It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof In The New Testament That People Of Other Faiths Can Be Saved

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Balaams Donkey
Can you tell me why I should think differently? For I am a foolish and simple man.

I can tell you nothing save that you are loved! And that in my OPINION we Christians may be in for quite a surprize when it comes to those who enter the Heaveanly Kingdom. And those whom we would never expect to have had their sins washed away through the precious Blood of Christ.

As far as being a "foolosh and simple man" welcome to the brotherhood of us all! God Bless Dear friend!

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I can tell you nothing save that you are loved!

Of course we are loved by God, or we would not exist. Now your question was can people of other faiths be saved, other faiths meaning those who reject the faith of Christ, saved meaning entering in to heaven, the Lord tells us how to do this, so how could it be we could find salvation outside of the Lords teaching?

You have we may be surprised later, well no doubt that God, can do as he wishes, but this does not remove his teaching to us. The Lord has told us quite clearly what to do, we should do that, and not worry about things beyond our control.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
It is only blasphemy against the Holy Ghost, which reveals the love of God within our hearts, that will not be forgiven-- neither in this world nor the world to come. Blasphemy against the Son of man shall be. Many sins shall be forgiven of those who love much-- few sins of those who love little.

[edit on 6-4-2005 by Raphael_UO]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Balams Donkey,
I know that this is probably senseless however I suppose I don't learn my lessons very well. In my OPINION it is people such as yourself that lend to the unsaved fleeing in terror when approached with a simple question or are truly interested in seeking the Truth. Instead of receiving a straight forward answer you dance around the question quoting Bible verses and by spouting your so called advanced theological dogmas and answer questions by asking questions of your own!

I will ask you only once. PLEASE... IF YOU COULD JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION ACCORDING TO YOUR CONVICTIONS YOU COULD PERHAPS HELP OTHERS WHO ARE SEEKING!!!!

Here it is: Based on Catholic theology which I assume Pope John Paul II belived in (along with the Blessed virgin being the Co-Redeemer of Christ) In your OPINION is he "saved" or has he gone to hell? PLEASE...COULD YOU JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION? (I know it's very difficult and goes against every fiber of your being for you to provide a simple answer and I'm probaly just waisting my time however, I believe this is a chance for you to prove me wrong by just SIMPLY answering the question...please.

In your OPINION...is he in blissful heaven with Christ...or is he writhing in pain in eternal hell fire?

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
One last thing...I give you my word that I'm NOT trying to argue with anyone. I've learned very well that debating theology is as useless as attempting to empty the ocean with a teaspoon! I would simply like to know your opinion...unless, of course, your'e afraid to answer the question with a simple answer because of the present popularity of the Pope and his recent death. Your direct and simple answer might just mean that you will be unpopular. Are you afraid of that? Is that why you cannot simply give a stright forward answer? I will understand...really...I've been in that position myself in the past.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Hi lapi

Gee...you get so ...upset..
It the Pope in heaven or hell? simple answer please? Since you do not want bible verses quoted, then I can tell you the Lord says, do not judge lest you be judged, right? You have confused my statements of faith and men together, so it is right to take them apart again.
The Pope is a man, how God judges him, is not my business. Where did he go, I do not know. If God wants me to know he can tell me.
Does the Roman Catholic Church follow all of the teaching of God correctly? No. Who does? Does the RCC teach some things that are wrong, according to the Bible, yes. Do I think the RCC is same faith as was handed down by the Apostles? No, this is why I am Orthodox.
I can tell if the dogma, is or is not the teaching of God, but I cannot tell you about the people, that is God's business alone.

Now, I am not asking you questions, nor quoting bible verses, nor am calling you a fool.
So your questions and challenge are answered, let us hear your rebuttal, which you proclaimed at the start of this thread. Not Balaam’s Donkey is a dumb a** which is true, but does not answer the point. You said you had proof that people other faiths could be saved, so rather than have some big fight about all of this, just tells us so we can know why this is true.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
A simple "I don't know" would have sufficed!
I give up: You win....you can even have the last word...go ahead!
(my teacher warned me of this but I did not listen. He once said: "There's no getting through to those to whom there's no getting through."

Go ahead...have at it...

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by lapi7
Here it is: Based on Catholic theology which I assume Pope John Paul II belived in (along with the Blessed virgin being the Co-Redeemer of Christ) In your OPINION is he "saved" or has he gone to hell?
In your OPINION...is he in blissful heaven with Christ...or is he writhing in pain in eternal hell fire?

I know I wasn't the one asked but I feel the need to answer. I have studied what the Catholic theology teaches and what the things mean that are done, along with what the Bible says.

Catholic belief-Mary plays a part in a person's salvation. And you come to Christ through Mary.

