It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus just a normal human.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
of course jesus is just a normal human he lives like a block away from my house

sorry could not resist

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Come on, now, how is YOUR interpretation better than HIS??
After all, ALL the different branches of Christianity have their own interpretations of the Bible, which isn't even CLOSE to the original version. So, how can you say who's wrong and who's right?

Anyway, back to the topic...didn't Dionysus also turn water into wine? And aren't there a lot of examples of virgin births in other religions? Sorry, but I can't say that Jesus was something more than Mohammed, the Buddha, Horus, etc.

Like it or not, there is NO way that we can prove which religion is true, if any. At the same time, I am not taking anything away from Jesus; I think he was a special person. It's ironic to me that he's so misrepresented now...but that ain't my problem, I'm no longer a Christian. I also think that the Buddha, Mohammed, and others were also special people. What gives you the right to say that Jesus was special and Mohammed wasn't...please don't tell me the Bible.

[edit:remove quote, insert header-nygdan]

[edit on 7-4-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
If you read various books about the holy grail you will find that jesus is infact a normal human being, he had a wife and children also decendents of his family are still alive today.

One book that you may be familiar with (mainly because it was a no.1 international best seller) is the "Da Vinci Code".

I myself have read it and i found it very informative.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
On the topic of the brain, We do use 100%.

On the topic of Jesus, well, thats a bit deeper. He had a message and it really stood out in the world. That does make him unusual. Most guru's are shooting stars that fade as quickly as they appear. Jesus had a message that has lasted thru the ages.

The message he had was very inspiring. To be honest, it's hard to argue matters of faith with a man who is dancing with a rattlesnake or drinking strychnine. The fringe branches of the christian churches do just that. If the belief in christainity can bring people to those extremes then i seriously doubt Jesus was just another human being. He may have been human, but his life has led to extraordinary events.

As for the miricles, well, i've seen David copperfield make an airplane vanish before my very eyes. The dude can crack open a peanut and pull out an elephant. Now THATS a miricle. it doesn't mean i'm going to fall onto my knee's and worship him though.

This is nothing more than my humble opinion.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrMarc
If you read various books about the holy grail you will find that jesus is infact a normal human being, he had a wife and children also decendents of his family are still alive today.

One book that you may be familiar with (mainly because it was a no.1 international best seller) is the "Da Vinci Code".

I myself have read it and i found it very informative.

I haven't read it, nor will I, for I have read many texts on this subject that are not fiction, and do not want to confuse fact with fiction. That is the same reason I didn't read the Celestine Prophecies, or see the Blair Witch Project. Too many people assume these fictional works are something more. They would not be in the novel section if they were not fiction.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
How is it fiction? Because you say it is?

It is a FACT that there are thousands of books written on this subject, just because you choose not to belive it doesn't mean that it isn't real.

It is a FACT that you havn't read the text so this makes you ill-edjucated on this subject therefore to me your opinon is FICTION.

[edit on 2-4-2005 by MrMarc]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Supposedly the "Priory of Scion" was created by a group of French figures during the Nazi invasion to gain sides with the Nazis during there occupance in WW2.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Actually, it is fiction because the author says it is
. I don't understand why some people are so insistant that Jesus married and had kids and all. What difference would it have made? Even if Jesus didn't marry, he showed marriage to be a very sacred thing. Nothing unholy about being with a spouse. Adding some little story about him having married serves no purpose. Since Jesus isn't exactly the most well documented person in history (outside of the Bible), it isn't really provable either.

Now if Jesus DID have a wife and kids, it would cause chaos right now. People would hunt down their decendants and start worshipping them. They would draw blood from them, and start drinking it. Jesus said himself that he would not leave anything behind for people worship.
I don't see how blood can be so important. Just because someone is related to someone important through hundreds of ancestors doesn't make them more important. If you are a christian, you would believe that we all came from Adam, and Adam came from dust.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Jesus I believe was human.

Has anyone considered that Jesus may have had a psychadelic experience whilst being out in the desert for 40 days?

It is possible, if he did this 40 day desert thing, that he could have found nourishment in cactus. From cactus you get peyote. I believe it is possible that he consumed this. With this experience he saw God, as so many do whilst tripping. He saw how the world really was, like a curtain being pulled back. Then went to preach to people about this saying I'm the son of god, we are all the sons and daughters of God. Infinite Love is the way forward. Then years later as he was a known figure the churches made him into the special Son of God born to the virgin Mary. They wrote their own version of his life. To make him special as someone mentioned earlier to make the people think that he was different. I always wondered if there was a gospel according to Jesus. What did he really preach? We only Know what corrupt institutions tell us happened. The information given is only information that they release.
The Romans still worshipped Sun Gods when Jesus was alive and only started with Christianity many years later. They then converted and started writing their own version of events. Also changing certain parts of it because it didn't suit them or it was confusing. There were 3 Mary's (Not including his mother) associated with Jesus. In the bible we can see references to Mary Magdalene and no other. Pope Gregory(I think) had the bible to write about only 1 Mary and have her with charateristics of the others. Prostitute was one of them.

Da Vinci Code is a fiction book. Don't get suckered in, like I did at first, and believe everything that Dan Brown writes.

The psychadelic experience is only a theory and I know some people will instantly dismiss it. However it is in the realms of possiblity.

[edit on 7-4-2005 by MrDog]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 04:54 AM
link   
the da vinci code is a book of fact written in a fictious way that is what the authour said, there are facts to what he says go do your research you will find much in that book is true.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
Now if Jesus DID have a wife and kids, it would cause chaos right now. People would hunt down their decendants and start worshipping them. They would draw blood from them, and start drinking it.

