It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Arizona Civilian Border Patrol Targeted by MS-13 Gang Members

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Last week five illegals gang raped a woman that lives in my City in Ohio. They will most likely just be deported and will no doubt illegaly cross the border again. It seems like if you are an illegal you get to not pay taxes, get free health care and a get out of jail free card.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Unfortunately rape occurs from people other than illegals. If security was better this victim would be in alot better situation though. I remember a case in NY where a women was raped by illegals who were once arrested on other charges and then let go back into the community instead of deported. I don't remember if they killed her or not, though I hope her/her family sued the crap outta the government. There is no excuse for things like that happening.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Really...lets get to the gist of the issue here......Does anyone know what the fsatest growing religion is South of our own U.S Border? Anyone put together just why Islamic Terrorist are seeking out M-S 13 youth gangs to assist them.
Well I'll give you a little hint.....just type in Latino Muslims on any search engine and see what you come up with......I'm sure you will be able to add one and One together after that! Now about all those innocent people sneaking across the border just looking for work......hummmm!

Personally I don't care about the lawabiding folks who need work coming here, but until we are able to discern them from the those that intend to harm citizens of the U.S I would say close the border completely. I'll pay a little more for my lettuce or strawberry's for a while!

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
cafeman
Way to tow the party line there buddy! Good job. Now retreat back into your tent of hate, I have something to say.

Christians always have, and always will, represent the VAST majority of people in South and Central America. The cult of Mary is HUGE down there.

Most Mexicans are Catholics. Most South Americans are Catholics. Can you guess what most central Americans are? That's right...

So give the stereotypes a rest okay? Muslim and terrorist are not synonomous.

You've been watching too much televsion.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I live in Arizona, I know ALOT of Mexicans, most of them are good people. I have yet to meet ONE Mexican muslim. If there is any real link between MS-13 and Al Queda, it's a monetary one. Coyotes will bring anybody across the border, anybody who pays them. It doesn't matter if you're Hindu, Jewish, Muslim, Satanist, etc. Have money will smuggle. As for MS-13 targeting the civilian border patrol, I think they're just displaying the typical bravado that gangbangers always do, I doubt they'd be that stupid. If Mexican nationals start killing American civilians patrolling our side of the border, in these times, it will not go over well for them. The American public will go crazy, and the military would have to get involved and they certainly wouldn't be openly operating in the U.S., like they do now, any longer.

[edit on 31-3-2005 by 27jd]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
cafeman
Way to tow the party line there buddy! Good job. Now retreat back into your tent of hate, I have something to say.

Christians always have, and always will, represent the VAST majority of people in South and Central America. The cult of Mary is HUGE down there.

Most Mexicans are Catholics. Most South Americans are Catholics. Can you guess what most central Americans are? That's right...

So give the stereotypes a rest okay? Muslim and terrorist are not synonomous.

You've been watching too much televsion.

WyrdeOne:
I am not sure which partyline I am towing by pointing out some facts. I think you may have misread my post....seeing as you are so used of dealing with some "real racist" on this site please review my post again!

What I said was this: What is the FASTEST GROWING RELIGION south of our border. That does not mean the largest...but the FASTEST GROWING" There is nothing racist or demeaning in that statement of fact.

Also Please indicate where I ever said the Muslims equal terrorist.....Although one must admit that the media would have you believe that if you only deal with surface issues.

Personally, I know for a fact the madras schools in Saudi Arabia and such lean heavily on wahabiism, which is the fanatical form of Islam, and the area of which we should concern ourselves. Wahabbism seems to target the youth,
hence you have your teenage suicide bombers who are brainwashed by this type of teaching.

The wahabist sect has indeed branched out and has tenicles in Africa as well as South America.....therefore it might behouve us to take note on some issues that are transpiring South of the Border.

That was the intent and nature of my original post, perhaps I should have expanded a bit more....However if you still see it as racist or that I have some fanatical agaenda other than keeping my family and loved ones as safe as possible......then so be it!

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
cafeman
Thanks for clarifying, I apologize for biting your head off preemptively.

The radical muslims make up a small percentage of total muslims, just as fringe Christians make up a very small percentage of Christians. Most religious people are hobby religious, not fanatical.

Generally I mistrust any fanatics, Christian, Muslim, otherwise.

The chance that Mexico or South/Central America will breed legions of fanatical muslim suicide bombers is pretty slim in my opinion, due to three factors.

