It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dammit to hell

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Seems some want me to return to the "20th century let alone 21st".

Yeah...well you can all stay with your teen-abortions and drug-defected births, and divorces. You can all wallow in your self-destruction, fine with me...

Thomas Crowne was right, we need mom back, and it's not through advancement in the company.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Freemason, why do i always imagine Frasier speaking whenever I read your posts?

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
OK, I skimmed alot of the last two pages, but I got the gist.

FM, I'd like to say two things to you:
1) You did a very good job at not resorting to name-calling and personal attacks. The meds your doctor has you on now is working fine.

2) Please stay away from firearms, sharp objectsand traffic until the doctor can help you with your suicidal tendancies! Not since the kamikazis have I seen a man rush headlong to his demise!

Val, while I understand your extreme objection to the position FM holds, you still made several penalties warranting several flags on the plays. Someone else already warned you, obviously. Others used questionable language as well, but between laughing hysterically and wincing in sympathy pain I was unable to see clear enough to hit any warn button!

DR, just to let you know my experience, women in the military has many downfalls. Generally speaking they cannot carry their load sufficiently to warrant them in the field and the guys have to pull their load. If equal opportunity was the object, all the standards, including physical fitness, would be equal. Now mind you, I am aware that ability varies with the MOS as well as the individual, and that is why I said "generally."

Another point I'd like to make is that we all have our own mission in the family unit and one mission is being neglected societally and that is the role of the child-rearing. This problem is manifesting itself in society as a whole as most can see with the deterioration of our culture. We need Mom back. Dad cannot do what Mom can and that is also obvious. Our selfishness is going to be the ruination of us. I am no better as my wife also works and we are not in a financial position for her to come home. Besides, she is extremely good at what she does (engineer in the aviation industry)

Now, to the main topic, woman president. The idea that a woman could not be a great president is just as ludricrous as saying that a man will inherently be a great president. The conservatives will think of Clinton and nod with me, the liberals will look toward our current administration and agree while most all of us will think of Ford and Carter both and say "amen".

I as well will vote for Condi Rice in a New York second. There is nobody in D.C. that has her superior intellect coupled with more college degrees most could even think of earning. She earned her rightful respect before she came on board with the Bush administration, is doing a fine job with it, and would lead her own adminstration magnificently. Anyone who would disagree with that is just plain bull-headed. I'm a "chauvinist", which is actually a very good thing, not the beer- guzzling, rasslin' watchin', wife slappin' redneck as it is depicted by most nowadays. And as a cauvinist, I say there is nothing at all wrong with a woman president.
And my mother would be a great president, by the way. She knows the difference between right thing and the wrong thing to do and can detect bullcrap a mile away. She'd save the government money as well since there'd be no need for a bunch of advisors on the payroll to help her make up her mind.

Why would you want to be known as a chauvinist? That is an awful thing.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

she was the first name that pooped into my mind when I saw how this thread was going!

TC

The best typo I have seen on ATS yet (as I believe you would be generally supportive of Thatcher policies if you were coherent and consistent).

I like it.

Oh, man, I can't believe I did that! What a most inopportune time! I the Shrub were half the man Maggie was we could've done Hussein with half the troops and in half the time!

Anyway, glad there was some humor-factor in it for you!

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fury
in all honesty women make better race car drivers then men.

they have their strengths. I think they can be used in a combat role, i just don't think it's wise in certain situations.

Yeah, that is evident by the vast numbers of NASCAR Winston Cup winners that have been female.

Pardon me while I go back to reading the thread. Need another beer, somebody.

PS - FM, what went through your mind to cause you to jump headlong into this? I don't know if its courageous or stupid, but I have my suspicions!

no, it's actually true TC,
as much as it grates me to say it... lol

alot of women are into racing and are good due to thier smaller feet, better reactions, and smaller frames.
look at lisa kubo,
alot of women just aren't interested.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Oh my...how is this going to fit into FM's cartoonishly simple theory that society is caving in due to all the ill-raised kids whose mothers' are working...

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 08:20 AM
link   
no wonder domination is so popular in our society

:::breaks out the whip:::

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   
certain men need to be disciplined...

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
The fact that Dragonrider always sides with the women like a feminist gives me pause....Dragonrider perhaps you are a homosexual? Posted by FM

Why? Is that an invitation?

This is where I step out of the thread..its getting too serious

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kitty
certain men need to be disciplined...

Perhaps you lack dicipline..
vee have ways of making you talk....

