It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Global Consciousness Project' Watch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
We may have a way to foresee important events up to four hours in advance.

How? By using the data produced by Princeton University's Global Consciousness Project:
noosphere.princeton.edu...
In short, a few months ago news outlets were flooded with stories about premonitions concerning the tsunami. Lost in that pack of tales was a somewhat revolutionary observation that had been made by researchers at Princeton U: Their random number generators, prior to the tsunami, suddenly produced highly improbable computations. Oddest of all, though, was the disclosure that their machines had, for years, undergone mathematical 'spikes' whenever something profound had happened to many people (these machines jumped prior to 9-11, for instance). The inference made by many people was profound... Either major events had a mysterious affect on the mathematical order of the world OR human beings, when deeply upset, could project some aspect of their consciousness through time and space and alter random mathematical computations:
www.rednova.com...

Now, when this story broke, it was carried on a small thread at ATS. Unfortunately, because the initial post writer described these findings as having been observed by "new age" scientists the story, and the thread, didn't gain much attention at ATS because many readers just dismissed it as hocus without reading into it. Lost, too, was the realization that ATS members could monitor the data from Princeton and use it to predict major world events (earthquakes, attacks, etc).

So... what I am proposing is that we, here at ATS, keep up a watch over the Princeton data. Whenever something unusual happens we could alert the board and monitor the news for anything that might fit the numerical spikes. Whenever a member thinks that they see something unusual they could update this thread with their take on the latest Princeton data (a link to the real time data can be found at the bottom of the project's main webpage).

Anyways, I don't want this thread to be a competitor to other discussion threads that may have mentioned this project. I would like this to be a watch in the same vein as the earthquake and strange weather watches.

Together, we'll be able to see if we can predict history.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I can't get the real time link to play the data correctly. Is anyone else trying to do this?

For those who are interested, the real time link is at the bottom of the main page. Click on the data link and then follow the page down to the real time data.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Go to 'free data access' and then 'eggsummary data' and compare the graphs from yesterday to the one from the day of the tsunami. The bottom graphs for each date -- like the one for 9-11 -- shows diverging curves (whereas most days have curves or lines that go up and down a little but still basically stay at the same elevation):
noosphere.princeton.edu...

Pardon my poor description of the graphs.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
What exactly do you mean by diverging curves or better yet post one of the graphs and put an arrow. Maybe post 2 to show the difference.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Very interesting article.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowHasNoSource
What exactly do you mean by diverging curves or better yet post one of the graphs and put an arrow. Maybe post 2 to show the difference.

I don't know how to get the image to copy over to ats. I don't know the technical name for the way their website is laid out, but it somehow gives you the same url for every page. Right clicking on the graphs, as well, doesn't produce any response (that is, there's no option to copy and paste the graph).

If you're interedsted, just follow the 'free data' and 'eggsummary' links to get to the list of dates. Compare 12-26-04 and 9-11-01 to a random day when nothing big happened. Then compare it to the graph from monday.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Hmnn...

The general EGG data seems to have gained in 'intensity' in the middle of Mar31 and then slowly dropped back to near normal (perhaps a result of the vatican's health announcement?). We'll have to wait a while to see if the machines picked up anxiety related to the Pope.

top topics

join