It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SU-37 vs F-18/Super Hornet

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
SH Vs Mig 29 -letest modifikatin have a similar chance to winn.
Hockey guy you not Russia stop F. the brain.
this is joke topic .

[edit on 30-3-2005 by Fenix F 308]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fenix F 308
this is joke topic .

I'm sorry I don't speak duboktish.

And I moved to the US almost eight years ago.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
So stand there, and shut up.
придурок

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Ok... Mods can we do something about this person language and ranting. I would prefer that people put a little more though it their posts instead of responding like 2 year olds. Thank You.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kyle325is

Originally posted by zakattack
this has probably been asked before but what requirements do you have to have to be a US fighter pilot, i mean can you go to any recruiting center and say i want to be a F-15 fighter pilot, then go through there extremely tough course and if you are lucky enough to pass be able to fly a fighter jet

LOL...um, no, you CANNOT do that...go to some of the Air Force websites, read up...

As for "the USAF can't be the best, look who they've fought" argument, who else trains and spends as much resources training as rigorously as the USAF???

Who exactly is proven, in any way, to have better trained, more skilled pilots?

I will say if it is anyone ISREAL could match the US (pilot for pilot). Their pilots are simply class.

However, it is a bit different when one considers the SIZE of the airforce and the level of training and skill of US pilots.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The IAF have relevant combat experience against a comparable and welequipped foe. The las t I heard the IAF was able to make a 20:1 mess of the USAF in excercies.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesBlonde
The IAF have relevant combat experience against a comparable and welequipped foe. The las t I heard the IAF was able to make a 20:1 mess of the USAF in excercies.

And most of it was thanks to the Python. That's one reason why US pilots have respect for off-boresight missiles with the Russkies.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hockeyguy567

Originally posted by Fenix F 308
this is joke topic .

I'm sorry I don't speak duboktish.

And I moved to the US almost eight years ago.

I've being saying that from the very beginning..
Hockeyguy ain't ruskie..
Prankster out've alabama!!

And btw.. where/when was this "20:1" mess??
Hope you ain't talkin' about cope india..
It seems that has "no weightage" on this forum...

[edit on 31-3-2005 by Daedalus3]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hockeyguy567

Not me...And I'm sure many ppl (non-russian) agree with me on this..
USAF is by far the most logistically deployable but not the best..at lest not proven to be better than its rumored fighter equivalents..

Then who has the best airforce oh wise one?

Depends on what you define as best....
My definition is that which is capable of matching fighter for fighter, pilot for pilot..
Not by carrying out sissy bomb raids under the cover of darkness...
But then again thats an adv the USAF has and they should use it nonetheless

Btw may I ask WHY you moved to the US from Russia..
Not why you left russia.. but why the US..??

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Sissy? So you would make you most advanced military aircraft venerable to show your enemy you are a man or that you have got the B. With thinking like that any military would never succeed.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Heh, just to make things interesting, who would win in this scenerio:

F/A-22 is ordered to bomb a command centre in the north.

2 Su-30's come from the East and West flanking the F/A-22 (just coming in range of the F-22).

let me tell you what happens.

The F/A-22 engages the closest Su-30 and launches a AIM-120C.

The Su-30 takes evasive action, the other Su-30 takes the F-22 off guard and fires 2 R-77s at the F-22.

The one Su-30 is shot down, the F-22 is forced to take evasive action and the other Su-30 comes into short range combat and fires Archer SRAAMs.

The F-22 tries dispenses flares and chaff but is unable to dodge the missiles and is shot down.

Ofcourse the F-22 will more than likely fly in a pair, and possibly there will be more Su-30s, 2 for each F-22 build at the very least, in this situation, the US will be outgunned and possibly even out-ranged by Russian missiles.

The US needs to improve their missiles and they need a CHEAP fighter to counter the CHEAP russian fighters.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I think the F/A-22 would be able to know that that he has 2 jets approaching him before the Russian jets can even know where the F/A-22 is thanks to its stealth features and its radar range. I think the F/A-22 could have fired on both of them way before they even know where it ism or before they can get into rage to see him on radar.

[edit on 31-3-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
why would they send an F22 to do that when the F-22 is a A2A combat aircraft with A2G capabilities, it would make more sense to Send a F-117 or B2 stealth over in the middle of the night at 50-60,000 feet and then drop a bomb, or why not just send a Tomahawk Cruise missile in to do the Job.

But No one would know the F-22 was coming, Unless the saw it with there Eyes.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
I think the F/A-22 would be able to know that that he has 2 jets approaching him before the Russian jets can even know where the F/A-22 is thanks to its stealth features and its radar range. I think the F/A-22 could have fired on both of them way before they even know where it ism or before they can get into rage to see him on radar.

F-22 radar range does not exceed the lates russian radar ranges..
Its main advantage is stealth.. once it makes a move on one of the Su-30s.. it compromises its position, esp. if the 2 Su's are working in tandem..
Anti stealth warfae does not only include better radar etc..
Its all about forcing the stealth plane to show it self to get a n approx. range on its position so that competent fighters can nullify the stealth advantage at
close-in ranges..

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   

And about the sissy bombing.. I used that term because I was excluding the stealth boming parameter out of the equation when judging the
"best airforce"...It is a deadly advantage nonetheless i admit..
Who knows the russians, amazing that they are at pure/basic sciences may soon invent plasma shielding and forcefield envelops..
That'll turn the stealth scene on its head!!

[edit on 1-4-2005 by Daedalus3]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 05:22 AM
link   

you do understand how radar works don`t you? its an ACTIVE system , not passive ; therefore when the raptor driver `lights up` his own radar the opposition will know where he is!

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   
The F/A-22 is good, but it's not invincible, nothing is, and the Ruski's are constantly trying to find a way to beat it...just remember that.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure the F-22 has datalink to AWACS, meaning it shares the AWACS's radar screen instead of using its own radar. Not too sure about providing radar tracking for missiles though. Most of the US AWACS can search for air targets but they're not designed to lock on to targets to guide missiles. So for that, I think the F-22 might have to use its own radar to guide the AIM-120, which would easily give it away. The AIM-120 is an ARH though, so the F-22 would only have to guide for mid course, and the terminal course, the missile can guide by itself. Nevertheless, the F-22 would be exposed when guiding the AIM-120 during the mid course. Also, when the F-22 launches missiles, it will have to open its weapons bay, and that spoils its stealth big time. The F-22 is only vulnerable when attacking, but it can pretty much travel around with small chance of detection by enemy radar.

As for IR and flares, the F-22 has coolants for the engine exhaust, so the heat from the engine is greatly reduced. I don't think it would work that well if it uses AB though.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Ok... Mods can we do something about this person language and ranting. I would prefer that people put a little more though it their posts instead of responding like 2 year olds. Thank You.

Couldn't agree more.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Depends on what you define as best....
My definition is that which is capable of matching fighter for fighter, pilot for pilot..

Then it would be the US ofcourse, I mean, are you serious in questioning the superiority of the USAF? Like do you need a CAT scan or something? Jeez.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join