It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does this dream mean?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
For the past couple of weeks I've had this recurring dream. It starts out in a large white room, empty, except for a black desk in the middle. After the desk appears, I see an image of myself walking into the room and approaching the desk. Upon the desk is a .357 revolver. I study it, and then cock back the hammer and place the gun to my own head...utimately pulling the trigger and presumably killing myself.

I'm a happy person, and by no means do I wish to end my own life. I have no idea why I would be dreaming this over and over again...Any thoughts?

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Do you work in a place that makes you stay at a desk? If this is the case, i think the dream may be self explanatory from here... lol. The Desk is black representing darkness.. maybe evil. And of course the gun, and you killing yourself, may mean something along the lines that you are working to hard, or your going to kill yourself working.. I dont know. I may be looking at it too literally.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
you are telling your future self not to commit suicide as it will eventually become a temptation. The gun on the desk is evil. Don't kill yourself is all that matters.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
this explanation makes sense, you're killing yourself with thaT desk activity, it aslso may represent food or drink or whatever you relate to desk, it is important you to analyze that, because desk is different for different people, for me it is food represent becuse my mind sets it together, you probably have to take vacation, or go fishing it will help. GL.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   
A conventional reading would be something like this: the gun is a phallic symbol, and so stands for the sexual drive. The scene would be representing the feelings of guilt attached to this aspect of the personality, planted in the mind by the Judaeochristian tradition, which makes a person think that it is evil and can be life-threatening (i.e., self-destructive). A confirmation of this intepretation is the contrast between the black (evil) desk and the white (good) surroundings. (Disclaimer: Not a professional opinion. Merely for the sake of argument. Please disregard.)

[edit on 28-3-2005 by Macrento]

[edit on 28-3-2005 by Macrento]

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plato986
For the past couple of weeks I've had this recurring dream. It starts out in a large white room, empty, except for a black desk in the middle. After the desk appears, I see an image of myself walking into the room and approaching the desk. Upon the desk is a .357 revolver. I study it, and then cock back the hammer and place the gun to my own head...utimately pulling the trigger and presumably killing myself.

I would guess that you are tempted to make some kind of change in your life a change with uncertain or mixed consequences. The freudian obsession with sexual imagery is usually false IMO but maybe not so in this case since it seems to me that this urge comes from within a situation in your day to day life?

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
*Dreams*

I would not pay any attention to them......as most ,if not all dreams are not our doing..

Dreams are part of our existence and also part of what we cannot see with our physical eyes........
It reminds me of a dream I use to have many yrs ago.......walking into a dark room and in the corner a dark clothed person (never could see the face) would beckon me to go over..........I dreamt the same dream many times.....but I do remember that I never reached the corner......
To me , the dream was about the dark forces that I would face in the future......though it still is etched in my memory, it has no hold of me because now I understand what it was about.....Thank God .......
helen.....

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Plato986,
Instead of trying to interpret it, why don't you try using it as a doorway into you subconscious mind. What I mean by that is "Lucid Dream Manipulation". Since it is a repeating dream that you are now familiar with, try to think of a moment in the dream where some event takes place, (before you shoot yourself obviously), that you can use as a trigger. Don't think too hard about it or anything, just kinda make a mental note of the trigger should the dream happen again.

For example, push into the back of your mind that as soon as you recongnize the room with the black desk, or perhaps when the other you walks into the room, that it is the signal alerting you that this is a Dream. Then, if you become Lucid or Semi-Cognative while holding that dreamstate you may be able to interact with it or even control part or all of the entire dream. You might even be able to have a conversation with the other you and find out some very interesting details about yourself from the perspective of your mind which you normally are not aware of in normal conscienceness.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
I would not pay any attention to them......as most ,if not all dreams are not our doing..

Sorry, I suppose I should explain myself. Our dreams are IMO the way we see another plane of reality just as our eyes ae the way we see this one. This perception makes that reality almost totally subjective to our interpretation of it. Many people are able to have a stong influence upon any factor of their dreams in some cases. We are spoken to through our dreams and the clarity of these messages depends upon our willingness to listen.

The opened the way I did is because we cannot prove or explain where this 'extrnal' input comes from or if it is external at all.

[edit on 29/3/2005 by JamesBlonde]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
i would not discount what mojom has to say, don't take anything as compleatly right. i have sometimes come to the realization that i am dreaming and seemed to be able to manipulate them. it makes for some rather amusing dreams sometimes

in the case of your dream it may or may not be possible. i have only been able to do it in non serious type dreams. in more serious dreams i have not been able to exert any controll in fact i don't seem to realize it is just a dream within the dream. no mater how unnatural the dream feels.

i think you are right to want to know what it means. i too am searching for an answer for a recent dream. i admit i don't know that much about dream meaning. i would agree however that your dream seems to have something to do with your job and how it may be possibly affecting you.

look at all the possibilities. any or all of the replies you get could help understand what it means. keep it in mind you may come to realize what it means quite suddenly on your own. this may come like a form of dea-ja-view (i know that the spelling is way off). i have had dea-ja-veiw effect me many times. i will be doing something even just talking when all of a sudden i know what will happen or be said just before it happens. not of course that i can change it lol. but i know what will happen and afterwards i remember that "i have seen/heard it before, sometimes even years before, as sometimes i can actualy remember when i "saw it". this can be quite disquieting to have happen no matter how often it has happened before. you just kind of stop and reflect i have had others inquire as to what happened as i show something that alerts others that i am not feeling quite right.

i wish you the best of luck in finding an answer and possibly makeing a needed change if needs be.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Analyze it as to what it mean to "you"...absolutely no one can tell you what dream symbols mean. It's an impossibility. What the color green means to me, may be different to you....I'm an animal fanatic....I'm not afraid of any living creatures...so if I dream of huge tarantulas (I have them as pets] it means nothing negative to me...but may be very different to someone else..

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
you're facing a very important or dangerous decision in your life and only see it subconciously? Perhaps you're wondering given the choice between life and death, without thinking which one you'd choose?

Props to LadyV, I don't believe someone else can tell me how my head works by dreams. Sometimes they are Field Days of the mind, other times it's difficult challenges and decisioning. In any case, sometimes you can learn stuff about yourself. That's always fun. I've gotten some pretty decent education that way. Not education as in information I didn't already know, but situational awareness and reasoning.

One I had was this alien (looked, acted human) trying to explain how faster-than-light travel worked. I felt like an idiot. He kept having to go backwards to more and more basic formulas until I could understand. Finally around the Calculus level I was starting to get it, then boom, no clue what function the next graph represented. I wrote it down after I woke up but looks like a patter for kitchen tiles. I can't travel faster than light but you should see my kitchen floor! ;-)

[edit on 29-3-2005 by saint4God]

new topics

top topics

join