Bible- she does not, it is Christ alone who died for one's sins. You come to God through Christ. Jesus is the mediator.

Catholic belief-at mass the priest literally changes the elements into the body and blood of Christ, and that's how one receives Christ. This is a physical act.

Bible-the elements are symbolic, and receiving Christ is a decision made in a person's soul that causes our spirit to come alive and we live out a new life through our body. Just as food and drink supply sustinence to our body and we can't live without them and are dead. The broken body and shed blood of Christ saupply sustinence for our spirit to be transformed from death to life.

Catholic-Christ is sacrificed over and over at each mass.
Bible-Christ was sacrificed once for our sin.

If John Paul II placed his faith in Christ alone for salvation He is in heaven. If he viewed receiving Christ in the eucharist(a form of works a person does for salvation) he is not.

Can anyone on the planet tell where he is, No. Only God knows.

[edit on 8-4-2005 by dbrandt]

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Thanks Dbrandt, I appriciate your opinion.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
....ah....what happens now?

Lapi7????

Your not going to tell us why? Your just going to leave!
Come on we are asking you over and over, we want to know why?

I told you why I believe the why I do and even while you insulted me, now you leave? Come on....tell us....don't be shy

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   
We celebrate each Sunday because it is in Remembrance of Christ and His resurrection.....

Dont we celebrate every year our birthdays?
Do we do this because we want to get old and die?
No we dont!
We do this so that we remember when we were born and celebrate this with friends because we want our friends to share with us our coming into the world(Although I should point out here that when one becomes a Christian and is babtised into the Church, each person receives for him/her self a Saints name ......as Jesus Christ did .....and it is the Saints name that we received at Babtism that we celebrate.....

Now for celebrating Christ ,His Resurrection/Body and Blood/ we HONOUR that day...SUNDAY ......Kiriaki mera(Translated Lord's Day) because Jesus Christ Himself told the Apostles to do this in REMEMBRANCE of Him....if we do not do this, we forget .........we start to stray from what Christ told us that we should do......
We honour Christ the Lord by all the faithful in the Church(Ekklisia ..all faithful in the Lord....not just an exterior building)
We do not make up the rules, but Christ Himself set an example when He chose His Apostles and taught them with words and also when He sat down with them at the last supper......He broke bread and said this is my Body...then wine ....this is My blood.....(this for many may seem pagan but it is not so....when one does not know ...then one can come up with all sorts of answers )

When one is out of the Church and does this because he/she sees fit that they can make up their own rules do as they please, then one cannot be saved ......this goes for all Christians that are babtised and are part of the true church.....
All the above are true and are taken out of the New Testament.......

We live by RULES on what our Government set out .......if we brake those rules....we get punished.
helen...

Forgot one important thing.....Those that are not babtised and have not come to know Christ (faiths of other religions)I cannot speak for them or anyone else but God Himself.......
That's why ''do not judge'' applies to all Christians.....we are ALL called....parable of the wedding feast.......but not everyone enters....

[edit on 4/9/2005 by helen670]

here is why we as Christians should not judge.....pdf....if anyone is interested to read it.it's quite short....Saint Dorotheos of Gaza 6th Century teaching on why we should not judge but God alone .......
www.orthodoxinfo.com...

[edit on 4/9/2005 by helen670]

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
As I said...you are indeed a foolish frightened pitiful little boy. And a poor excuse for a Christian as well as a human being. It is obvious that you are getting a preverse thrill at being antagonistic and smug. As I mentioned...you are a disgrace and afront to the name of Christ...shame on you. Over the years I have known many so called "christians" like you. It is no wonder that the unsaved flee in terror when approached by so-called Christians of your ilk. I will allow you no more sick and preverse thrills at my expense. A wise man once stated: "Whoever angers you controls you." I am sorry to myself and to all who have read this thread for my own short commings and anger. However, I will not allow the "Donkey" to push my botttons any more. A wise man once said: "Only an insane mind trys to make sense with another insane mind" I'll bet that your soul is dancing a jig and that you JUST CAN"T WAIT to reply to this post. God help you! Good bye Donkey. I will not "come out to play" any more!
I will still converse with those who truly wish rational discourse with peace!

[edit on 9-4-2005 by lapi7]

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Lapi7

Proof In The New Testament That People Of Other Faiths Can Be Saved I am a Christian. I believe in all the fundamentals of the Christian faith. However, through study of the scriptures I believe that there is proof in the new testament that people of other faiths CAN INDEED be saved through Jesus Christ without going to church or without "being saved" the way Christians demand one must be saved or by reciting the "sinners prayer" (which, incidentally, isn't even mentioned by Christ nor is it in the Bible!). Does any one want to take the challenge?

What is the proof Lapi??

