It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merging Like Topic Threads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I was just wondering, does anyone have the ability to merge like topic threads? I mean rather than lock a whole topic thereby eliminating a thread of conversation, wouldn't it be nicer to merge the threads together?

[edit on 28-3-2005 by Reptilian_Queen]

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
this could get "messy"...

if a topic was discussed already, the one that was posted first usually stays...

then the author of the locked or deleted one, can post his / her info. in the original thread...

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
To tha best of my experience around ATS, there is Almost a sub thread from an original topic discussing a different angle, or new information. Mixing "Like" threads together would only confuse the path of discussion.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The rules for mergers and acquisitions would have to defend minority topics from insidious attacks by topics that have grown so powerful as to be monopolistic.

The Story Of The Crimson Permanent Assurance has much to offer to this examination.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
^
Says it all, really.

Similar threads are similar, not the same. There's usually a nice advantave to one over the other, and once the general idea is met, there are further explanations, ideas, theories, thoughts, questions, etc. that just wouldn't survive the combination.

Also, makes it a real pain to find things you once knew existed. And what do you call a merged thread?!

[edit on 3/28/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

new topics

top topics

join