It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The theory that states the big bang didn't happen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
What is the name of the leading anti- big bang theory?

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mizar
What is the name of the leading anti- big bang theory?

Religion?

I never knew there was a 'leading theory' as such, just a group of non-believer who believe in something else (I guess that would make them believers).

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The Steady-State Theory . Do a web search for Fred Hoyle.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
you are probably talking about the string theory or the ''m''theory.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Actually I think I saw something that Stephen Hawking may be leaning towards a shape of the universe as something more like a hyperbolic/parabolic U shape rather than a V shape starting with a singularity, so instead of coming from one point, the universe was smaller but never a single point.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
According to M-Theory the Big Bang could have been a Big Slap. Imagine two vast floating membranes that used to be live vibrant universes that have long since died off, on a collision course with each other, when they hit it creates a HUGE explosion known as the Big Bang, but it couldn't have been just one explosion if the universe is shaped in a parabolic U shape, maybe one part hit first and with momentum carried the rest to a second Bang forming the Universe we see today. Of course it's still all up in the air atm as we still know diddly squat about our Brane.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
That theory just leaves more questions in my mind though, like where did those 2 universes come from, and why did they collide forming ours? Unless you were just using that as a comparison or something.

new topics

top topics

join