It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former US Ambassador to Pakistan cripples Bin Laden hunt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Just watching Fox news, there is a report that the former Ambassador to Pakistan, Nancy Powell, is reported to have crippled the hunt for al Qaeda and Bin Laden by confiscating and not distributing fliers and matchbooks that advertised the $25Million reward for capture of Bin Laden. These fliers have proven to be helpful in capturing al Qaeda members in the past.

Details are sketchy, but apparently her 'excuse' was that she was juggling several high priority projects at one time.

Will post more as it beomes available.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
It sounds like Nancy might get juggled herself.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Well, it makes sense. if they dont catch bin laden than bush can extort millions of dollars and claim it is for "the war on terrorism". I used to support bush but i think we may have made a terrible mistake. he took control of iraq to prevent cheap oil from being dumped on the market and is conspiring to raise gas prices which is strangling the economy,

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Well, I still have not found anything in print about this topic, even though I heard about it on TV and radio.

Sorry for leaving a thread hanging. It seemed like a pretty important piece of news.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Sorry, if I had seen your thread earlier, I would have posted this for you:

How a Lone Diplomat Compromised the Hunt for Bin Laden

It's the New York Sun, and I think you may need a subscription (can't remember), but it's the only place I saw the story. I agree, it's sounds like it's pretty important news. Good catch

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Yes we have made a bad bad bad mistake by re-electing Bush, he is a greedy SOB who only cares about his Oil Buddies, Bush is only concerned For his Short term life, He cares nothing about the Future of our children, He has nothing to worry about he is living High on the Hog, and wont be here when things start falling apart Hopefully we can get atleast another bill clinton in office atleast Clinton Got our trade deficit out of the whole and with a little surplus on top of that, and bush has seemed to screwed that up beyond Fixing hopefully from now on we can get a presidents who care and can start Getting this country back the way it was post 2nd Gulf war

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Oh yeah what we need is another Clinton is office who was more concerned about getting H jobs form his secretaries then protecting our national secrets and defendant U.S.
Somalia, 93 WTC, USS Cole, Attacks on Saudi US barracks, Attacks on two U.S. embassy's on Africa. Oh man what a great president let all of those attacks occur and what did he have to show for it? Zip, lobbed a couple of missiles into Donkey shacks in the middle on nowhere. Not to mention leaking secret info to china, while at the same time lowering our DoD budget.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The year is now 2005 and still the "US" can't "find" Bin Laden. Wow, Osama must have some friends in high places!

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Thanks, Duzey.
I searched high and low for print and could find none.

You're a better detective than I am!

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Well, thanks. I'm a complete news junkie and that particular paper just happens to be on my list, because sometimes they do cover stories I don't find anywhere else. I wouldn't have even have thought to post it, if I hadn't seen this thread.

I just can't understand why she didn't have this stuff handed out. It just seems so ridiculous. The entire country should have been blanketed with this material, to the point where you couldn't walk 15 feet without seeing a reward notice, IMO. Even if they didn't catch him because of them directly, it could have made it more difficult for him to move around and hide.

How much time and effort would it have taken to delegate the task of distribution to an underling? It's not like they expected her to stand on the corner and pass them out by herself.

It's nice to hear the 'new guy' seems to be getting things on the right track and getting the word out.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Somalia, 93 WTC, USS Cole, Attacks on Saudi US barracks, Attacks on two U.S. embassy's on Africa.

Meanwhile, 3000 US citizens get killed by Al Quaeda under Bush's watch, but somehow that's still Clinton's fault

Bush fails to catch OBL, apparently allowing him to escape Tora Bora... let me guess, that's somehow Clinton's fault too.

Clinton lies about a personal sexual indiscretion and gets impeached. Bush lies to get us into a war that kills tens of thousands and noone on the Right bats an eye.

I was no big fan of Clinton while he was in office, mainly thanks to the amazingly authoritarian Janet Reno, but after four years of Bush I'd take Clinton back in a hearbeat.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

Somalia, 93 WTC, USS Cole, Attacks on Saudi US barracks, Attacks on two U.S. embassy's on Africa.

Meanwhile, 3000 US citizens get killed by Al Quaeda under Bush's watch, but somehow that's still Clinton's fault

Bush fails to catch OBL, apparently allowing him to escape Tora Bora... let me guess, that's somehow Clinton's fault too.

Clinton lies about a personal sexual indiscretion and gets impeached. Bush lies to get us into a war that kills tens of thousands and noone on the Right bats an eye.

I was no big fan of Clinton while he was in office, mainly thanks to the amazingly authoritarian Janet Reno, but after four years of Bush I'd take Clinton back in a hearbeat.

Under Clinton administration the economy blumed, unempoyment was low and the world was less scared, paranoid and divided. I agree.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Maybe you don't know but the planning for 9.11 began in 96. Had 4 years to so something about it yet nope kept is head low. Bush had just gotten into the office as president.

Also he did not allow anything, he is not on the field calling the shots, Usoma escaped, Bush is not military tactician he only give the proper people the authority an they and they had the responsibility of capturing UBL not Bush.

I don't want this to get into another Clinton Vs. Bush fight, so let me say the world knows your views they know mine. That's it I'm not posting no one I already said all I have to say.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Actually why do they need to spend so much money on propaganda, when anybody in the middle east knows very well how bin-laden looks, it make no sense to me.

Also Pakistan with all the glory that has been attributed to them and compensated by weapons and air crafts, looks to me that they are in not hurry to capture bin-laden. I actually feel that is hiding in that country.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
as a US citizen i feel that we should be able to capture ossma binladen. its been 4 years shouldnt we have captured him

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I suspect they don't really want to catch Bin Laden all that bad.

He's the perfect bugaboo to keep everyone scared, willing to pay for huge defense budgets every year, and willing to surrender civil liberties at home.

"If we don't keep making the Carlyle group and Haliburton rich, the terrorists will have won!"

join