It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wendy's Chili - Now with Fingers (photo)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
A finger measuring 1-1/2" was found in a cup of Wendy's chili Tuesday in San Jose, California. I smell a large settlement. Kind of scarey to know that you may have already eaten the rest of someones body in a bowl of chili or in a hamburger and never realized. When a finger shows up and know one has reported any employees at any of the supply companies having injuries, you have to start wondering what happened to the rest of the person.

hosted.ap.org...

"Health officials said the fingertip was approximately 1 1/2 inches long. They believe it belongs to a woman because of the long, manicured nail."

The lawyers will be banging down this girls door.

[edit on 3/27/2005 by infinite8]

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Many years ago, in a food processing plant that will go unnamed, I was working as production manager while cocktail meatballs were being produced in my production room. The lady who was operating the meatball machine, which required her to place "clumps" meatball mix into the feeder every few seconds, put her hand in just a little too far and it clipped off the end of her finger. It was a grisly sight, the end of her finger bone being completely exposed.

As you might imagine, there was considerable activity in the next hour or so getting the woman first-aid and transported to a hospital. In all the confusion, no one was very concerned with the meatball machine or the operation and eventually the operation was resumed.

After awhile, the manager came in and asked if we had cleaned out the meatball machine. I didn't know. I wasn't in the room when the operation was resumed. We both looked over at the large stack of boxes full of meatballs waiting to be placed in the walk-in freezer, smiled, shrugged our shoulders and went on about our business.

We never heard another word about it.

By the way, that was thirty years ago.

[edit on 05/3/27 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
~1990 I was working at Hamilton Standard UTC when
someone found a condom in the cafeteria chili. It was
assumed that it was used. (it appeared to be)
eeeeeeeeeew!

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Actually I posted this up in the bullpen a few days ago but decided not to ATSNN it. To much of a yuck factor.

Being the good reporter that I was however, I did phone a San Jose area Wendy's (Its only 20 miles south of me) and got the expected "No Coment"

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
well considering the large settlement that the person who ate the chili is going to get. the question is would you of eaten the chili if it would get you a couple million?

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
like i said before ...i hope that finger was well cooked...lol

[edit on 27-3-2005 by BaastetNoir]

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
hmmmmmmmmmm, tasty

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Wow Grady, just goes to show what might be in those meatballs, chili, hotdogs, and other processed foods. Unreal to hear those things. Good follow up FredT even though you didn't get a result. A used condom in the chili? I'd rather eat the finger.

[edit on 3/28/2005 by infinite8]

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite8
A used condom in the chili? I'd rather eat the finger.

I used to love chili. Now .... I don't trust it.
I'm sure it is probably all just fine ... but I can't
help but remember that every time I see chili.
Chili is all so mushy, red, lumpy, meat chunks ...
anything could be hiding in it. ANYTHING.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
There is just something wrong with this topic, I just can't put my finger on it...

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
LOL! Apparently someone is claiming the finger.

Fast-Food Finger May Have Been Bitten Off by Leopard

Authorities don't believe her, as she seems to have a history of false claims.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The article also says she dropped her lawsuit!!

What?!?!?! She must have gotten bribed or paid under the table......

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by cohiba
LOL! Apparently someone is claiming the finger.

Fast-Food Finger May Have Been Bitten Off by Leopard

Authorities don't believe her, as she seems to have a history of false claims.

No they are not one and the same person the one who claimed to find the finger and was suspect she then dropped the lawsuit. She is the one who had filed other lawsuits. The other lady who had her finger bitten off only suspects the finger may be hers.

All the one that started the lawsuit had to do was cut it off to make it shorter and presto she thought she had a lawsuit, oir should I say thought she did until she became suspect.

new topics

top topics

join