Jesus had many parables. Among the parables was his explanation of the 'bread of life' and the 'blood of salvation'. I don't know why (when it's clear he's telling a parable) people have to take it literally. In fact, people DID take it literally the first time he said it! Read John 6:25 - 6:60. I guess that's why Christians are called sheep (literal translation from parable of sheep and goats Matthew 25:21). Does that mean it's a sin to own a goat? According to other parables, I guess that also makes us workers, vine branches, carpenters, wedding guests, mustard seeds, and trees
. He's pretty clear on these things because after just about every parable people say "what do you mean?" and he has to break it down for them. Not because they're not getting it, but because these people have been raised by rule of law, so verbage is very important to them. They try to approach it at EVERY angle. He's trying to get them to break away with what's literally written and have them use their minds and hearts instead of text after text.

Our logic and rationale has not changed over 2,000+ years. We all have the same questions and he has already given the answers. The only thing that has really changed in the due course of history is technology and boarders.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I was exaggerating there a bit. But you never know what some people could do. I mean if some people consider it OK to eat bread and drink wine thinking it is flesh and blood, wouldn't it be even better to do it for real?

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This thread it proof that he is not "normal". No one is going to start a thread 2000 years from now, and say Balaam Donkey was just a real donkey. Something happened when he showed up. A lot of people believed it, a lot of people saw it, and some wrote it down. Seems pretty high and mighty to go saying they are a bunch of dummies. Over 5000 men at one miracle, not including woman and children, so like 17,000 people saw the miracle of bread and fish. No one before or since has ever done that. Seems kind of dumb, just to blow it off.

Paul, hated Christians, was running around killing them, he never met Christ, he was converted by seeing God. Then suffered the wrath of the Jews, they stoned him, whiped him, in imprisoned him, scorned him, and more. A very educated man, and you laugh him off?

Now, do you not think, it is interesting that over a thousand years before Christ the Jewish text calls for some one just like him? And you say this is normal?

Psalms 22:15-18 My strength is dried up like a potsherd; And my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; And thou hast brought me into the dust of death. For dogs have compassed me: A company of evil-doers have inclosed me; They pierced my hands and my feet. I may count all my bones; They look and stare upon me. They part my garments among them, And upon my vesture do they cast lots.

Matthew 27:35 And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots.

Normal? Come on the Brady Bunch is normal, this is not normal? I could write a whole book on this. If you do not like God, fine he won't force you to, but to say he is normal, I think thou does protest to much?

edit: spelling

[edit on 7-4-2005 by Balaams donkey]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 05:18 AM
link   
first i think before we can say if he was normal or not we have to define normal

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonbeam13
the da vinci code is a book of fact written in a fictious way that is what the authour said, there are facts to what he says go do your research you will find much in that book is true.

No the Da Vinci Code is a fiction book(Hence the reason it is put in the fiction stand at the bookstore) with some true facts and alot of theories researched by Brown and also theories from other writers. These can't be proved just yet so remain theories. Good theories though

Read Secrets of the Da Vinci Code and it may verify alot for you.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   
none of this stuff in the DaVinci Code or Holy Blood, Holy Grail, etc. makes any sense outside the historical context which, by necessity, includes the political context. That means you need to read from as many sources as possible before you can draw any conclusions. Since none of us were there through the first four or five hundred years, conclusions and theories are about all we've got.

For me, in my 10+ year amateurish studies and in the infancy of my admittedly poor comprehension, the only conclusions that I've been able to form is that politics have had a far greater impact and influence on what we generally refer to as "religion" than anything else. Christianity, formed during a period of tremendous political upheaval and intrigue, seems to have been largely shaped by power struggles. I don't say this was all done with sinister intent - I think there were a great many people trying very hard to do the right thing (as they are in politics today) and about an equal number who didn't care a whit for the right thing as long as they could acquire money, power, and land (much as it is today in politics).

My point is just this: read, read, read, read, read and then start thinking.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Nice post Al,

This is the greatest problem I see, is how easily people are taken in by the latest book on anything, when they have not read the books of old first. This allows the modern writer to say anything without question. The DaVinci Code or Holy Blood, Holy Grail, are great examples of books filled with have truths, that when you study histiory cannot stand. When you try to dicuss this with the uneducated they expect you to give twenty years of history in five minutes. Even worse the how people reject critical thinking skills, so they cannot tell if they have been taken in or not.

I completly agree with your power and upheavel of man kind statement.
Nice post.

My point is just this: read, read, read, read, read and then start thinking.
I'll sencond that.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrDog

Originally posted by moonbeam13

No the Da Vinci Code is a fiction book(Hence the reason it is put in the fiction stand at the bookstore) with some true facts and alot of theories researched by Brown and also theories from other writers. These can't be proved just yet so remain theories. Good theories though

Read Secrets of the Da Vinci Code and it may verify alot for you.

The author himself said it is written in fiction BUT based on fact

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   

It is a FACT that there are thousands of books written on this subject, just because you choose not to belive it doesn't mean that it isn't real.

It is a FACT that you havn't read the text so this makes you ill-edjucated on this subject therefore to me your opinon is FICTION.

The author himself says that the book is fiction, it has nothing to do with what I think.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Before you damn me to eternal hellfire, let me say that I read Holy Blood Holy Grail over 20 years ago, and have since likely read over a hundred related books. So I do know a bit about the subject fyi.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join