It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting picture on the F-117 site!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 04:22 AM
link   
www.f-117a.com...

Check this out! it supposedly crashed at Groomlake? what could it be?!

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 04:40 AM
link   
It looks like the highly vaunted TR-3B.

Is it meant to be flying? Is it on the ground? Is it even an aircraft? It could even be just something like a stadium even.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Id say it will probably remain unidentified.

If I was to guess it would be the Have Blue Prototype on a night flying mission. Notice the illuminated region underneath the craft where it appears there’s a flat region with parts sloping upwards towards the wings.

Although the landing gear seems a bit too forward on the fuselage on the Have Blue. But looking at the original picture the landing gear looks unnaturally too much to the rear suggesting this could be a flying wing concept where we are looking at this from a very acute angle. B2 equivalent of the Have Blue project? – who knows.

[edit on 28-3-2005 by Vanguard]

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   
My guess will remain on the TR-3B

for the people too lazy to go to the link:

[edit on 28/3/2005 by GrOuNd_ZeRo]

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I think its a relative of the 1st gen of stealth aircraft. Anything newer we would be seeing continuous curvature to attain stealth - that underside shows flat panels.

Just look how far back that landing gear is??

[edit on 28-3-2005 by Vanguard]

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   
closest thin out of groom lake remotely like rhis is a 90 degree squared off flying wing. only seen pictures recently. this apears to be a triangle. also what apear to be landing struts are the brightest lit, all in all very interesting. also very straight edged and angled do not see any sign of roundness or curves to it.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
That looks like the F-117 to me. the front landing gear door is the giveaway., as well as the shape and angle of the nose. The two lights on the top are also in the same location as the visible lighting you can see when it is on the ground. Also at the time of the reported crash (1987) the F-117 was not public knowledge yet.

But maybe that is the TR-3B.. i have to squint a bit

top topics

join