It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

SU-37 vs F-18/Super Hornet

page: 4
0
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   

And btw.. where/when was this "20:1" mess??
Hope you ain't talkin' about cope india..
It seems that has "no weightage" on this forum...


[edit on 31-3-2005 by Daedalus3]


I'm hate to break it to ya bud, but it has no "weightage" anywhere, just go to any aviation forum, and see for yourself, the only place that took Cope India seriously was CNN. (surprise, surprise)




posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Just wondering...?

What is the operational strength of both the Su-37 and the F/A-18 Super Hornet.

In so far as 1 on 1 battles one pilot usually gains the advantage but I put forward that such encounters are the exception to the rule and there are man factors which, ultimately, contribute to victory in air to air combat.

To gain an accurate comparison between these two aircraft we should also be focusing on the support structures behind each of them.



posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by JamesBlonde
Just wondering...?

What is the operational strength of both the Su-37 and the F/A-18 Super Hornet.

In so far as 1 on 1 battles one pilot usually gains the advantage but I put forward that such encounters are the exception to the rule and there are man factors which, ultimately, contribute to victory in air to air combat.

To gain an accurate comparison between these two aircraft we should also be focusing on the support structures behind each of them.


Operational strength: I believe there are just over 200 Super Hornets in service right now, the 200th was delivered in September 2004, but there are currently 0 Su-37's in service.

And if you include support aircraft, the Super Hornet would have a pretty big advantage because of AWACS, and JSTARS, the Russian version of AWACS is the A-50, and i've heard that it doesn't have the same range compared to its US counter-part.



[edit on 1-4-2005 by Hockeyguy567]



posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hockeyguy567
Operational strength: I believe there are just over 200 Super Hornets in service right now, the 200th was delivered in September 2004, but there are currently 0 Su-37's in service.



[edit on 1-4-2005 by Hockeyguy567]


Well I think I would have air superiority over 0 Su-37s in a Sopwith Camel.



posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hockeyguy567

And btw.. where/when was this "20:1" mess??
Hope you ain't talkin' about cope india..
It seems that has "no weightage" on this forum...


[edit on 31-3-2005 by Daedalus3]


I'm hate to break it to ya bud, but it has no "weightage" anywhere, just go to any aviation forum, and see for yourself, the only place that took Cope India seriously was CNN. (surprise, surprise)


Thats exactly the kind of ill-informed retort i was expecting..
Just like the Iraqis who kept on publishing news reports that they were beating the americans back in Desert Storm...
propagandistic media..

Not mentioning the exercise is different from refuting the exercise itself..
I don't see ANY AF exercises being "flashed" all over news channels..
If anything Cope India was given MORE credit than other AF exercises.. due to the nature of the results..
I don't understand why you post stuff w/o even taking a minute to think that you might be posting something foolish..



posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by JamesBlonde
The IAF have relevant combat experience against a comparable and welequipped foe. The las t I heard the IAF was able to make a 20:1 mess of the USAF in excercies.



Could you give some specific links here? As amazing as the IAF is, I'm having a little trouble buying a 20:1 ratio.

From what I know of the IAF, they have amazing dog-fighting skills, but are a little lacking in terms of BVR engagments and large-scale coordinated air engagments.



posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
It would be more fair to compare the Su-30M VS the F/A-18E, now THOSE are evenly matched.

Su-30 is no match to a F/A-18. F/A-18 is also the best plane that has so far been made.




top topics



 
0
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join