It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Fox Blocker' sales spur (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The "Fox Blocker" is a little cable filter that blocks the Fox channel. The creator's justification for creating this is that Fox has a conservative journalistic bias and it is more opinion than news. As of March 26th, the creator has sold a little over 100 pieces.

story.news.yahoo.com
It's not that Sam Kimery objects to the views expressed on Fox News. The creator of the "Fox Blocker" contends the channel is not news at all. Kimery figures he's sold about 100 of the little silver bits of metal that screw into the back of most televisions, allowing people to filter Fox News from their sets, since its August debut.

The Tulsa, Okla., resident also has received thousands of e-mails, both angry and complimentary — as well as a few death threats.

"Apparently the making of terroristic threats against those who don't share your views is a high art form among a certain core audience," said Kimery, 45.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I am shocked that this has been "invented". This could seriously affect fox and its income. I will not buy it but for those of you who do, it's $8.95 and it is available online. This is the official site of the “Fox Blocker”: www.foxblocker.com:81...

Who would like to buy one and why?

Related News Links:
www.suntimes.com
abcnews.go.com
www.dailystar.com
www.kron4.com

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
This is silly, I mean just dont turn the channel on. Also most TV's have the abilty to block channels as it is.

It just someone tring to make a quick buck off the people of america.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Maybe I am a tad old fashioned -- but spending $9 for something to block the channel when you can just not watch the channel is a bit odd. Of course, that said -- I wish I had invented it as he will probably sell enough to make some decent money from it.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Already covered here

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
i can post it again right???

i thought we can have double topics or whatever...

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Listen up, folks, there's another amazing new device called the "Channel Changer"! It's technology previously unknown to the public at large that actually allows you to CHANGE THE CHANNEL! No more feeling trapped, for hours on end, watching a channel you don't like. No more whackaday lobbying to get channels banned from networks. Now more wasted money on expensive V-Chips and Channel-blockers, or having to figure out that complicated TV manual ever again! Yes, folks, for a low low cost of absolutely NOTHING you can now change the channel you are watching.

The Channel Changer comes in two fantastic options. For the health-conscious indivitual, there are a set of nobs or buttons on the TV itself, as shown in this easy to follow diagram:

But what about Grampa? He has trouble moving, doesn't he?
How can we expect him to have to get up every time he wants to change the channel? We can't. It's inhuman! It's cruel and unusual!

Well now even Grampa can enjoy the Channel Changer too!
Hooray for technology! Our state-of-the-art research labs have developed what we call a "remote controller" for the TV that will allow him to switch away from that offensive eyesore with a mere flick of a button, all from the comfort of his easy chair!

What will it cost?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! IT'S ALREADY BEEN INSTALLED!!!

How is it possible?

MAGIC. BUT NOT EVIL SATAN MAGIC. THESE REMOTES ARE POWERED BY JESUS AND TWO AA-BATTERIES!

You mean I can change my channel right now? This instant?

YES!!!

Hooray for technology!

INDEED.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
hahaha...

these people should get IO...

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
It is SO scary to me that there are people living in this world that have such small brains. Doesn't evolution filter people like this out?

So there's a channel that you can't stand... imagine! Most cable systems now come with something in the area of 200 channels, and you can't stand ONE of them.

I guess Fox's opponents finally realized their argument to shut down Fox News was violating the first ammendment they claim to hold dear. Shutting down a news outlet because you disagree with them? Barring someone from speaking simply because you think what they're saying is trash? Last I checked they had the right to spew all the trash they wanted in America?

So the "Fox Blockers" moved on to this. I think it's hysterical. I think the inventor deserves an award for ingenuity but a summons for cruelty to animals. The fact that someone would pay 9 bucks for a device that blocks a channel that he could simply "not watch" amazes me and makes me wonder if perhaps we did descend from primates.

Intelligent people are fully capable of sifting through all the garbage on the air and watching something they deem acceptable.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
The fact that someone would pay 9 bucks for a device that blocks a channel that he could simply "not watch" amazes me and makes me wonder if perhaps we did descend from primates.

No way; primates are way more intelligent.
They've got the best jobs on the planet, and they didn't even have to fill out a job application. All they have to do is lounge in trees, eat bananas, have free love, and have decent arm at flinging poo, and they live a very satisfying life.

Humans, on the flip side, get so bent out of shape about the fact that their TV (a luxury item) has a channel they don't like, that they can't even figure out how to use a channel up or down button.

It sickens me.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   

It is SO scary to me that there are people living in this world that have such small brains. Doesn't evolution filter people like this out?

Haha...You'd think and hope that, but unfortunately, evolution no longer works in Human Society, due to increasing healthcare etc etc. Not there is anything wrong with this, but that means that those that would not usually win the "survival of the fittest" contest are still roaming around, bumbling about and waiting to die (and apparently unable to work out the remote)......

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Evolution still works in human society, it just crawls for long periods of time, surges during war time, and relies on sexual and social selection the rest of the time. It's a fascinating topic, evolution, it's really not simple, but it is sublime.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Well, I have two responses to this:

1: Those weak-willed cowards. So afraid to hear from the other side that they actually have to BLOCK it from coming on their TV, instead of just not turning on the channel. Oh, or maybe it's for the kids. Heaven forbid your kids get to hear what the other side has to say. No, no, no. Be sure to turn them into mindless little automotons who do whatever they're told and have no way to defend it. This explains why so many political conversations with people who fear the Fox News Channel or other conservative sources so quickly degrade to insults -- they know what they believe, they just don't know why.

2: Hypocrates. They say fox is more opinion than news and that it has a conservative bias? I'll bet these are the same people who think that NPR is a fantastic news source and should adopt the slogan, "Fair and Balanced".

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I'm going to simply continue using the device I've always used for this....the remote control...

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I'm going to simply continue using the device I've always used for this....the remote control...

good...

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Oh my God! My remote has an off button!

I just used it and I already feel smarter. I don't feel hypnotized. Now what the hell am I going to do?

Where's that on button?

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
The "Fox Blocker" is a little cable filter that blocks the Fox channel. The creator's justification for creating this is that Fox has a conservative journalistic bias and it is more opinion than news. As of March 26th, the creator has sold a little over 100 pieces.

story.news.yahoo.com
It's not that Sam Kimery objects to the views expressed on Fox News. The creator of the "Fox Blocker" contends the channel is not news at all. Kimery figures he's sold about 100 of the little silver bits of metal that screw into the back of most televisions, allowing people to filter Fox News from their sets, since its August debut.

The Tulsa, Okla., resident also has received thousands of e-mails, both angry and complimentary — as well as a few death threats.

"Apparently the making of terroristic threats against those who don't share your views is a high art form among a certain core audience," said Kimery, 45.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I am shocked that this has been "invented". This could seriously affect fox and its income. I will not buy it but for those of you who do, it's $8.95 and it is available online. This is the official site of the “Fox Blocker”: www.foxblocker.com:81...

Who would like to buy one and why?

Related News Links:
www.suntimes.com
abcnews.go.com
www.dailystar.com
www.kron4.com

this guy is too retarded to figure out how to remove the channel from his tv's or vcr's or dvr's add/delete feature.

he probably has to buy a new car each time he needs an oil change.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I think this is like the pet rock, completely stupid asinine idea, but hey, people bought them, so they will buy this! People have sold PUBIC HAIR on ebay, why not this? Hell, I wish I could have invented it, money baby! ( dollars each, and 100+ sold, so close to 1,000 dollars so far!

top topics

join