It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crowded House drummer found dead (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 02:36 AM
link   
The drummer for the band, 'Crowded House' was found dead in an australian Park where he apparently hung himself.

www.msnbc.msn.com
Paul Hester, 46, went missing on Friday. His body was found Saturday in a park near his home in the southern city of Melbourne, said Metropolitan Ambulance Service spokeswoman Liraje Memishi.

“I am devastated. I have lost one of my best mates,” former Crowded House singer Neil Finn told Sydney’s The Daily Telegraph newspaper.

Hester, 46, failed to return home from walking his two dogs on Saturday night, said the newspaper on Monday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I wonder if he planned this? He goes out to walk his dogs, and ends up being found dead, hanging in the park. This doesn't sound like he acted on the spur of the moment. What do you think? I don't kow this band, never heard of them, but I'm thinking he was involved in drugs and the death was drug related.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Crowded house was formed by the Finn Brothers Tim and Neil after the split up of their former band Split Enz, who sang such hits as 'I don't know why sometimes I feel frightened" and "I see red' They were an immensly popular group on the Aussie and New Zealand rock scene during the 80's and early 90's.

www.abc.net.au...

another news article.

He will be sadly missed and the band he played in were legends, they did so much for the rock scene here and paved the way for many other bands to be themselves and play their own music.

Postscript: Drugs were not known to be used by this band, that is to say I don't persoanlly know if they used drugs, I've no doubt they smoked at some stage but they were not linked to any drug scandals. They played across all age groups, I have seen them live a few times now....

Legends.... Rest in Peace

[edit on 28-3-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Very sad news indeed. I always thought Paul Hester came across as
a normal average guy in his interviews, more so than a lot of others
in the music industry.
I didn't hear that he hung himself though, and it does seem a little
odd that you would hang yourself in a public park.
I know the park in Question and it just seems a strange place to do
something like that, then again suicide is hardly a normal pastime.

R.I.P

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   
That is a shock. I agree seems like and odd way to plan a suicide in having your pets with you off property.

Dallas

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 04:02 AM
link   
crowded house is a cool band. i listen to them all the time on the net radio channels.

gutted.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   

In a life filled with memorable music, and just as many quips,
Paul Hester was often asked about comparisons between Crowded House and the Beatles. "There's no comparison," he'd say, "there are four of them and only three of us."

Link

top topics

join