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Thank you for the simple and kind question. I have alraedy answered it! Please read through the thread and you will see why I (and several other people in our opinion)
believe that people of others faiths might indeed be covered by Christ's Blood and Sacrifice. You are surley free to disagree with my opinion. But please understand that your's is an opinion too. Everyone's is an opinion or denominational inturpretation or else the whole Christian world would not be divided and at war with each other because everyone is insisting "OUR WAY IS RIGHT!!!"

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Lapi7,

Read all of the posts, twice. I saw nothing supporting your claim.

Everyone's is an opinion or denominational inturpretation or else the whole Christian world would not be divided and at war with each other because everyone is insisting "OUR WAY IS RIGHT!!!"

Well, you are claiming your way is right. Right? If you do not believe your way is right, then why are you following it? We all believe there is a right way, because Christ says he is the Truth. Why is it a problem to claim the fact of having the right way? You challenged us to prove you wrong. You said you have proof your way is right. So what is your problem? Please calm down, it is o.k. we can talk it out.

So when ever you are ready I will listen to your proof.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Hey...Loves to argue boy!!!!
Please re-read as a human being!!!!
I have asked for (and mentioned my own) "OPINIONS" at many many times in this thead! ALL YOU WANT TO DO IS FIGHT!!!! IT IS NO WONDER THAT THE UNSAVED FLEE FROM YOUR KIND OF "LOVING" CHRISTIANY IN TERROR!!! I WILL PRAY FOR YOU!!!
(I know...I know..."You'll pray for me also" Thank you...I need all the prayer I can get...even from the spiritually blind arogant so-called christian bullys like yourself. Youre comparrson to Balaams Donkey is an insult to donkeys!!! Thank You. Done!

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Lapi7,

Come on, asking you for your proof is not arguement. Your insults are not proof either.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Boys Boys,
A very late comment. But...
A certain someone is having a great time just waiting for the harvest Matthew 18, 6.
You both sound like Sunday afternoon "barhangers" picking a fight out of boredom.
Now make up AND START USEING THE REMAINING 99% OF YOUR BRAINS.
We have no answers let's admit it, according to biblical deffinition I am a Christian, John 3, 16. but if I have to leave my beloved friends behind on judgement day I know I'll jump that abyss to be with those who granted me compassion in "the flesh".
Is it important what we physically read in the Bible? the good book says(I'll find the qoute, sorry) ....that only by the aid of The Holy Spirit are we able to truely comprehend the message given to us.
We will never know who has the correct (BS word) interpretation, we are according to the Bible, again, absolutely incompetent to deduce ANYTHING on our own. We are ignorants in this manner because the Bible's message and the salvation by God are not based upon logical reasoning but upon faith (Ups the F word), and again faith is NOT NOT NOT something to be achieved but a grant a gift a condition bestowed upon one by.....The Holy Spirit.
Sorry Guys I think I have bypassed the subject or have I ? No, Yes, Jeez I need a computer brake.
Life Bless
Have A Nice One
WrenLittle

[edit on 24-4-2005 by Wren]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The bible makes it clear that there is no salvation without Christ

"Here it is: Based on Catholic theology which I assume Pope John Paul II belived in (along with the Blessed virgin being the Co-Redeemer of Christ) In your OPINION is he "saved" or has he gone to hell? PLEASE...COULD YOU JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION? (I know it's very difficult and goes against every fiber of your being for you to provide a simple answer and I'm probaly just waisting my time however, I believe this is a chance for you to prove me wrong by just SIMPLY answering the question...please. "

I dont know where JP2 is.
I dont expect to see him in heaven tho
He was a false prophet
False teacher
He spoke lies in the name of God, and said that God said him (infallible decree about jews and muslims not needing christ)

Did he repent before dying? Dunno....doubt it tho.
Catholic doctrine leads to hell. THe bible says so.

Jesus told us that many will call him Lord Lord...and he is going to say 'I never knew you".
He gave half of his hope to Madonna, ..the goddess formerly known as Venus/isis/ishtar/astarte. Get esword and do a word search on astarte or groves...then look at the meaning in strongs

Is it any wonder why the world media loves the rcc? Its a church of THIS world. It has no christ. Saying 10 hail marys and 10 our fathers , will not erase sin.
The bread dont change to meat
The wine dont change to blood

Now...WHY would you want me to not use the bible?
Who does that?
Gods Word is Gods love to us. There is only ONE who would want us to separate from it. He cant do it to us...so he would want us to do it ourself.
Know who he is?

hmm... Below...God talks to JP2 about evolution and that 'no-christ doctrine'

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Good ingight Wren...thanks for the post. A wise man is always a voice of peace and reason rather than argument. Thanks for the reminder.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join