It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof In The New Testament That People Of Other Faiths Can Be Saved

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I am a Christian. I believe in all the fundamentals of the Christian faith. However, through study of the scriptures I believe that there is proof in the new testament that people of other faiths CAN INDEED be saved through Jesus Christ without going to church or without "being saved" the way Christians demand one must be saved or by reciting the "sinners prayer" (which, incidentally, isn't even mentioned by Christ nor is it in the Bible!). Does any one want to take the challenge?

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 03:37 AM
link   
well, no because its only 500 years old and false.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Okay...that's fine...you're intitled to your belief's...I'm not going to debate you...you're done! Next...anyone else want to take the challange?

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   
hahahaha...I can't tell whether to agree or disagree with you. If such evidence exists, I would be very interested in hearing it, though.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Hello Babloyi...Before I answer I would like to know if you consider yourself a Christian. What are your basic beliefs in regards to fundamental Christianity? I hope I'm not being too personal.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I don't know if YOU would consider me a Christian. I believe there was a Christ, who came, and tried explaining the true teachings of God, and got into a lot of trouble for it. I don't believe that I should be worshipping Christ though, 1 God is enough!

(Read between the lines...I'm a muslim)

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by lapi7
without "being saved" the way Christians demand one must be saved or by reciting the "sinners prayer" (which, incidentally, isn't even mentioned by Christ nor is it in the Bible!).

John 1:12 But as many as RECEIVED(accept in Strongs concordance) him, to them gave he power to become the sons(and daughters) of God, even to them that BELIEVE(have faith, trust) on his name.

Romans 10:9-10 That if thou shalt CONFESS with thy MOUTH the Lord Jesus, and shalt BELIEVE in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the MOUTH CONFESSION is made unto salvation.

Acts 4:12-Neither is there SALVATION in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we MUST be saved.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
...Er, Lapi, you say there's proof, but you offer none. Can you back this up at all? If so, how can you still consider yourself a Christian if you have proof that Jesus is a liar? ("I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." -John 14:6)

Any yeah, I consider myself a Christian.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
@Jesus Freak and other Christian Bible Quoters!
As usual...if one dosen't agree with your specific Christian theology then they can't possibly be a true Christian and is of course calling Jesus "a liar"
(Good Lord how dramatic can you get?)
I beg you then to answer me this question: I believe the Bible to be the inspired Word of God..I assume that you do too...now that means EVERY SINGLE WORD, right?
I too believe all the scriptures that you have quoted. No one can be saved without Christ. All salvation is through Jesus Christ...for all who believe. It's Scriptually obvious taht anyone who confess with his mouth and believes in his heart is indeed saved! Whoever hath the Son hath life. Whoeverhath not the Son hath not life...absolutely true! However, is it possible to have salvation through Christ and have his shed blood cover the sins of those in other faiths who may not receive Him in the way that you demand He must be received?
1 John 4:7 (I'll use the King James Version so that no one can say that used the "wrong" Bible!) "Beloved, let us love one another:for love is of God; and EVERY ONE that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God." If you believe that the Bible is indeed the Living Word Of God then you must also believe that EVERY ONE who truly loves is born of God and knows Him! Now, are you telling me that there is not a human being who has ever lived or lives now of another faith who has not loved in a true Godly way? If you admit that there are indeed those of other faiths that have loved unconditionally then according to Gods own Word (1 John 4:7) then they are born of God and know God. Or do you believe (like many other Christians who have been stumped by this) that ONLY Christians have the capability to love! Answer Please!

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Just one more thiught...I suppose that even though I have received Christ (the correct Christian way) at age 16 and believe Him to be my personal Lord and Savior and that apart from Him can no one be saved...even though I believe in His death, and bodily ressurection...even though I believe that one can only be saved by grace through faith in His shed Blood...even though I truly believe all of this with all my heart...I suppose I'm not really saved and that you'll pray for my TRUE salvation simply because I see in Scripture (as shown in my last post) that people of great love of other faiths might also have their sins covered by Christs' Blood (even though they might not know it) ...is it your belief that I'm not REALLY saved...is that correct or not?

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I'm your huckleberry.
Good ahead, pull that pistol.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Hi Lapi7,
Math. 7, 20-23 ,my favourite
Math. 25, 31-46
Luk. 13, 25-29
Thank you for starting this thread.
Life Bless
WrenLittle

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
@Wren,
Wonderful insight...great scriptures! Thank you for being open. Like yourself I have also used Matthew 25:31-46 as proof that ALL those who truly love have their sins covered by the Blood of Christ. Even though I still believe that man is ultimately saved by God's grace through faith and not of works. (Eph 2:8-9) The good works (love...and all the other fruits of the Spirit) are a direct RESULT of being saved! Notice here in Mt. 25 Christs' own declaration: that the prerequisite for entry into heaven is based solely on ones love for other people. Even though people of other faiths may not take it in the litteral way that most Christians do...they have indeed "received Christ". It should be quite obvious to any reader that Christ is basically stating that we prove our love for Him through our love for other people.