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorningtonCrescent

Originally posted by storm
that is true and i respect your views... i hope you have a good live... dont waste it...
you're only two months older than me, love
we've both still got quite a lot of living to do yet

I was just being nice and calling a truce... I was not trying to say that I know more or that I know better... The only thing I know for sure is that I have already lived through more than anyone should at my age... I still hope you don't waste your life...

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Truce isn't in their vocabulary.

I find it odd I come back "completely neutral" and find that the very denizens of ATS are more abusive and arrogant than I ever was.

Kind of Ironic isn't it?

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 08:11 PM
link   
"0mfg0rz i r w0m4n h8er, d0nt m1nd0rz m3"

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThermoNuke
"0mfg0rz i r w0m4n h8er, d0nt m1nd0rz m3"

hehehehe......ha.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
There is no misogyny at work throughout this topic, only autothanatopsis...

Short reprise for ThermoNuke and Tyriffic...

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 03:12 AM
link   

I agree that females are too emotional... I know this because I am one... I would hate to think that we would go to war every month just because the president had PMS

1) hahahahahaha!!! Do you really think a female president would go to war every month because she was PMS"ng? I don't know what kind of PMS you get, but that must be some serious problem!

2) I think being emotional is really a personal trait and maybe an age issue as well. I think wisdom certainly makes us less emotional. The realization that you shouldn't sweat the little things

Most women can barely run their own households... The man of the household usually takes care of the bills, yard work and any thing that needs fixing...

Actually with every married couple I know, the woman takes care of the finances. And as far as the yard work etc goes ... gardening is fun! Although I agree that mowing the lawn sucks and he can do it all he wants

As for FM ...

Oh boy .. here you go again, huh kid? *laughs*
I admire your spunk for sticking up for what you believe in. It would be truly great if life worked in the way you want it to. If married couples always stayed together and the moms stayed home, raised their kids, drove them to soccer practices, cooked and cleaned etc .. and the kids turned out brilliant and balanced.
Unfortunately, there are problems to this little dream world. There always were problems, but we just didn't hear about them as much because women maybe stayed and put up with things out of fear of thinking that they couldn't make it on their own.
I am interested to know what you think a womans' position should be when her husband cheats and continues to, or when her husband beats her and/or the children. Or when he molests the children, or works all the time and never spends time with his family at all. What if he loses his job and can't find another one? Is it OK for her to work if there is a job for her available? Or is she to turn it down because of the mans pride?

I know that you say there are exceptions to everything but believe it or not these are common issues ... and woman would have no options to save themselves and/or their children and families if the world was as you wish it to be.

As for a woman being president, I dont see why not. I agree that it shouldn't be a gender issue.

Re: women in the military .. I have reservations about this but hear me out. Generally speaking, women are physically weaker than men and therefore are not capable of keeping up to the physical level required. The only way a woman should be able to do any physical job (including the military) is if she can keep up physically with the requirements. There should be no concessions made because she is of a weaker sex. I believe they did this when they allowed female firefighters in the US and I disagree with that.

Thats it .. time for bed.

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 03:18 AM
link   
There will never be a woman president in America. So, this point is moot.

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 09:34 AM
link   

The fact that morningcresent and valhall are totally clueless is okay... The truth is; that I am only going to spend $20.00 dollars and they are going to spend about a hundred... I am going to call my husband, who knows how to fix cars, and they are going to call a tow truck which is going to cost at least $50.00 dollars, a machanic which will cost at least $50.00 dollars in parts and labor, at least... I know that money is not everything but at this day and time it is quite important... I wasn't maening to offend anyone or speak for anyone for that matter. I believe what I believe and I am not affraid to voice my oppinion...

Storm,

I would like to repeat what I have posted in this thread to you before. The assumptions you jump to are almost as insulting as some of FMs.

I have pulled a 1971 volkswagen beetle engine; split the case; completely rebuilt the engine with a Bosch racing cam, oversized jugs and pistons, and added an oil cooler; chromed everything...with a tooter horn exhaust no less - but did not put the basher kit on the body myself.

I did this all because I wanted to learn how to do it. That's how I have been able to live a wonderfully FULL life...and get to the point, that if something (God forbid) ever happened to my loving hubby...I wouldn't have to crawl in a corner and wonder who was going to cut the grass for me.

What I am saying here is: **I** understand you love the life you are living. And I don't want to talk against any choice you have made. PLEASE have the same consideration of me.

The entire point to this thread is:

every woman should have the right to choose whatever path they want - yours - or mine - or the presidency for that matter.

Regards.

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

I have... oversized jugs and ... a tooter horn exhaust ...

Regards.

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 09:45 AM
link   
hahahahahahaha!

good work MA...how's your neck?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join