It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spontaneous Generation: Life from non-living

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Given time: would the cosmos be able to generate the basics for life?

Could amino acids, proteins and energy producing bio-necessities be made before creation happened?

Now given time: the probability of life spontaneously erupting may be something of the order of 1 in 1 TRILLION ((understand it's a guess)), but over time (eons) it may occur, once in a Trillion yrs/days/min/secs....

I have a problem with spontaneous generation: God and "aliens" . I think that God made it happen, and if he created us, then why not 'aliens' also?

The idea that aliens created us, experimental, and that God created us, and that science (spontaneous generation) created us- I have to choose one.

Which one are you?

Tuatara

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuatara
I have a problem with spontaneous generation: God and "aliens" . I think that God made it happen, and if he created us, then why not 'aliens' also?

Then who spontaneously created God?

The idea that aliens created us, experimental, and that God created us, and that science (spontaneous generation) created us- I have to choose one.

Which one are you?

Tuatara

Why does something have to create us? If it does what created it? You dont answer the question with God or Aliens you just push the question back. If something HAD to create us wouldnt that demand that something also created the creator? And wouldnt somethiong havve to created the thing that created the creator and so on and so on?

Sooner or later you HAVE to admit that life just started. Which is more reasonable, that a few chemicals reacted or that an all powerful, all knowing, creature that can do anything just appeared?

[edit on 27-3-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Amuk,
to summerize, yes I've pushed the question back at you. Because the "creation" of living from non-living is astonishing and hits the core of belief(s).

Who created God? That is a question beyond this persons understanding, jokingly I'd say it was his 2nd cousin.

The HAVE TO part is what concerns me of your response. I confess that I don't know how it started but it doesn't mean I have to have a default answer.

Having a mathematical background- I will not discount that spontaneous generation conditions could exist at least once throughout time. But that it did happen is another situation- having all the conditions right and it occuring and surviving!

Also, having a spiritual background, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God exist. So, you can see a delima here yet?

Belief in God negates belief in science... Where do people stand?

Tuatara

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuatara
Given time: would the cosmos be able to generate the basics for life?

sure, check out some astro biology sites, theres a lot of info on amazing stuff in all those molecular clouds. some of what you mentioned and other complex chains of pre-biological stuff also hydrocarbons...etc

Which one are you?

Tuatara

my view is that the term 'God'
is just a shorthand for the processes like evolution and for the
body of concepts & knowledge, and Laws of physics, nature, mathematics....etc etc

as soon as the universe became old enough to produce the components
that would be the building blocks for life forms...it did !

and it did it in many, many places all over the universe
so, just like the diversity of life on the earth right now- -
thats how i think the cosmos is also diverse with different life forms !

as far as humans or mankind being a lab experiment of a alien race...
well, thats the speculation that creates stories, fictions, belief systems,

we, collectively become creators. too
just like our species collective-conscious proclaims...we were created in the image of the creator.

i don't know if i answered the 'Which one are you?' question...

but happy holiday anyhow

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
God is just a ladder of creation. We are at the bottom rung of the ladder and were created by a creation a few rungs up. As we progress in our spiritual and scientific development we will learn to be creators as well. Assuming new bodies as we rebirth on different planets. Eventually, we shall reach a point where we no longer inhabit bodies and exist as mental energy, then our creational duties will shift from making life forms to managing star systems/galaxies and universes.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
From what I understand, if you allow that God exists, then Time itself is a part of His creation...he exists outside of time; and for us this is nearly incomprehensible, as is the idea of God existing as the "I am that I am".

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I've been wondering lately about the possibility that stars themselves, or perhaps galactic centers or super-novae, contain the basic mechanisms to construct simple organic life-forms. As these life-forms are ejected out during formation/destruction they freeze and preserve in the depths of space until eventually impacting a planet or other stellar body, whereby, if the conditions are suitable, they will thaw out and start reproducing/adapting/evolving.

This would be a nice and simple explanation for the origins of life.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Yes.

A number of tests were run back in the '50s. The point was to mimic primordial conditions on Earth. After a few weeks or so of messing around, a goo developed that had crude forms of nucleic acids. It took us a few weeks, knowing the conditions and being able to change them at will, so it's quite feasible that over a few billion years Earth could.

Dr. Stanley Miller

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I Think what is amazing is evolution can happen the same way in different enviroments, Parallel evolution, a mammal in Australia and another in a different continent had developed the same type of inner ear in different enviroments at the same time.

Not exactly sure of the specifics, google it

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azza
I Think what is amazing is evolution can happen the same way in different enviroments, Parallel evolution, a mammal in Australia and another in a different continent had developed the same type of inner ear in different enviroments at the same time.

I like the consistancy. What works here works there, and thus both places show very similar advancements. One of the best arguments for evolution, I feel.

Also don't forget about Pangea; we were all one land mass at a certian point.

top topics

join