1. They have no ancestral connection/geographical relationship to the prohet Muhammed.
2. The revolution du jour in South/Central America is the cult of the winged serpent, a native revolution focusing on indigenous rights.
3. There are few, if any, fanatical muslim indoctrination centers (schools) in the region, whereas there are literally thousands spread out across the middle east.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
I live in Arizona, I know ALOT of Mexicans, most of them are good people. I have yet to meet ONE Mexican muslim. If there is any real link between MS-13 and Al Queda, it's a monetary one. Coyotes will bring anybody across the border, anybody who pays them. It doesn't matter if you're Hindu, Jewish, Muslim, Satanist, etc. Have money will smuggle. As for MS-13 targeting the civilian border patrol, I think they're just displaying the typical bravado that gangbangers always do, I doubt they'd be that stupid. If Mexican nationals start killing American civilians patrolling our side of the border, in these times, it will not go over well for them. The American public will go crazy, and the military would have to get involved and they certainly wouldn't be openly operating in the U.S., like they do now, any longer.

[edit on 31-3-2005 by 27jd]

Does the name Jose Padilla mean anything to you! I agree that MS-13 and Coyotes will transport the highest bidder of the day across the border. The fact that you have not met any Latino Mulsims does not mean they don't exist....And I am not saying that Latino Muslims are ALL Terrorist...simply that this is an trend that is interesting to note considering the situation we find ourselves in regardiing border security. I also know a Latino Mormon....another anomoly...but I digress!

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by cafeman
Does the name Jose Padilla mean anything to you!

No more than Johnny Walker. I was just saying, I have never met a Mexican muslim, even though it's fastest growing religion south of the border. That's all. I think there would be far more Mexican mormons than Mexican muslims.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   

cafeman
Thanks for clarifying, I apologize for biting your head off preemptively.

The radical muslims make up a small percentage of total muslims, just as fringe Christians make up a very small percentage of Christians. Most religious people are hobby religious, not fanatical.

Generally I mistrust any fanatics, Christian, Muslim, otherwise.

The chance that Mexico or South/Central America will breed legions of fanatical muslim suicide bombers is pretty slim in my opinion, due to three factors.

1. They have no ancestral connection/geographical relationship to the prohet Muhammed.
2. The revolution du jour in South/Central America is the cult of the winged serpent, a native revolution focusing on indigenous rights.
3. There are few, if any, fanatical muslim indoctrination centers (schools) in the region, whereas there are literally thousands spread out across the middle east.

WyrdeOne:
No problem...I just wanted to clarify.....
I must agree that fanatics of any faith are a dangerous breed. Regarding the fact that "legions of suicide bombers" might spawn from south america....all it takes is 19......if you believe the Government line on what really happened on 911! But that is another issue entirely! BTW Venezueala is'nt too happy with our Govenment right now either! Just a point!

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Most of South and Central America is decidedly unhappy with us at the moment.

They're sick of our tendency to support government approved death squads. They're sick of us giving helicopters and training to hit squads. They're sick of having their land raped and pillaged by foreign energy concerns. They're sick of puppet dictators and the destruction of traditional indian ways of living.

They're sick of our ways, and our meddling, and our insensitivity. Generally sick of us.

The native people's revolution has crossed from coast to coast, from south to north, it's pretty much all over.

We're fighting a pitched battle against saboteurs and kidnappers in most countries where we operate natural gas refineries. We're constantly vying for influence against the Russians, who have courted quite a few South American countries, principally Venezuela.

The Venezuelan president has said he has more in common with Castro than Bush.

I think it's a pretty much foregone conclusion that they are trying to change their way of life, and kick our capitalist butts out.

That being said, capitalism isn't all bad, and it is salvageable. We need to work together with our neighbors to better face the future.

I think a meritocracy would suit all needs perfectly. Extravagances for those willing to work hard in professional fields, and basic subsistance for those who are incapable or more inclined to paint, or write, or play the flute. It's possible with modern advances in robotic manufacturing, low cost concrete dome homes, urban hydroponics and fish in a barrel.

We're so close to utopia, I can smell it....

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   

...unfortunately for them they are prohibited from carrying rifles, only sidearms will be allowed. Obviously, no such restrictions have been placed on the soldiers contracted by MS-13. This is a volatile situation, to say the least.......................................................................................................................,1. the fact that they aren't allowed to patrol with rifles 2. the fact that they will have to contend with American protesters in addition to hired killers 3. they are receiving no official back-up from our government 4. they have been instructed to light fires and make noise, to make their presence known - this is a very big mistake, and they would have a much better chance at survival if this action was conducted ambush style.

