It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Vigilantes' set for Mexico border patrol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 05:02 AM
link   
"From 1 April, groups of volunteers from across the US will spend up to a month camped out in the inhospitable Arizona desert

[...]

While the volunteers insist they will simply "observe" the new arrivals' movements and alert the US Border Patrol, human rights groups fear the eruption of vigilante violence."

news.bbc.co.uk...

The BBC go on to quote the founder of the Minuteman Project:

"It is "a grassroots effort to bring Americans to the defence of their homeland", he says, which is "devoured and plundered by the menace of tens of millions of invading illegal aliens"."

So, is this strong, direct action to show leadership and a move to protect democracy, or irrational xenophobia (or are the issues just not that straightforward) ?

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   
i saw another thread about this yesterday

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 05:35 AM
link   
drogo
Yesterday? I don't suppose you have a link? I just posted a story to ATSNN from a news source that was brand new, regarding the conflict between MS-13 and the Minuteman group, is that what you're thinking of? Was the story similar to mine? I don't want to post duplicates, but I didn't see anything on ATS today or yesterday similar to what you're talking about. Was it just general border policy, or immigration gripes, or something non-specific like that?

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   
hmm i can't find it perhaps it was something i read in a thread then.
my apologies then as i apear to have been mistaken

top topics

join