It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lack of Denying Bias

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
ATSNN's motto is "Deny Bias"

Yet lately a lot of contributors have been throwing in either an leftist or rightist comment in their summaries.

If we are "Denying Bias" why are we throwing things in about how much Bush sucks and mention Neocons (which believe it or not is an anti-conservative comment, not an actual party of any sort).

Shouldn't we keep the summaries neutral and leave the comments to the discussions that follow the news articles?

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Hmm, your post seems to in conflict with your signiture.

It's human nature really. Wish it wasn't.

Any ideas?

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
(my signature reflects me as in you like me or not, not my view on politics)

Suggestions... well
Perhaps people could make more of an effort to leave out comments. Simply stating the facts without exaggerating things.

Don't we have a discussion option tagged on for a reason?

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I think that the following instruction on the form when you are filling out the form makes most people put their opinion in the post

You must give us an additional one to three paragraph comment, in your own words, that will help our members understand your analysis or point of view on the news article you're submitting.

Also like Intrepid said it is human nature -- and in peoples defense -- if you read most regular newspapers etc. you can figure out without too much effort what the author and the paper feels about a subject. IMO People here just tend to be way more up front about it

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
perhaps its the mold that politicians contort to while exemplifying their arguments. that would demand any reporter from swaying from a certain statement or idea to any normal kind of report. then again who know...

new topics

top topics

join