It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Fans of Mexican Soccer Team Shouts Osama and Throws Objects at US Team

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Personally, I'm not seeing a problem with this.
They did the same thing last year. *shrugs*

seekerof

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Just chant 'pershing' back at them.....

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums

You know... sometimes I watch those shows on TV that broadcast insane things going on. Like crazy police chases and the like. Sometimes they show riots at soccer games. Something like a hard hit, or a missed goal, or a poorly called penalty can lead to a full scale riot at these games. Wasn't there once a story about a goalie who lost the game for his team and was then murdered?

If I remember correctly, it was the Colombian goalkeeper who was murdered after a game played against the USA. He wasn't killed by a disgruntled fan, more like the Columbian mafia after he stuffed up their betting sting.

Originally posted by jsobecky
I guess the Mexicans take their soccer (not football) pretty seriously

erm, 'soccer' is 'football', the name soccer comes from Association Football. I presume your referring to the USA version which is played predominately with the hands. So 'football' is hardly a correct name. 'Pointy Ball' or 'Hand Ball' would probably be better.

Originally posted by dgtempe
This has nothing to do with racism. I, myself am Hispanic.

This is about a nation and ungreatfulness on their part.

Racism? Ungratefulness? It has nothing to do with either! Chanting and goading the fans and players of the opposing team is all part and parcel of the game! Has been for decades! If it was me and opposing fans chanted 'IRA! IRA!' against England in a match England lost, Id be far more bothered if we lost, than getting my panties in a bunch over a few silly chants.

Having said that, monkey chants and banana throwing is never acceptable. Unfortunately a big problem in continental Europe, as England found out against Spain. Thankfully we don't have that (I guess theres some, but nowhere near as bad) in the English game anymore. Probably why the English Premier league is the best in the world

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ridcully

If I remember correctly, it was the Colombian goalkeeper who was murdered after a game played against the USA. He wasn't killed by a disgruntled fan, more like the Columbian mafia after he stuffed up their betting sting.

It was Escobar, a defender in the 1994 world cup who scored in his own goal and caused colombia to lose against the U.S. in that game. I still remember that game.

Probably why the English Premier league is the best in the world

Uhm.... No... La Liga, Bundesliga and Serie A are just as good. When was the last time a British team won the champions league or uefa cup??? 1999

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Uhm.... No... La Liga, Bundesliga and Serie A are just as good. When was the last time a British team won the champions league or uefa cup??? 1999

I hear what your saying, but I was talking about the league(s) as a whole, rather than individual teams. Though I must admit to be highly biased!

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ridcully

I hear what your saying, but I was talking about the league(s) as a whole, rather than individual teams. Though I must admit to be highly biased!

Though i love English Premier League for it's attacking brand of football, i think that Serie A is better in term of teams.

Having said that though, i would rather watch a match of EPL then any other football match because it's much more fluid and attacking. In the end, if it comes down to entertainment, the EPL wins handsdown for me.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay

Originally posted by CAConrad0825
Also, lets just look at history: The year is 1917 and the US has been isolated during the conflict in Europe, but the Germans knew that they would eventually join the conflict. So, they sent a coded telegraph to the Mexicans pledging German support for the return of the South West US to Mexico. British Intel however, cracked the code and told the US (sacrificing months and months of hard work) thereby drawing the US into the conflict and saving Europe.[edit on 28-3-2005 by CAConrad0825]

Deny Ignorance. The Zimmerman Telegram was not sent to the Mexicans, but rather was a "message sent from the German Minister in Mexico to the German Ambassador in the U.S."

German to German, Herr Conrad. A threat to wage illegal unrestricted submarine warfare against Americans, English, Mexicans, or any other nationality unfortunate enough to be in the crosshairs of a U-Boat. An attempt to drive a wedge between two North American brothers- the US and Mexico. A ploy rejected by the Mexicans:

Of all the major European powers competing for influence in Mexico, the Germans were one of the most conspicuous in their attempts to shape Mexican policy. It is all the more surprising, therefore, that virtually none of their objectives ever reached fruition, and even the negative achievement of avoiding conflict with the United States was completely demolished by the proposals of the Zimmerman Telegram.

Mexico is a Catholic Nation. The US has no stronger ally in resistance to Islam than Mexico, a few besotted football fans notwithstanding. As Hispanics, we have been in resistance against Islam for 1400 years.

