It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(The lost women in military thread)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I would be remiss if I did not point out that if thermonuke doesn't straighten up I'm going to have to take away his cookies AND his chocolate milk.

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Yes William I had Bob88 remove it because of the lack of intelligence in this thread.

Posted By FreeMason

Maybe we should have you removed for lack of intelligence. And...
arrogance...
ignorance...
idiocy...
Do you REALLY want me to go on?

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
Hey you judged unfairly, as always, I had plenty more to write as I was continuing to read deeper and deeper.

You need to close your legs, you should never have had any children. I feel sorry for what ever soul has had such a curse.

I have a question to the moderator of this forum. Why doesn't FM have a warn for this totally unacceptable, obnoxious, disgusting, repulsive and well....we can't even begin to measure...offensive statement?

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Red rags to a bull, in every sense of Valhall's post...

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Those comments were below the belt.

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Yeah literally david since I don't see where I wrote them.

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I'm sorry. But the blatant favoritism that is playing out in this forum is unacceptable. I currently have two warns against me that there is absolutely no APPARENT reason for...

HOWEVER, FreeMason's quote has been posted to this thread two times now. And that post is absolutely an affront.

Why has this even taken more than 1 minute to resolve?

Exactly which moderator is so enthralled by FM that they cannot act either responsibly or equitably?

[Edited on 20-7-2003 by Valhall]

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 01:18 AM
link   
...okay, I find this VERY interesting...Posted by Kitty

posted on 19-7-2003 at 12:55 PM Post Number: 119124

Hey you judged unfairly, as always, I had plenty more to write as I was continuing to read deeper and deeper.

You need to close your legs, you should never have had any children. I feel sorry for what ever soul has had such a curse.

...yet then there is this, posted by Valhall:

posted on 20-7-2003 at 11:52 AM Post Number: 119935
quote:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a question to the moderator of this forum. Why doesn't FM have a warn for this totally unacceptable, obnoxious, disgusting, repulsive and well....we can't even begin to measure...offensive statement?

...but wait, it gets better...FM:

posted on 20-7-2003 at 02:34 PM Post Number: 120030

Yeah literally david since I don't see where I wrote them.

Hmmmm...seems someone is editting replies and then denying they ever happened. I can advise you Valhall, and FM, that this matter has been brought to the attention of the Admin/Mod Forum. And if there is substance to it, then warnings WILL be given...

Given that FM was allowed back onto ATS with the understanding he would play nice...I would also assume that would be taken into account as to whether or not a Warning is adequate.

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Bob 88
try looking here
i may be totally wrong

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Since FreeMason has abused his ability to edit his posts, that ability has been removed.

It appears he has been taking advantage of this feature to post drive by insults... insulting a member while that member is online, then removing the insult after they have seen the post.

This activity is frowned upon, and is the cause of his two new warnings.

Note to FreeMason: further abuse of members and or forum features will result in an immediate banning without warning. Your recent actions have erased any goodwill from forum staff that may have existed.

[Edited on 20-7-2003 by William]

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 07:20 AM
link   
William

'drive by insults' - a very apt piece of terminology.

ATS might also consider a 'drive-through insults bar' - cyber-version of the classic Monty Python sketch. Just pull up, collect your mindless insult (free of charge!) then enter the day with a renewed zeal for avoiding mindlessness.

Maybe FreeMason could be the full-time barman?

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Why has this even taken more than 1 minute to resolve?

Because, even though we have an increased staff, it's impossible for all posts to be constantly monitored. However, when we do notice, and decide to take action, it is always swift (see above).

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   
womensissues.about.com...
==========================================

see what the women in there think about it

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 10:55 PM
link   
No moderator is enthralled with me, Valhall you are abusing public opinion by trying to enrage the public.

1) I had Bob88 remove the ENTIRE thread, it had become such a disgrace.

2) I did not abuse my editing "privledges", I edited that post as soon as I could hit backspace to it, and long before you ever posted your "quote".

3) Now would that be a quote using the "quote post" option, or just typing [.quote][./quote]?

At least I can say truthfully I never said that, I would love to see you in a lie-detector answering number three.

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 11:34 PM
link   
2) I did not abuse my editing "privledges", I edited that post as soon as I could hit backspace to it, and long before you ever posted your "quote".

Ummm... if you say this....

At least I can say truthfully I never said that, I would love to see you in a lie-detector answering number three.

Why did you say this????

A bit contradictory, no?

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 11:38 PM
link   
this thread =

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I have the right to claim I never said it for it was a thought, quickly posted, and then 15 seconds later, removed.

The intent was for NO one to see it, I had wrote it down in heat of anger, and promptly upon posting, was disgusted with it, and what you see there NOW, is what was always there.

Just because Kitty was fast enough and at the right time to glimps a thought that I had later abolished, does not mean it was an intended insult.

Last time I checked, we were not in Oceania, and there are no Thought Police.

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I have the right to claim I never said it for it was a thought, quickly posted, and then 15 seconds later, removed. Posted by Freemason

I have no words for this.....

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Neither do i Dragonrider, but i do have a wonderful pair of acronyms!

STFU
GTFO

Work them out on your own.

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
I have the right to claim I never said it for it was a thought, quickly posted, and then 15 seconds later, removed. Posted by Freemason

I have no words for this.....

I do.
If you'd been standing face-to-face with Val and this thought had popped in your head, that internal decency filter most people have should have caused the thought to stay in your head.
I mean, were this a conference rather than a message board, you probably would've gotten punched by Val herself for saying it, not to mention a few people in the large crowd who heard it.
Every time you get warned, banned, or otherwise in troube, it's because you post something inappropriate that no person in their right mind would say to someone's face.
Learn to NOT post in anger.
Learn to pause a moment before posting in a heated discussion to READ OVER what you've just typed. If you wouldn't say it to the person face-to-face, don't farking type it.
It's easy to have big steel balls on a message board.
If you're so intent on staying and being a member of this board, treat your posts as part of an actual conversation.
That's certainly easier than all these constant bannings and multitudes of screen names.

-B.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join