It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The unemployment rate myth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Yo,

I came across a good article on the unemployment rate here in America. Before I read it, I already knew that the actual rate was being played down, but this article addes more to it. Off the top of my dome, I remember some lady talking to Bush at a speech or something. She told him that she was working THREE jobs to support her family. Bush replied that working three jobs is pretty American.

Now, I know a guy who works three jobs, but he doesn't do it to support his family. His goal is to become a multi-billionaire, so he works constantly and sleeps very little. That's kinda strange to me, but I do feel his effort on his paper chase. This lady was different, though; it seemed to me that she HAD to work more than one job to support her kids.

Anyway, here is a link to the article...

www.exilemm.com...

Pretty wild stuff there. It is my personal opinion that stuff is going to hit the fan in the near future, and this is just another example. Of course, I could be wrong, but I think the current events speak for themselves. Anyway, post any comments, agree or disagree.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Morn'n TruthSeeka,
Interresting and so refreshingly down to earth. Some times things become a little .......lofty in here.
Well I have been a union member and a board member for almost 20 years in Europe and we constantly battled the ignorance the goverment conviniently implanted in people. This was NOT a communist country.
Jobs have moved to third world countries for years, applauded by the same respective goverments!!!
Any unimployed sorry bastard was told that he didn't apply himself well enough. Bull!!! the jobs are gone. Into the hands of very poor people who will work for nothing who don't care about safety regulations laws anything.
I have some scarry tales just from my line of work. The past 3 years it was virtually impossible to find a job because the EU had admitted cheap workers from these poor countries.
Forgive my spelling, gotta go to a job interview

Life Bless
Wren

join