It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof In The New Testament That People Of Other Faiths Can Be Saved

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
@Wren
The bible also warns against blind faith. (Psa 32:9; 1Th 5:21; and numerous verses in which it says to love with all your mind.)

Concerning the topic, consider how the following may apply to those who are not Christian:

God loves all men: sinners, saints, just and unjust. (Mat 5:43-48)

All shall stand before the judgment seat of Christ. (Rom 14:10; 2Cr 5:10)

Not all sins which were forgiven were asked to be forgiven. (Luk 7:37-48)

All manner of sins will be forgiven. Blasphemy against the Son of man will be forgiven; blasphemy against the Holy Ghost will not. There is forgiveness both in this world and the world to come. (Mat 12:31-32)

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997

[quete][Now...WHY would you want me to not use the bible?]
Hay there,
I am not sure if this question was to me, but my question was retorical, I just wished to make a point of all the terrifying deeds comited in the name of Christ useing the Holy Book as justification with out the guidence of The Holy Spirit.
Life Bless
WrenLittle

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Why is it that so many 'christians' have to take portions of the bible sooooo darn literally!? It is FULL of metaphors etc and yet people will "burn in hell" because they're non-believers? No way.....God is Love. Its THAT simple. Why people have a dire need to fill others with dreaded fear by quoting metaphors or misinterpreting - I will NEVER understand.
God = Love. Therefore: Love as God loves. Its so simple yet so many seem to want to put all sorts of obstacles in peoples way of easy belief.

Keep it simple people! Faith and religion would be SO much easier if people didn't complicate it.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I believe we agree, I am sure that Our Creator is so compassionate that we are all considered worthy,Christian or not.
I myself have become so disgusted by the arrogant selfrightious manner of many orgininized churches or belief systems that I just stay away.
Has Lapi7 found an answer to his question?
Life Bless
WrenLittle

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I consider myself a Christian and I certainly adhere to many, if not most, of the tenants of Christianity -- and yes I can do so as a Christian. Christianity is not an easy thing to follow. But this is an interesting topic as I believe that Christ himself answered the question. When Jesus was on the cross, he was crucified between two criminals. One of the criminals, as Christian tradition and the Bible tells us, started to hassle Christ, taunting him (as if he didn't have enough to worry about, being crucified and all). The "criminal" on the other side of Christ (Christian tradition identifies him as Damien) came to Christ's defense by telling the other crucified criminal that Christ was an innocent man. At this, Christ told Damien that he would be in Paradise with Christ. Clearly Damen was not a Christian and, yet, Jesus saw him fit to enter Heaven. In my view, it is clear that the criteria for Salvation is far more than the sum total of one's actions and thoughts in life. It has more to do with what is in the soul and heart.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
The "criminal" on the other side of Christ (Christian tradition identifies him as Damien) came to Christ's defense by telling the other crucified criminal that Christ was an innocent man. At this, Christ told Damien that he would be in Paradise with Christ. Clearly Damen was not a Christian and, yet, Jesus saw him fit to enter Heaven.

It's a little misleading what you wrote. The second thief put his faith in Christ for removal of his sins. That's why he went to paradise.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Hello Wren,
Hope you are well!
Yes, I have received my answer. It is displayed in the content of this thread. The verses you supplied (Mt. 7:20-23, 25:31-46, Lk. 13:25-29) are also an answer to this question. However, perhaps I should have inserted the two words "IS THERE" proof...?" when naming this thread. It is very tough to answer questions such as the one I originally posted and ones such as this:

"Do you believe that when Christ uttered "It is finished" and the veil in the Temple was rent from top to bottom...that on that specific day where all across the world from Asia to the North and South American continents thousands upon thousands of people died hours after Christ did on that same day...they are all screaming and writhing in burning sulfur hell fire for all eternity because they didn't "accept Christ" who just hours ago finished the Supreme sacrifice? What happened to them?"
At least one of several "Christians" had the courage to admit that it was a tough question to answer and that he wasn’t sure.
I would still welcome other OPINIONS to this question.

I did not receive an answer to two other questions I asked in this thread.
(slightly edited)

#1) I am Jewish. I received Jesus as my personal Lord and Savior at age 16. None of my beliefs have changed since then. I have received Christ. I have been baptized. I believe that apart from Him can no one be saved...however, even though I believe in His death, and bodily resurrection...even though I believe that one can only be saved by grace through faith in His shed Blood...even though I truly believe all of this with all my heart...In your OPINION am I not truly "saved" because I happen to believe that the Blood of Christ might in fact cover the sins of people of other faiths who love others according to the way Christ taught?

