefully, I can do it before im 41. But, aren't my generation special so we can everything quicker or something? i dont know...lol...but im just blah...

But, anyway I feel really confident I can achieve OOBE conciously by the end of highschool, all I can say is we'll have to see, I might be wrong, I might be right. I just all come down to dedication...and devotion..

Oh yea Lenina, or anyone who wants to learn how to OOBE should sign up for a free 9 week course of learning how to OOBE at www.mysticweb.org... , course start April 11th

[edit on 30-3-2005 by skyblueff0]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
www.astralpulse.com
www.astraldynamics.com
Also try getting a book called Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce

The sounds you heard are designed to keep you out of the astral planes. Ignore them

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I curious and very open-minded Billing, why does the sounds keep you out of the astral plane? I mean I not saying your wrong, but now I'm getting to hear both side of the storyy

See some guy told me that the sounds doesnt help you project directly, It just helps you focus, and by focusing you can astral project....

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Sounds like Slamming Doors, People calling your name out, People walking are negitive sounds. They distract you. In order to project you must have a very relaxed body. People who are in a light-trance and are not experienced with altered states of consciousness tend to tense up when such sounds occur.

There are plenty of beings in the lower parts of the Astral Planes that do not want you there. The reason is because humans are so incredibly strong. In the Astral Planes, your creativity controls everthing, and we have a constant supply of etheric energy from our physical body via the "silver cord".
E. Energy + Creativity = What ever you want
However if you chose to misuse your energy and say go hunting for these "demons" you will get attacked by increasingly stronger ones, until one day you will either break down and go insane, kill yourself or kill your loved ones.
Also because of the spiritaul development that can occur when you find things out in the Astral Plane, these beings want you to stay here, in the Physical Plane.

If you do get attacked by "demons", 1. Demand that it leaves or you will take proper action to defend yourself.
If it stays 2. Imagine yourself holding a Big rocket laucher or whatever (I perfer energy balls) and fire at the "demon" . You can request help from other beings, like say Jesus, Buddha, Krishna, or even a cartoon character, and they will help you.

Dont worry though, the chances of being attacked by a negative entity are about 1 in circa 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999. Make sure that when your in the Astral Planes, you dont have any negative emotions like hate and fear. It's best to feel uncoditional love for all beings.

And remember HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 31/3/05 by Billing]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Well, I read an ebook on a website that was u2ued to me (thanks for that btw) And I ignored the slamming sound. And I think it worked. I'll tell you what I felt, if any of you are experienced with this, let me know if it was obe.

First I heard the slamming, which I ignored
Next came kind of a buzzing/shaking feeling and sound
Then I felt like I was falling out of bed, I opened my eyes and I saw my bedroom from the perspective of the floor,
I just looked around a bit, maybe for a minute or so. then kink of felt pulled. And next i opened my eyes and I was tightly wrapped in my blankets on my bed.

What do you all think? Is that the way it normally feels?

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Yes, the feelings that you described are the ones people usually get when they have a concious OOBE

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
may i have a copy of the ebook whoever sent it.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The fastest way I have found is also somewhat difficult, but if you've got a strong mind, it works...

After you have reached you most relaxed state, try to sit up but don't move your body. It sounds strange, and at first you will probably twitch but keep trying and it will work. The only strange side effect I've had from this method is that I've accidentally levitated myself. I didn't realize I did it, but all three times I did it someone was there next to me that saw it happen... I get a little seasick when that happens.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Levitated? wow, that's amazing, it's a feat all and of itself!!

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I don't see a purpose for levitating. Plus it doesn't feel good. I don't recommend it, unless there's a good reason I don't know about. lol

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Yes, but I'm sure it's somthing people still strive for. So to them, it's a great feat.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Interesting. I too have been trying to achieve consious OBE. I have experienced a strange dizzyness when I try to concentrate too hard sometimes. I have yet to hear the noise and shaking. I enjoy hearing about your experiences so keep up the good posts. thanks.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Actually, Lenina, I have never had a concious oobe. I have tried to though. I had a very wierd expierence when I did. I got relaxed, did the whole excercise thingy, and got to the piont where my mind was awake,but my body was asleep. Then my sister came into my room, and interrupted me. I tried to ignore her, hoping she went away. And then, when she spoke, through my closed eyes I saw her, but not in color; y'know how you get lightshows after a while, when you close your eyes? well, the bursting light formed recycling 360 degree images of my room, above me below, beside me, even behind my head. When my sister talked, I "saw" her voice richochet of the walls of my room, illuminating the outlines of my room, forming a picture of the room in my head, but from all angles. It was pretty neat; I didn't hear any noise though. It seems that I didn't have an oobe, but an echolocative thingy, where someone else made the noise. sometimes I can do this, but it only when I'm concentrating hard enough, I can only make 3d rotating images in my head. It was pretty neat, but I have never really achieved an oobe.

Edit: Kinda like in the Daredevil movie, huh?

[edit on 4-4-2005 by Kushi_Master]

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lenina
I've been trying every night for three months to put my body to sleep and not my mind. It seems to go well for the first 15 minutes or so, I feel very relaxed, start to see people or places. Then once it starts to progress, I hear somthing, like a door slamming or some other sharp noise. It pulls me right out of my experience every time. I can't be sure whether these sounds are are in the physical world or otherwise, but I can say that everytime I begin I am in a quiet house with no noise worth noting.

If anyone else has had this problem, or has a method to overcome it, please let me know.

U2U me if that is more comfortable for you

It's possible your Subconscious is thinks you are not ready or it may not be a good idea for you.

Fear (of the unknown) is the most popular reason why an OOBE is not successfull. Find what it is that you are scare of and why it does....Then visualized it fading into nothingness...and/or release up to your 'Oversoul' or your higher self...

I took this quote below, from 'Children of Dune' movie/book...

Fear is the mind killer, [you must] face [your] fear and let it pass through [you]...

[edit on 4-4-2005 by mwen]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join