[edit on 29-3-2005 by lapi7]

[edit on 29-3-2005 by lapi7]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
In the first part of 1 John 4 God tells us that we have to test the things we hear. If we hear something that sounds good we have to do one more thing. Find out that sources stand on Jesus Christ. If that source does not acknowledge(confess/believe Jesus alone as the basis for salvation. And not only that but that Jesus is our salvation, and that man has a sin problem that had to be dealt with and was dealt with on the cross) that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh to take upon Himself the sin of the world it is not of God. If that source says that man's sin problem can be solved some other way(or they may even say man has no sin problem) besides Jesus Christ who has already come and become sin for us it is not of God. If they deny who Jesus is they are not saved.

Verses 9,10,14,15 reaffirm that sin was taken care of by Christ. God is saying here that mankinds sin is a problem but that problem was answered by Christ's death and resurrection. 15 specifically says someone shall(requirement or obligation) confess that Jesus is the Son of God(That title has a mission with it that must be believed) then God dwells in Him, otherwise God does not dwell in them.

This really isn't about the capability to love. God is telling CHRISTIANS(emphasis) that we need to love one another. He's saying that love is a fruit that should be evident in us.

There are alot of verses in 1 John that clearly say faith in Christ is a prerequisite of salvation.

I have seen plenty of things written in posts by others who are not christians and they say Jesus was a good man or "special" but they draw the line at saying He is needed for mankinds salvation, they deny this. They are not saved.

[edit on 29-3-2005 by dbrandt]

[edit on 29-3-2005 by dbrandt]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
@dbrandt,
Thank you for your imput. However, you have not answered the primary question. I would like a simple "YES' or "NO" if you please. Do you or do you not believe that persons of other faiths can love unconditionaly (Agape love)...yes or no! Thank you!

[edit on 30-3-2005 by lapi7]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   

@dbrandt,
Thank you for your imput. However, you have not answered the primary question. I would like a simple "YES' or "NO" if you please. Do you or do you not believe that persons of other faiths can love unconditionaly (Agape love)...yes or no! Thank you!

No. If you want an explanation, U2U me. You seemed awfully upset with my last response, so I quote responding. However, this one required no justification. If you want it, it will be done on a personal level, not in the public arena.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 02:55 AM
link   
A wise man once said: "Only a coward dictates without an audience"
Do you consider your position to be so weak that you must attempt to convince me of your point of view in private?
It has been said : "You can not give a man something he believes he already possesses." This is a wise saying...therefore I will no longer try!
Your reply is the stance of a man who is very frightened and it speaks for itself...

Would anyone else care to reply?

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   

.... However, through study of the scriptures I believe that there is proof in the new testament that people of other faiths CAN INDEED be saved through Jesus Christ without going to church or without "being saved" the way Christians demand one must be saved or by reciting the "sinners prayer" (which, incidentally, isn't even mentioned by Christ nor is it in the Bible!). Does any one want to take the challenge?

@dbrandt,
..... I would like a simple "YES' or "NO" if you please. Do you or do you not believe that persons of other faiths can love unconditionaly (Agape love)...yes or no! Thank you!

Ahem! ah...you want straighten that out? Cause, you got two questions, there, partner.
Now, I told you if you are freely frogy, jump. Try making your statement real clear.
Next, if you do not want here what someone has to say, why are you asking questions? Calling Jake, a coward and all, don't seem right. You asked.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   

A wise man once said: "Only a coward dictates without an audience"
Would anyone else care to reply?

:
Kind reply, let's continue this talk.
I do believe that Jesus is the son of God, The Lord Jesus rules my life but I don't think Gods infinite compassion is limited.

Wren

[edit on 30-3-2005 by Wren]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   

@dbrandt,
I would like a simple "YES' or "NO" if you please. Do you or do you not believe that persons of other faiths can love unconditionaly (Agape love)...yes or no! Thank you!

No, a human does not know how to love unconditionaly without Christ and even then it's a life long work. I would probably go on to say that Christ is the only one who has loved unconditionaly, which would mean 24/7 in every circumstance. People are faced with many challenges and circumstances and emtions can go from one extreme to the other. I know myself that when one is faced with abuse from someone else even if it's only for a split second PERFECT LOVE is NOT THERE. It was absent for whatever period of time and then love for that person can return hopefully before sin has been done and we have returned the abuse.

Perfect love is a big deal and something only God has accomplished to this point. Perfect love is always there and always unaffected, I don't think a person is capable of having that constant every MOMENT of our life. If it's absent for a second then we don't have perfect love. I think this is a bigger deal than what you even think it is.

I must say this again and really STRESS IT, without the acceptance of Christ for the remission of sins, a person is lost.

[edit on 30-3-2005 by dbrandt]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join