It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus just a normal human.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrMarc
If you read various books about the holy grail you will find that jesus is infact a normal human being, he had a wife and children also decendents of his family are still alive today.

One book that you may be familiar with (mainly because it was a no.1 international best seller) is the "Da Vinci Code".

I myself have read it and i found it very informative.

UGH... I can't tell you how sick I am of people reading the Da Vinci code and thinking they know what the hell they are talking about. Why don't you do a little research on the topic yourself. Why don't you start with some speculation of whom the Authors of the Gospels of Phillip and Mary Magdelene truly are. Many believe that The Gospel of John is in fact Mary Magdelene's gospel, only put under the name of John to hide the fact that it was written by a women. Furthermore, from what I have read, I hear Mary Magdelene's gospel was going to be placed into the bible entitled Mary Magdelene's gospel, however, it was decided against because a woman's writting would undermine it's credibility at the time.

Again, I am not saying any of this is fact, but it is something to think about even if it is untrue. I'm sure someone who knows more will fill us all in.

[edit on 9-4-2005 by Ryanp5555]

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
if that was the only book i read sure but i have done alot of research

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Remeber everyone, try to keep the discussion about the relevant works, not about each other. Everyone can allways do more research on more stuff.

From what I undestand, and someone correct me if I am wrong, Holy Blood, Holy Grail is the older 'investigative/speculative' work on the subject, and The Davinci Code is the entirely fictional work, and that author Dan Brown does not try to present it as scholarship.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
This is my first post on ATS so hope I have done it right.

I have read this thread with interest but as far as I can tell no one has raised the point that Jesus may not have existed at all. There seems to be very little factaul evidence to prove his existence. No matter how much you talk about the things he was supposed to have done it doesn't mean he existed.

Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 03:09 AM
link   
true, there is a possiblity he never exsisted but because it was so long ago the only we can never know for sure, we just have the bible to go on

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Moon,

I must say that we have far more than just the Bible to go on. Far more. We have the Tradition of the Church, Lives of the Saints, hard evidence, such as the nails which pierced Christ’s hands and feet, the Cross which he was hung on, the Roman documents, the testimony of the Talmud, the hieroglyphs in Egypt, the miracles of martyrs, Martyrs themselves, the list goes on and on. You, say He does not exist? Why? Why, should I believe you, over the all of the witness, who were there by the way, as you were not. Then we have the Bible, what about this:

Psalms 22:14-16 I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels. My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death. For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.

That was written a long time before Christ was crucified. What, it is just a really odd chance? There is a lot more.

It is like saying George Washington did not exist. Do you really expect me to give up my faith in Christ whom I know, because you say, we have no evidence? Really? I am just going to bow down to your telling me so? Hey everybody, Moon says Christ is a myth so lets burn down the Church. There is no meaning to life, just have sex, and drink beer, till you die. Nothing matters. No one ever answers me on this, why?

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 05:40 AM
link   
donkey you are taking it up wrong, for me personally the question is not did he exsist but was he truely the missah. you see what i cant understand god is all forgiving right so what would sending jesus down to say our sins do. i mean couldnt he forgive us before hand? if he did die for our sins then techinacly speaking there shouldnt be a thing a sin today and what i also cant understand they say jesus is gods son but my bother is gods son too and im his daughter. it just confuses me

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 04:21 AM
link   
yeahhhhhhhhhhhh!
Jumping up and down, danceing, la la la la LLLAAAAAaaaa.

Moon! What is great post!

donkey you are taking it up wrong, for me personally the question is not did he exsist but was he truely the missah. you see what i cant understand god is all forgiving right so what would sending jesus down to say our sins do. i mean couldnt he forgive us before hand? if he did die for our sins then techinacly speaking there shouldnt be a thing a sin today and what i also cant understand they say jesus is gods son but my bother is gods son too and im his daughter. it just confuses me

Your logic is bulletproof and you have touched upon the greatest problem in all Protestant Theology. Untold numbers of books have been written to answer that very question. You are very right if the premise is true, "He died for our sins". But, in the western theological mindset, this in error. I did not know this, until only a few years ago
I will rephrase it in modern English so you can understand the verse, “He died because we are in a state of sin" Not for our sins. Sin means separation from God, not some legal issue. No one before, Christ could enter into heaven before the Resurrection of Christ. The whole understanding of what Christ did is misunderstood in here in the west. Now everyone else is going to attack me for my post here, but I do not care, now I am talking with you and you alone. You are smart enough to ask the million dollar question.

This is a simple discussion to have but always takes awhile. Adam and Eve sinned in the Garden, the sin is the action of separating form God. When they saw they were naked, it means they lost Gods grace. This is why God ask this very strange question,
Genesis 3:9 And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
Oh course, God knew where Adam was in the Garden, he is God. So why the question. God felt the separation of Adam from him, God missed Adam. Just as when you have a falling out with a friend of yours it causes an emptiness in your heart, a longing. God make man because he loves man, he want to be with man in mans heart. God loves man so much he wishes to heal man from his departure from God. This is why the events of the Gospels, to return man to God. Not some silly removal of illegal deeds. All of mans problems revolve around separation form God. Why are we here, how did we get here, what is the meaning of life, I want to be loved, why do we die, and where do we go? Every religion tries to deal with these questions, but the attempt, shows a lack of something, and that something is God, the source of life, love and light. What Christ did on the Christ was give man the ability to rejoin with God.

That is enough for now. It is late.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
thank you donkey that does make more sense now

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I believe that Buddhists, Muslims, Hindus, etc. can find God without Jesus, and that to assume only Christians can do so is elitist and vain. His Holiness the Dalai Lama, and Mahatma Gandhi are two names that come to mind. I can think of but one Christian who is in their league, and she was imho, the saintliest person from any faith,in our modern times.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join