I hope it doesn't turn out the way it think it will. I'll just leave it at that.

Why cant they carry rifles? That is insane. Any connected criminal can get his/her hands on an automatic weapon and all kinds of rifles. How many deaths at the hands of gansters will it take before the can arm themselves suffeciently.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Indeed South America does have a right to be upset.....This is one reason that I was so upset by the appointment of John Negroponte as the Top Intelligence person. Did'nt win any friends with that move! If I remember correctly, Negroponte was the "death squad czar" when he was Ambassaor! Oh well clearly we need to do more to either mind our own business and become more self sufficient as a nation or expect more of the intense hatred directed our way because of the continued misteps by successive American Administrations.

I like the Meritocracy idea.......

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
jrod
I agree, it's lunacy. They should be allowed to carry scoped hunting rifles at the very least. It would even out the playing field somewhat.

cafeman
I agree that Negroponte was a slap in the face to all those who have followed his career. If I were Columbian or Nicaraguan, I would be fuming right now. This administration has been more blatant about their allegiances than any other in history. They are showing everyone just what sort of power they believe they wield.

It may backfire spectacularly. Stay tuned for what is shaping up to be a hell of a show.

(I think the whole thing is a setup by the way, this administration is a lightning rod, and the resulting storm has been wonderful to watch. Bush is 'Temporary' for a reason, wait for the next installement, it will be conspiracy gold. He will come bearing an olive branch, a wolf in sheeps clothing. He will speak on behalf of the people, and the people will embrace him, for all the right reasons. What he does with that power will be up to him.)

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
So far this event has been all hype and no fireworks.

A handful of illegals were spotted and detained without incident after a call was put in to border patrol.

The AZ General in charge of a nearby base expressely forbade his troops from taking part in the excercise/protest.

Fewer than expected people showed up, initial estimates were in the thousands, and actual attendance, on the first few days, appeared to be in the hundreds, perhaps as few as under a hundred.

So it's good there haven't been any catastrophes, we've only got 3/4 of a month to go.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
It is good that nothing other than bringing the media's attention and as such the attention of the american people to the problem. Maybe the bandaid fixes, be replaced with actual attempts to control the flood

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   

A handful of illegals were spotted and detained without incident after a call was put in to border patrol.

You call 148 a handful? Interesting

Fewer than expected people showed up, initial estimates were in the thousands, and actual attendance, on the first few days, appeared to be in the hundreds, perhaps as few as under a hundred.

Over 450 signed up and they did not all sign up for the whole month that is why it appears to lower then expected.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Is 148 the recent total? That's pretty impressive. Last I heard, only 1 group of 18 had been spotted by minutemen and subsequently detained.

If that number is accurate (a source would be helpful) then thanks for bringing it up. I apologize if I misled anyone, it wasn't intentional.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
If Americans and the government aren't willing to fight to preserve their borders they won't have any.

Is this exposing a horrible shortcomming of the Federal government.

Wasting time in Iraq.

Excuse me, our border with Mexico is NOT secure.

WE ARE BEING INVADED BY ALIENS!

NO JOKE.

puts GWB on the side with the GANGSTERS.

[edit on 5-4-2005 by slank]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Is 148 the recent total? That's pretty impressive. Last I heard, only 1 group of 18 had been spotted by minutemen and subsequently detained.

If that number is accurate (a source would be helpful) then thanks for bringing it up. I apologize if I misled anyone, it wasn't intentional.

I had the one source earlier today when I had intended to start a thread just for daily totals, but at that time I came accross the article on the Army saying no to their troops that wanted to take part. I then posted that one and forgot the other.

I did however find this

Reports vary from news sources that are camped out in the desert with the citizen patrol, but at least 120 illegal aliens have been apprehended and deported by the U.S. Border Patrol due to tips from the Minuteman Project. Each volunteer woks an eight-hour shift so the project can run a full 24-hour watch.

Source

I will keep looking for the other link I had that stated 148, but this one shows it is clearly 120 which is still a good number, considering the fact on the first day they only had 18 or something like that as a figure.

To be honest I am not sure if this is the same link with a corrected total so I will keep looking for the figure of 148 just in case

[edit on 4/5/2005 by shots]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join