Visit Cancun, or just buy a Corona at the corner grocery. Mexico has and has always had the best interests of the Americas at heart, because we live here. We are the Native people here, and we aren't going anywhere. You all are welcome to stay with us; but please don't confuse us with your enemies, who are also our enemies.

Relax. Calm down. Enjoy the beer.

So i need a history lesson. That does not change the fact that there is a grave security threat so that we can allow some people from another nation to supposedly only bring over Beer, Taco's and cheap labor. Mexico does not like America except for NAFTA. If the US shut that down Mexico would collapse.

America should shut down NAFTA because it offers little to no benefit except to make the US somewhat look nicer by having international welfare.

Being a catholic nation does not make it an ally against Islam. This is not a holy war, rather a war of political ideology where religion is used as a weapon. True muslims are not associated with the Terrorist movements.

Finally, I apologize to the N0081E. I did not mean for this thread to become a harbor for ignorance or racism, and I hope that you will stay with ATS. This is a rare occurance and will be taken care of if you report it to a moderator. Enjoy your time here!

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I was flipping through channels on monday night and I stoped at WWE monday night raw. I use to be a big fan of wrestling but I dont watch it any more and I wanted to see what was going on. They had a Arab American on and he was giving his speach and the crowed kept yelling USA USA and boeing the man just because he was Arab. I dont know the full background of that character but it just shows that in sports the fans can be very nasty.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   

So i need a history lesson. That does not change the fact that there is a grave security threat so that we can allow some people from another nation to supposedly only bring over Beer, Taco's and cheap labor. Mexico does not like America except for NAFTA. If the US shut that down Mexico would collapse.

America should shut down NAFTA because it offers little to no benefit except to make the US somewhat look nicer by having international welfare.

Your missing the point that your government knows only too well.

Mexico cannot collapse, America would have millions of people on it's border if Mexico collapses, that is why everything is being done to prop up Mexico. Your dollars are not going to waste, there are going to prevent Mexico from being a problem to the U.S.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Killak420
They had a Arab American on and he was giving his speach and the crowed kept yelling USA USA and boeing the man just because he was Arab. I dont know the full background of that character but it just shows that in sports the fans can be very nasty.

That's just a Vince McMahon plot capitalising on current affairs, that's all.

And by the way, while I can't do much about it...... I don't like the ignorance that was shown in this thread.

[edit on 30-3-2005 by TheBandit795]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
That's just a Vince McMahon plot capitalising on current affairs, that's all.

And by the way, while I can't do much about it...... I don't like the ignorance that was shown in this thread.

[edit on 30-3-2005 by TheBandit795]

Hey, arn't you like a SuperMod, can't you guys do anything and everything???

I mean, you can pretty much mod any forum you want right?

[edit on 30-3-2005 by rapier28]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The posts are not really violating the T&C. We can only try to guide people into posting more intelligently and with less ignorance.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapier28
Your missing the point that your government knows only too well.

Mexico cannot collapse, America would have millions of people on it's border if Mexico collapses, that is why everything is being done to prop up Mexico. Your dollars are not going to waste, there are going to prevent Mexico from being a problem to the U.S.

They already are. It is not our responsibility to be a crutch for another country and that is what we are being. The US has only a responsibilty to ourselves. Look at our system: The Feds are overstepping their bounds left and right (Social Security and Activist Judges) and our people are dependent on an outdated collapsing system. Our tax dollars could go to finding a way to support our seniors or educate so we don't need a social security system, not helping another nation.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Our tax dollars could go to finding a way to support our seniors or educate so we don't need a social security system, not helping another nation.

Or destroying them either.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
This is nothing new.. I agree with the above posts. Football fans can be very hostile, especially in some European countries. Untill now, the teams have just had to deal with it.

My cousin who plays for AC Milan for example gets booed everytime he touches the ball in games against Lazio Roma. Because he's black. Other black players have been greeted to monkey chants before and have had banana's thrown at them. No joke.

Now thats just sick. Plain sick.

People like that are the lowest form of life n the planet.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Yeah they are but they have a right to say what they say. It's funny how we go and say things like you cannot say that that is racist, or blashphemous but in the end our consititution allows for it. It's a slippery slope blocking out certain ideals. You never know when total loss of freedom of speech will come.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join