#2) Based on Catholic theology which I assume Pope John Paul II believed in (along with the Blessed virgin being the Co-Redeemer of Christ) In your OPINION is he "saved" or has he gone to hell? PLEASE...COULD YOU JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION? (I know it's very difficult and goes against every fiber of your being for you to provide a simple answer and I'm probably just waiting my time however, I believe this is a chance for you to prove me wrong by just SIMPLY answering the question...please.
In your OPINION...is he in blissful heaven with Christ...or is he writhing in pain in eternal hell fire?

I did not receive a SIMPLE answer to that question either.
Anyway, it is my OPINION that there are going to be a lot of people in heaven that Christians did not expect to see!

[edit on 27-4-2005 by lapi7]

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Hi lapi,
You are an intrigant soul, so many questions, but I'm happy to se you are back and in good shape
I have to sleep on this
WrenLittle

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by lapi7

In your OPINION am I not truly "saved" because I happen to believe that the Blood of Christ might in fact cover the sins of people of other faiths who love others according to the way Christ taught?

#2) Based on Catholic theology which I assume Pope John Paul II believed in (along with the Blessed virgin being the Co-Redeemer of Christ) In your OPINION is he "saved" or has he gone to hell? PLEASE...COULD YOU JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION? In your OPINION...is he in blissful heaven with Christ...or is he writhing in pain in eternal hell fire?

I did not receive a SIMPLE answer to that question either.

[edit on 27-4-2005 by lapi7]

I answered before although not with yes or no. You are asking for a simple yes or no answers to questions that need to be backed up with fact and expanded on. But anyway.......

Question #1 can people of other faiths go to heaven without accepting Christ/can people love like God does. Answer to both, NO

Question 2 Is John Paul 2 in heaven NO

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

I pray you are not judged as you have just judged.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raphael_UO

That is why when you are talking about answering questions concerning salvation and the Bible you can't answer with a simple yes or no. People go to heaven or hell when they die. Why is that, what sends them one place and why do some go to another. You can't answer these types of questions in one word.

Now is it possible that John Paul 2 is in heaven, yes. My no answer, is based on what the catholic denomination says leads to salvation. Could JP2 really have placed his faith in Christ alone simply followed the rituals of the catholic church even though he didn't believe this himself, it's possible.

I'm not being a stickler on this just about catholics. Example, is Billy Graham saved, it certainly appears so and my guess for him would be yes, but only God knows for sure. If Mr. Graham bases his salvation on anything other than Christ and what He has done to remove sin, he would not be saved either.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   

You should pray for time to read the bible instead

Mat 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Mat 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Mat 7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
Mat 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Mat 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Mat 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997
You should pray for time to read the bible instead ...

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Reading is fundamental. But understanding what is read is far more important. I pray that when you read, the holy spirit fills your heart and mind with understanding.

What is the "will of my father"?

And when I read, I find the "will of my father", is based on one of two things.

Mat 22:37-40 (KJV)
Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

These are the tables on which all other rules and divine inspiration sit.

The bible teaches many lessons on love (agape).

Such as one of the verses I referred to earlier in this thread:

Mat 5:43-48 (KJV)
Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more [than others]? do not even the publicans so? Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

But the most powerful verses on love (agape) is found in 1Cr 13:1-13. Though the KJV translates agape as charity in these verses instead of love, the message is clear.

I'll quote only the climax of the chapter, but I suggest reading the whole of the chapter. It is in this climax we find the importance of the discovery of God's perfect love (agape).

1Cr 13:10-12
But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

I tell you now, it is by comparing God's perfect love with the fruit of the tree that one may discover the truth of the goodness of that fruit. Love (agape) does not have conditions. It is the conditions placed on love that are the sins that are to be avoided, for all law is based on love (agape).

@dbrandt

All that you teach of salvation sits on the tables of God's perfect love.

John 3:16 (KJV) (Emphasis added)
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

[edit on 30-4-2005 by Raphael_UO]

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   

[@dbrandt

All that you teach of salvation sits on the tables of God's perfect love.

John 3:16 (KJV) (Emphasis added)
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

OK.........
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM should not perish, but have everlasting life.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   

OK.........
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Did I not explain that all the law is based on love (Agape)? Do you think this part is any different?

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Did I not explain that all the law is based on love (Agape)? Do you think this part is any different?

I am missing your point, would you state it another way?

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Did the pope not believe in Jesus? Am I missing something here?

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simon_the_byron
Did the pope not believe in Jesus? Am I missing something here?

Mat 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Mat 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Mat 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock

This pope endosed evolution
islam
judaism
and the mary demons

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join